Tool GrepoIntel - When you really want to get hardcore...

DeletedUser

Thanks wansyth. Where would we be without you?

Going to Oracle, apparently.

Grepointel is a great site - when it's online.

The owner seriously needs to upgrade to a better web hosting package. It's clear the site traffic has outgrown what it allows for.

When the SQL database crashes the site is offline for days and that is a huge pain for any serious grepolis player.

It's exactly why sites like Oracle of Zancle are getting more popular. And when it's fully functional, or rather if, it's going to replace grepointel/grepostats entirely.

Oh I've got my own rant about grepostats itself - freaking 30 days to add a new world? Yeah that's just not going to cut it.

DeletedUser35069

Make your own and quit whining to a guy that doesnt have 'seriously' do anything, it's all voluntary work. Useful site but unless your going to pay for his upgrade quit suggesting to him how to spend his money.

DeletedUser

You're aware that the ad money coming in more than pays for anything? He's actually losing money when it's down lol.

If I was the owner and didn't wanna do it anymore I'd least post here for someone to take it over.

He's screwing over literally thousands of people every time the site goes down. Your post is just ignorant.

DeletedUser2069

I have taken steps to improve my response time for issues that come up. When I get a facebook message it is routed to me the quickest. The last outage was only a couple hours from when I got the first message to me getting the server back up.

On a positive note...I've finally got my support to implement an auto recovery for mysql so keep your fingers crossed on that...

It's coming to the point where I might have to remove some of the other language servers that very few people use but I hate to do that.

I do what I can to tune the servers when there is time but life has changed in the four years since I offered this to players other than just my alliance.

DeletedUser31385

I have taken steps to improve my response time for issues that come up. When I get a facebook message it is routed to me the quickest. The last outage was only a couple hours from when I got the first message to me getting the server back up.

On a positive note...I've finally got my support to implement an auto recovery for mysql so keep your fingers crossed on that...

It's coming to the point where I might have to remove some of the other language servers that very few people use but I hate to do that.

I do what I can to tune the servers when there is time but life has changed in the four years since I offered this to players other than just my alliance.

Thank you. Your time and effort are appreciated.

DeletedUser35069

You're aware that the ad money coming in more than pays for anything? He's actually losing money when it's down lol.

If I was the owner and didn't wanna do it anymore I'd least post here for someone to take it over.

He's screwing over literally thousands of people every time the site goes down. Your post is just ignorant.

No he isnt screwing anyone at any point, he's helping players when the sites up and running not the reverse, been using the site for years, fantastic site but if Wansyth decided tomorrow he didnt want to do it anymore I wouldnt be whining. How about instead of complaining simply pointing out the site is down so Wansyth can fix it. Manners cost nothing same as Gintel for your use.

DeletedUser

i would rate the oracle as being superior now for its timed BP info etc. maps need a little work but IMO it edges intel.

DeletedUser

i would rate the oracle as being superior now for its timed BP info etc. maps need a little work but IMO it edges intel.

Not many people would listen to your advice.

Thanks Wansyth for all your work and time.

DeletedUser

^ not many would listen to you as they don't know which multi accounter they are talking too :D

Is it Tfinn? Is it archon of corinth? Is it Croatian lover? is it GDIretro? anyone not in the know - this dude likes to write posts in one name then quote the post in another name and smiley face it while plus repping himself..then admits it on the forum..total joke of the externals- i'll post the link to en 85 so you can all laugh at \tfinn :D