Grepolis 2.0 New God Discussion

DeletedUser

Please leave your comments about Hades below!

Patch preview 2.0: Hades

hadesi.jpg

Hades crawled up from the underworld to aid our players during their conquests. Not only is the lord of the underworld incredibly stylish, but he also adds some interesting aspects to the game. Cerberos and the Erinyes will act as reinforcements on the battlefield, and his dark powers will aid in conquering your enemies.

Mythical units:

• Cerberus: The three-headed hound of hell is almost impervious to strikes, however well placed arrows can slay him.

• Erinyes: You don’t want the relentless goddesses of vengeance as enemies. They are incredibly fast and almost impossible to hit.

Of course Hades will have his own set of powers to aid the players in their conquests. One power is a surprise, and will be revealed with the 2.0 patch.

Hades’ divine powers:

• Treasures of the Underworld: You receive 500 silver coins.

• Helmet of Invisibility: Your troops are invisible for the first 10 % of their journey.

• Return of the Dead: 10 % of your killed units return to their home city.

• Plague: (Surprise Power)

The next 2.0 Preview will be about the heroworlds. What they are, and who can play in them will be released soon!

Have fun discussing the new God!

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

DeletedUser13436

Hades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What are the stats of Cerebrus and Erinyes? HeroWORLDS? Will this be updated to only a few worlds?
You guys took the better part of a week! Dont keep us in so much suspence for the next post.
Cant believe I am the first one to comment on it and possibly the first one to know it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@Octavius Caeser No one really cares :p

Hades looks amazing :) I can't wait to see what those myths can do :)

I hope that Erinyes can fly... It would be pretty useless having a myth-farmer that can't farm off island :(

DeletedUser

No Kraken???

Just kidding, thanks Grepo's, should keep me busy for an hour or 2 susing out new tactics ;)

DeletedUser

When exactly would you cast return of the dead? Before or after the attack lands?

DeletedUser

When exactly would you cast return of the dead? Before or after the attack lands?

I assume the same as Heroic Power or Favorable wind, due to units been returned that were lost in an attack it would have to be cast on the attack.

I was looking forward to 'The Kraken' been introduced.
It would help with clearing 10-30% of all land units in a city.
It would help in clearing cities stacked with land defense.

Hopefully the 'Plague' spell has a similar effect.

DeletedUser13436

No Kraken???

Just kidding, thanks Grepo's, should keep me busy for an hour or 2 susing out new tactics ;)

I wonder what tactics you can think without knowing the proper stats of the mythical units. Kraken sounds like a nice idea but it will need to be weaker than the Hydra other wise Poseiden will become quite useless unless Kraken has a unit worse then Cyclopse with it(which seems improbable).
Originally Posted by jarpenguin View Post
I assume the same as Heroic Power or Favorable wind, due to units been returned that were lost in an attack it would have to be cast on the attack
If only one spell can be cast on an attack in 2.0 then this will make people chose offensive more often. Does this include all land, naval and myth units?
What happens if say I lose 99 slings in an attack? 9.9 WILL COME BACK?!

DeletedUser5

I wonder what tactics you can think without knowing the proper stats of the mythical units.
I assume that he means when version 2.0 comes out.

If only one spell can be cast on an attack in 2.0 then this will make people chose offensive more often. Does this include all land, naval and myth units?
What happens if say I lose 99 slings in an attack? 9.9 WILL COME BACK?!

I assume that it will be rounded to the nearest whole number, so you'll get 10 slingers back. Alternatively, it will be rounded to the lower number, and you'll get 9 back.

DeletedUser6812

Erinyes = Furies = Flying unit (almost identical to harpies tbh)
Still another nice unit to stack as a siege breaker :D

• Helmet of Invisibility: Your troops are invisible for the first 10 % of their journey.
Is AMAZING!!! - With this it will really mess up the mind of players who try to judge whats coming thier way using the map!

• Return of the Dead: 10 % of your killed units return to their home city.
Sooooo nice if you lose a whole nuke! Going on the wording it looks like it works on navy too which would me mint.

• Plague: (Surprise Power)
Total guess but I assume its along the lines of 10% casulties of troops stationed in the target polis.
Something like that would be amazing in stacked cities!

Question tho : When this god power wears off will you be able to cast Favorable wind for eg?

DeletedUser

He's better than I thought he would be. It's always hard when coming up with new "Characters" to think of something completely new/unique, but Hades is unique.

The Helmet of Invisibility is a very nice spell.

DeletedUser

Finally.

It makes sense for hades to actually be in the Grepolis Myth Collection.

Seeing as though hes the Brother of Zeus & Posiden.

~V

DeletedUser13436

Return of the Dead: 10 % of your killed units return to their home city.
Sooooo nice if you lose a whole nuke! Going on the wording it looks like it works on navy too which would me mint.
Isnt nice for the defenders! I think I will need to change my playing style to a completely offensive one. And people thought Zeus was the best god that can be for offensive players!!!

DeletedUser

I assume the stats for the mythics are:
Cerebrus:
High Blunt
High Sharp
Very low distance compared to above

DeletedUser

Now I'm really excited! Hades looks awesome and his powers are outstanding. You can never have to much silver!

DeletedUser

oh and heroworlds? I'm stumped not sure where they're going with that.

DeletedUser

I really think the best part of return from the dead spell would be that you can see how many troops survived the attack, and plan occordingly. Will you be able to see troops that survived? That would mean you could send 10 slingers in a fast transport and get 1 back. Along with a report on the defense. That would be great. What would offset that was if you had to have troops survive to use it. That would suck but keep players from getting rid of caves and just useing a couple slingers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The whole packege is pretty sweet.
Turtles beware. Hades is on the loose.
I think that his reviving spell will probably be cast on the report.

DeletedUser

The whole packege is pretty sweet.
Turtles beware. Hades is on the loose.
I think that his reviving spell will probably be cast on the report.

Maybe, but there would have to be a time limit. reports don't delete untill there are like 12 pages of them, so 1 month later you could revive troops. That could work bad.