Grepolis 2.0 New farming system! Discussion

DeletedUser14385

on the old system i stopped farming as much when i got a bit larger but if a city was short i would hit a few farms, i think the new system will prevent me ever getting to that phase in the first place so theres no benefit for me :p if the old worlds upgrade ill be looking for a new time sink, preferably one with some strategy other than who cliks longer wins

DeletedUser

i might use the 5min thing when i'm online for a while but i think i'll mainly use the longer ones even though they're less efficient. i expect to do around as well in 2.0 as i have in the old version (not very well :p) because everybody will be on the same farming system and only the most dedicated players will be using the short farming, and those players deserve to do better than me ;)

DeletedUser

Py, why does someone who can sit there longer clicking deserve to do better? It's supposed to be a strategy game.

DeletedUser

i guess i should have said that they deserve to do better if they are as good strategically ;)

i suspect that i could still do better than a complete idiot who clicked the farm button every 5 mins. i'd guess that the best players will still be at the top and the most active of them will be top of the tops (which is basically how it is already)!

DeletedUser

the new farming system is idiotic(no offense).u cant stay all day long and click,click!if i will ever play again(im not very sure) i will play first two days over 17h per day.and click to every 5 dam minutes.that will give me a huge advantage.when i heard about the new system,i was very happy.when i saw it... .but,to be honest,i will take few more cities in rho,just to see how the system is when u have around 7 or 8 cities.

DeletedUser

The new farming system is a major lost opportunity. Farming every 5 mins (or 10 with Booty) is so much more profitable that you have to be doing this is as much as possible throughout the day to compete.

The 4 levels of farming (with Booty):
1. every 5 (10) mins = 100% of available res
2. every 20 (40) mins = 50% of available res
3. every 120 (240) mins = 33% of available res
4. every 300 (600) mins = 13% of available res

Farming every 5 (or 10) mins soon becomes tedious, and is heavily biased in favour of those with huge amounts of free time, and makes Grepolis a farming game more than a strategy game. Why didn't they allow people with less free time to compete !? The resource collection should be scaled closer to something like the following:

1. every 5 (10) mins = 100% of available res
2. every 20 (40) mins = 85% of available res
3. every 120 (240) mins = 70% of available res
4. every 300 (600) mins = 50% of available res

At least then people with a life outside Grepolis would have a chance of competing !

:Angry:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

If you want to create a (Properly formatted!) Idea in the ideas forum that either suggests that or suggests that the 5 min be changed to something like 20 min and all the other times be scaled up appropriately, then that would be good.

DeletedUser

I'd love to make a properly formatted request but I'm too busy farming !!!
:)

(perhaps later...)

DeletedUser

Yes, but now it will be a whole lot fewer clicks than with the original farming system.

How come. In old version, I needed five clicks to farm a village to maximum. 3 clicks to send 25 horsemen and one click to send 10 horsemen to increase strength to 100% and one more click to send 65 horsemen to collect maximum resources. It all takes me few minutes if i have enough horsemen or 15-30 min if I have less than 75 horsemen.

With new system, it takes much more clicks to gather the same amount of resources. Plus it is more time taking.

If i want to do farming whole day, i will play farmville.

It favors guys who do not have job and can stay online full time. I quit Tau because of farming and not going to play 2.0 till they fix this farming system.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

The 2.0 farming system is good.

Wars on Rho started earlier and the men/women boys/girls were sorted out accordingly.

Plenty of 1.xx worlds to go back to if you want to play Sim City.

DeletedUser2795

I am not sure which system is worse, but 1.x is definitely the less "Sim City", because aren't they the ones using troops to farm? Isn't there more thinking involved, even if it is tedious?

DeletedUser

If you like the old system, go play in the old world.

I like the new system, it's new so there are rooms to improve. Such as the brilliant Mass Farm.

Even at the current meta game without the mass farm, I really enjoy more warring and less farming using dumb horses.

Plus it changes the game, not requiring horses in every city to farm. More pure offensive and defensive cities.

DeletedUser2795

I was objecting to the calling of the old version "Sim City", neither version deserves to be called as such.

DeletedUser

Sorry, I was objecting to the post by yogesh Singh

And it seems he's also a bit slow in counting clicks. The old version was mundane, with having to click 5 times per village, and having to wait for your horses or troops to come back and then proceed to farm it if you don't have enough troops.

With the new farming system, 3 clicks done. No waiting.

If you're not trolling, u must be otherwise having a brain of a troll and still be honest.

We should think how to improve it, not arguing to go back to the old system.

DeletedUser

With the new farming system, 3 clicks done. No waiting.

If you're not trolling, u must be otherwise having a brain of a troll and still be honest.

You showed your intelligent by making personal comment. It is public forum and everyone has rights to speak their mind.

For your information, you have to wait in this new system also. To gain maximum resources you have to wait every 5-10 min to click again.

When you are trying to rebuild a horsemen or LS in old system you will get around 8X6K resources in less than few hrs which is great help to build the queue. With new system, it is become more tedious to gain maximum resources.

If a system is new that does not mean it is better.

PS: grow up and learn to have a discussion

DeletedUser2795

As yogesh said, I am allowed to speak my mind, even if you are addressing another person, than if I believe that you are wrong, I will still correct you. If you want to have 1 on 1 convos, use visitor messages or PMs.

DeletedUser

It seems that your preferences are different than other people who prefer the new farming system than the old one.

The difference is quite noticeable when you have 5 or more cities. With the old system, there is no flexibility in timing of farming. With the new system, you actually can control and knowing when your farming time is up.

Either system promotes clickers that who click more will get more resources. But in a long term, the new system wins in making farming more tolerable and not a chore. Just imagine having 50 cities. You can just do it per 4 hours or 10 hours wait instead of doing rounds and rounds of clicking to send str-ing and farming.

I know which one I prefer.

Is that a fair comment?

DeletedUser2795

Dear me, you do not know much about how the game works, do you?
It seems that your preferences are different than other people who prefer the new farming system than the old one.
So far, so good...
The difference is quite noticeable when you have 5 or more cities. With the old system, there is no flexibility in timing of farming. With the new system, you actually can control and knowing when your farming time is up.
Not true. mood goes up at a fixed rate, it just takes basic arithmetic skills to figure out when you will be able to farm again, use the market again, and when to attack with the old system. The new system has two timers; mood and the regular one.
Either system promotes clickers that who click more will get more resources. But in a long term, the new system wins in making farming more tolerable and not a chore. Just imagine having 50 cities. You can just do it per 4 hours or 10 hours wait instead of doing rounds and rounds of clicking to send str-ing and farming.
Have you actually done the math on how often you can farm with the old system? I can not remember exactly how the mood reduces, but with the new system you must farm every 5, 10, 20, or 40 minutes or lose unacceptable efficiency. With the old system there was only one time to worry about at higher levels. And that is a long time :p
I know which one I prefer.
I am not sure yet myself, so I do not care which you prefer, as long as you can back that up.
Is that a fair comment? Troll? Not troll, just un-supported
Replies in bold.

DeletedUser

I enjoy this down talking as much as you enjoy receiving it >:).

No I actually have not done the math because I cbf to do it. So if you'd like to show me how it is in empirical data, feel free. And there is already an efficiency farming idea for improvement that might get implemented to improve the efficiency.

With the old system, I gave up farming at around 15 cities. Because of having to cycle through cities and monitor the mood of farming village. There is inconsistency there. The key in this new system is Consistency, and that save valuable times in knowing when ALL of the village is ready to be farmed again.

Support it now?