GrepoData

DeletedUser52949

Looks like the end of an era. GrepoData updated and no longer shows activity by hour.

Do any other stats sites still do this?

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 5.55.53 AM.png

Shuri2060

Strategos
Nope, they had to remove it else inno wouldn't approve it.

I've seen quite a few private trackers (private servers, discord bots) however, so now it's down to if you're lucky enough to be in the same ally as someone who runs one.

DeletedUser52949

I've seen quite a few private trackers (private servers, discord bots) however, so now it's down to if you're lucky enough to be in the same ally as someone who runs one.

I didn't realize it wasn't allowed since I thought the general rule was automation of game actions is banned, and I can't see how mere statistics breaks that rule. Regardless, how hard can it be to make a program that tracks the stats? I'll have to ask a comp-sci friend lol

Albozzz

Chiliarch

giphy.gif

DeletedUser27793

Thats odd, Inno did not have a problem with this kind of data from athenasrecords times not sure what changed their opinion now lol

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
I didn't realize it wasn't allowed since I thought the general rule was automation of game actions is banned, and I can't see how mere statistics breaks that rule. Regardless, how hard can it be to make a program that tracks the stats? I'll have to ask a comp-sci friend lol

there is a thing called General Data Protection Regulation, and since Inno is a German company they are subjected to privacy and data protection laws, tracking ones activity times is not exactly legal, so most if not all trackers had to remove that feature, its been a matter of time really, while its perfectly fine with inno tracking whenever you logged on among other things :)

xFate

Strategos
there is a thing called General Data Protection Regulation, and since Inno is a German company they are subjected to privacy and data protection laws, tracking ones activity times is not exactly legal, so most if not all trackers had to remove that feature, its been a matter of time really, while its perfectly fine with inno tracking whenever you logged on among other things :)

Tracking activity levels is not illegal under GDPR

JellyBelly

Hoplite
It's tracking ABP gain in a game. Of which, doesn't contain personal information. GDPR won't apply to the tracking of ABP gain

To be fair, your earlier comment said activity levels not ABP so activity levels could as LB stated be considered illegal under GDPR due to the consent or no consent given by individuals to allow 3rd parties to publish

Let's not start quoting these laws as I think it would get silly and an extremely long thread

xFate

Strategos
To be fair, your earlier comment said activity levels not ABP so activity levels could as LB stated be considered illegal under GDPR due to the consent or no consent given by individuals to allow 3rd parties to publish

Let's not start quoting these laws as I think it would get silly and an extremely long thread

The heatmap on grepodata is based off ABP gain lol.