Grepolis 2.0 New farming system! Discussion

DeletedUser

If you are a resource hog like me farming is a must for two reasons(even with maxed resource buildings):

1. Rebuild time. Maxed buildings does not produce enough to feed my regular rebuilds.

2. City festivals. I normally have festivals going in the vast majority of my cities, even when rebuilding. Absolute must if you wanna open those city slots for further expansion...

DeletedUser

i like the fact that we can occupy a village and gain resources because of it, but it might get a little tedious to continuously click on the village in order to get the resources that have built up, especially if you are a large player and have a few dozen cities and are occupying several dozen villages. it might be more beneficial to the players and less time consuming if the shipments were delivered automatically once the resources have built up.

+1 to that opinion. It will become boring for "endgame" players to demand resources from all of those villages.
One thing i hate in browser games and thats the tousends clicks i have to do daily.

DeletedUser

Yes, but now it will be a whole lot fewer clicks than with the original farming system.

DeletedUser

Yes, but now it will be a whole lot fewer clicks than with the original farming system.

indeed.
Farming is still rewarded with resources, and it should not be too easy. If you receive resources automatically, then why not let Grepolis time attacks automatically, and log in at night to build troops automatically?

DeletedUser

Why fewer clicks ? As far as i saw in the test server so far, if you want to constantly gain resourses, you should demand res every 5 min from every single farm you own. Or its because of the server speed and on 1x speed you'll have to do that rarely ?

DeletedUser

There are higher options for a reason. You can demand larger amounts that take longer to reload, so that you don't have to worry about them for, say, 5 hours, which is the highest. Although, to be honest, the total amount of resources gained is less than with the 5 minute one over 5 hours.

DeletedUser

I loveeeeee the new farming system. I just clicked a button and got 640 resources instantly.

DeletedUser

Same here. I get 1024 in one click. THe problem is is that I have to wait for 5 hours before I can get more resources. I usually do it before school and before I go to bed, so I don't have to wait.

DeletedUser

Hi guys,

I have an even greater idea, since the system is this way, why don't we make it easier instead of having two-clicks for opening a farm and decide to demand or loot, why not HAVE IT ALL IN ONE CLICK???

GENIUS!!!

Let's have a predetermined or preset amount of says 5 minutes, or 20 minutes as a default, and we'll just have to click on Demand or Loot and it will do it as default time. This is neither cheating or laziness, it simply provide the players with convenience, shortened or simply the process without immoral (cheating) behaviour.

Someone else can take my credit and my idea to propose it to the mod since I don't regularly visit the forum.

Thank You

DeletedUser

hello

Am I the only one who thinks the new farming system is TERRIBLE and strongly promotes no-lifers against normal people?

Farming every 5 minutes is WAY more effective then using any other periods. The way to reach the resource limit is to farm maximally expanded village (level 6) every 5 minutes for 17 hours :D While in the old system it was enough to farm a village once a day only, because the mood wouldn't allow for more anyway.

Anyone cares to explain how do you believe that hundreds of clicks every 5 minutes is "less clicking" then 4-5 clicks daily in the old system? I really don't get it :)

And, as said before, this new system will promote no-lifers and cheaters against normal players :( I believe this is where my adventure with grepolis is gonna end, there are better games promoting strategy and thinking over pure monkey clicking.

DeletedUser

hello

Am I the only one who thinks the new farming system is TERRIBLE and strongly promotes no-lifers against normal people?

Farming every 5 minutes is WAY more effective then using any other periods. The way to reach the resource limit is to farm maximally expanded village (level 6) every 5 minutes for 17 hours :D While in the old system it was enough to farm a village once a day only, because the mood wouldn't allow for more anyway.

Anyone cares to explain how do you believe that hundreds of clicks every 5 minutes is "less clicking" then 4-5 clicks daily in the old system? I really don't get it :)

And, as said before, this new system will promote no-lifers and cheaters against normal players :( I believe this is where my adventure with grepolis is gonna end, there are better games promoting strategy and thinking over pure monkey clicking.

I agree that the difference between the amount of res you get by clicking 5 minutes 4 times compared to 20 minutes 1 time is a little unfair, but those who put in more endeavour should get rewarded more, right?

Secondly, how does it influence cheaters? We don't take too kindly to cheaters around here ;)

DeletedUser

I agree that the difference between the amount of res you get by clicking 5 minutes 4 times compared to 20 minutes 1 time is a little unfair, but those who put in more endeavour should get rewarded more, right?

Secondly, how does it influence cheaters? We don't take too kindly to cheaters around here ;)

Yep, I do agree that they should be rewarded, so it should be better to farm more often - but IMO this reward is at the moment way to high, which makes Grepolis just another "click more and win" game. I don't know if that was actually intended, but personally, I am much dissapointed.

