Tool GrepoIntel - When you really want to get hardcore...

DeletedUser2069

Thats what the random string attached to the name is for ;)

DeletedUser

Wan, can't you let your code replace special characters with their HTML entities?
E.g. an asterix would translate to &#42

DeletedUser5

I would recommend using urlencode(), Wan.

Skully, you wouldn't want * in the URL.

DeletedUser

yeah I meant the one with a % but didn't know the name :p

e.g. '/' is %2F iirc.

DeletedUser2795

The odd thing is that, when I use a * when searching google, it doesn't convert it to anything.

Um, another thing having to do with escaping characters:
whenever there is a city name "x's city", the apostrophe is proceeded by a backslash (presumably an escape character), but the backslash is showing up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5

The odd thing is that, when I use a * when searching google, it doesn't convert it to anything.

GrepoIntel and Google are different, so they're likely to do things in different ways.

DeletedUser2795

GrepoIntel and Google are different, so they're likely to do things in different ways.

Yeah, but I would expect that Google would generally do things the way that one should do them (I would hope :S ). I expect that grepointel wasn't necessarily doing anything wrong, but that vBulletin is.

DeletedUser

Suggestion: Make it possible to list by category on the worldstats page (and the other rank pages you have) :D

DeletedUser

I got it guys thanks but what i did was
i copy pasted this link from the grepointel site

And what i did was i took out the urls

L3G3NDau0wex1qih.png

And it worked

DeletedUser2795

And what i did was i took out the urls

And it worked
freaky... You took out the URL and it worked?????
Just joking :p For future reference, the URL is the entire text representing the location of the image on the web, removing it would prevent you from displaying the image.

DeletedUser3613

would love to see the world numbers replaced by names on the sigs, not that im suggesting you spend less time deffending your citys and more time on grepointel ;) just a suggestion mate :)

DeletedUser2069

Not a bad suggestion mate :)

It has been implemented... Just clear your cache to see everyone's new banners ;)

DeletedUser27700

So any idea why mine wont update? Not that i mind having everyone know i conquered a city from Deus, i was just wondering.

DeletedUser2069

Skully is correct.

You can clear your cache and it will show the most recent image.