Script GrepoData - Enemy City Indexer APPROVED

DeletedUser56448

Hello fellow Grepolis fans!

I am one of the developers of grepodata.com. Our website offers some game statistics but the main purpose of the project is to easily collect intelligence about enemy towns. Most of us have been in a situation where we manually keep track of enemy fireship cities and mythical unit cities. Our allies post some reports on the forum and there is always one or two persons that have to add the intel from this report to a BB code table. No longer!

The GrepoData city indexer tool allows anyone to collect and share enemy intelligence via a GrepoData team.
You can create a private team and invite your allies to join your team so they can contribute intelligence to that specific team with only a single click of a button. You can then browse the collected intel on grepodata.com or in-game with the userscript installed.

As of May 2021, the script has official approval.

More info is available here: https://grepodata.com/indexer

Thank you!

index.png

indexer_town.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
@a dangerous chicken

Friend gave me your script few months back to look over and give my professional opinion, all i have to say is thumbs up to you for creating your intel site and this script for indexing reports into safe secure location, for specific alliance/group to view, update, track enemy intel, its awesome.

I have looked into this script in pretty much full detail(code wise), there is nothing automatized as per game rules hence why dutch server(staff) have approved this script, don't feel bad about being ignored by @Richard and @Baudin Toolan , its not your script nor you, they are just lazy or don't want to do any work necessary to get the script approved( its not just them, spanish server and many others havent updated allowed scripts for years)

For those that want to test out this script and use it, you can, as there is no automatized action support tools mods use to detect rule breaking have nothing to detect/trace hence why this script cant be detected and is within game rules, unless you are dumb enough to come out and say it "I USE THIS AND THIS" there is 0 % chance any of you are getting banned and thats a programmer and person that saw how support tools work first hand telling you that.

Cheers and again, amazing work, real shame i am retired and wont be able to test/use your script more, just what i and a lot of other people were missing for years drafting and updating our intel in local ally forum via bb coded reports.

Last edited:

curadh

Phrourach
By coincidence I actually put in a support ticket asking when this would be approved earlier today and got the usual fob off reply that it would be posted to forum when approved. But that you put in the request over 6 months ago with no response is hardly surprising lol I'm sure they are to busy dreaming up game changes and events that no one wants to deal with something that looks wonderful and a real aid and time saver to the player. Well done and thank you for this, lets just hope that EN players actually get a chance to be able to use it .... or we all defect to the NL servers that seem to be more proactive :)

DeletedUser55891

so in general, sites like grepolife and grepodata and scripts like grepo report convertor won't work until they are approved by the EN mods?

curadh

Phrourach
Grepolife is a website and I don't think needs approval. Scripts will work but however have to be approved before they can be legally used ... GRCRTools is approved ... I think the update on Thursday knocked out all tools ... maybe it hadn't tested properly on Beta and was rushed out prematurely?

DeletedUser55891

Grepolife is a website and I don't think needs approval. Scripts will work but however have to be approved before they can be legally used ... GRCRTools is approved ... I think the update on Thursday knocked out all tools ... maybe it hadn't tested properly on Beta and was rushed out prematurely?
It is just because both those websites and all the scrypts don't work properly anymore since Thursday, that i started thinking they banned them/ didn't approve them anymore on the EN servers. Let's hope it is just a malfunction caused by the update and that it will be fixed.

DeletedUser45360

It is just because both those websites and all the scrypts don't work properly anymore since Thursday, that i started thinking they banned them/ didn't approve them anymore on the EN servers. Let's hope it is just a malfunction caused by the update and that it will be fixed.
You can't ban a script like that. You can make updates to your website which can break the functionality of a script until the creator of the script fixes the code. If banning scripts were so easy, this game would not be plagued with bots that play the game for you.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
You can't ban a script like that. You can make updates to your website which can break the functionality of a script until the creator of the script fixes the code. If banning scripts were so easy, this game would not be plagued with bots that play the game for you.

What sema said is correct, there is no way for inno to detect use of scripts that are not automatized as their support tools track automatized actions not performed by "regular people" , seeing how hard it is for them to track fully automatized scripts i would be shocked if anyone gets banned for using this script.

Looking at it from reasonable side.. would you wait for staff to approve a script that is very useful and totally within game rules for months or years before you use it because most markets are NOT looking to legalize useful scripts these days...

Richard

Strategos
Hello. First up, we don't currently have an approval process in place due to limitations on in house staff, so if a different server has approved a script, they haven't actually approved a script, as the approval process goes via our developers, not simply because a Community Manager says so. We're not ignoring people, the whole process is on hold. However, generally speaking scripts which don't automate play will never land you a ban, as these aren't what our detection systems are designed to look for. I can't officially approve anything, but providing its within the overall rules, its likely not to be an issue.

In terms of stats websites not working, yes, this is an issue our end and we're already aware of it. We've not stopped broadcasting the data (or rather, not intentionally), but currently we know there is an issue.

Cheers
Richard

DeletedUser36697

Hello. First up, we don't currently have an approval process in place due to limitations on in house staff, so if a different server has approved a script, they haven't actually approved a script, as the approval process goes via our developers, not simply because a Community Manager says so. We're not ignoring people, the whole process is on hold. However, generally speaking scripts which don't automate play will never land you a ban, as these aren't what our detection systems are designed to look for. I can't officially approve anything, but providing its within the overall rules, its likely not to be an issue.

In terms of stats websites not working, yes, this is an issue our end and we're already aware of it. We've not stopped broadcasting the data (or rather, not intentionally), but currently we know there is an issue.

Cheers
Richard

apparently everything but money making events is on hold for the developers.... seems like the customers in this server are being treated like Mushrooms...
kept in the dark and fed night soil

DeletedUser54592

First of all, to Grepodata developer guy... very nice reporting tool. Well done! I will be using it once the data issue is FINALLY resolved.

Second, what is Grepo / Inno games doing about the data reporting issue? This has been 10+ days now and is spoiling the game play of Grepo.

I can't speak for others of course but I know that I will not be spending any of my hard earned cash on the game until it is sorted out.

Just want to point out that this is not a dig at the mods. I understand that you peeps do not have your finger on the 'fix' button ;)

From a very frustrated & disappointed Burnbrae.

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Unfortunately I don't have any new information about the issue with 3rd party sites no longer receiving the information they use to run.