Aren't browser games meant to be played for months? If yes, then logging every 5 or even 20 minutes in average is only possible for a no-lifer, and these kind of players will win. And so, if you are a normal person but also ambitious to be a strong player, you will have to decide on either becoming one of no-lifers, or quitting.

BTW, I also noticed, that tribalwars is actually heading in exactly opposite direction, and they set up the "no haul" worlds, so to quote "the world priorities strategy, team work and tactics over pure activity". Here on Grepolis it turned the other way - less strategy, more activity and dumb clicking.

DeletedUser

Yep, I do agree that they should be rewarded, so it should be better to farm more often - but IMO this reward is at the moment way to high, which makes Grepolis just another "click more and win" game. I don't know if that was actually intended, but personally, I am much dissapointed.

Aren't browser games meant to be played for months? If yes, then logging every 5 or even 20 minutes in average is only possible for a no-lifer, and these kind of players will win. And so, if you are a normal person but also ambitious to be a strong player, you will have to decide on either becoming one of no-lifers, or quitting.

BTW, I also noticed, that tribalwars is actually heading in exactly opposite direction, and they set up the "no haul" worlds, so to quote "the world priorities strategy, team work and tactics over pure activity". Here on Grepolis it turned the other way - less strategy, more activity and dumb clicking.

Agreed

DeletedUser16691

sorry...dont really like the new farming system, i have a job and a life so playing twice a day is about all i can manage, that limits me hugely with the new system.

i'm so far behind now i'll just end up as someone else's farm and since you no-longer need men to carry resources from farms it just leaves you wide open to constant slinger attacks as soon as bp comes off.

this favors fighting immediately to suppress your neighbors as opposed to building up and using your troops to carry more resource, it really has become a dog eat dog world.

DeletedUser

Well, I think the new farming system sucks. click,click,click,click,click....bored.

I think the game has been dumbed down by the taking of farming villages and the explanations of how to do it. I think the fact that you have to pay resources in to raise the level is ridiculous.....the village is under my control supposedly. I think the fact that you lose so many troops to get a new farming village is terrible, especially as you're fighting troops but getting no BP. As for the farming itself, really? You think this is an improvement? In what way is it an improvement. Farming used to take a couple of hours now to get anywhere you need to be on 24/7. Everyone will get bored of this, it's not sustainable to anyone with even half a life.

If this is implemented in all the worlds then I think my grepo days will be over.

You can see what I think of the whole thing by my city name.

A great game ruined!!

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by ziutek
hello

Farming every 5 minutes is WAY more effective then using any other periods. The way to reach the resource limit is to farm maximally expanded village (level 6) every 5 minutes for 17 hours While in the old system it was enough to farm a village once a day only, because the mood wouldn't allow for more anyway.

Anyone cares to explain how do you believe that hundreds of clicks every 5 minutes is "less clicking" then 4-5 clicks daily in the old system? I really don't get it

And, as said before, this new system will promote no-lifers and cheaters against normal players I believe this is where my adventure with grepolis is gonna end, there are better games promoting strategy and thinking over pure monkey clicking.
I totally agree, when they announced it, they said that " New farming system is great, less clicking required". Now i never turn off my lap top and whatever im doing i have to every 10 min to click on all the farms or I will get crap. I miss the old: 25 + 25 + 25 + 8 horses to strengthen and inmediatly behind 72 horses. And I would worry for that farm for hours, and I could go on with my life knowing that i had 6k resources

DeletedUser

^ Or you could research Booty and just farm every 40 minutes. I find the old method time consuming and very boring.

/opinion :pro:

DeletedUser

Old system time consuming?? Are you for real?

Old system = Couple of hours

New system = 24/7

Trust me, it's new so you think it's ok, it'll soon wear you and everyone else down.

DeletedUser

What about the effort of the old system: Click, type, click, click.

You do it 4-5 times per farming village, and then send horses to collect it. That's more efforts right there.

Plus, the new meta games of the farming system doesn't require you to always build horse for your village, allowing more space for slingers and hoplites and still be able to farm.

DeletedUser

with the old system one would eventually stop farming altogether because it was a huge chore.

with the new system a player with 30 cities can farm once a day (even twice maybe) without taking up very much time at all.

conclusion: if you wanna go for the every 5min farming then you are the one who is making it unbearable for yourself!

if you wanna be up at the top then you need to put in the same time as those at the top. there will be people who play 20hrs a day and they rightfully should be doing better than me playing an hour here and there... for me it is better in the long run since farming will actually be an option later on, where it most definitely was not with the old system.

different ways of looking at things for everybody i guess :)