Grepolis 2.0 New God Discussion

DeletedUser7160

As a member of C.H.U.D. (Coalition of Hades Underground Dwellers) in world Kappa, I am very happy to see this. Our manifesto specifically states that all members of CHUD in reality worship Hades, though our temples may be dedicated to other gods.

I would love to see you guys do something with:
- Ares (like it was stated, a MUST)
- Hermes (speed and health spells, dunno what kind of mythical units)
- Hephaestus (fire bonuses, maybe fire catapults?)
- Apollo/Artemis as twins...

DeletedUser

As a member of C.H.U.D. (Coalition of Hades Underground Dwellers) in world Kappa, I am very happy to see this. Our manifesto specifically states that all members of CHUD in reality worship Hades, though our temples may be dedicated to other gods.

I would love to see you guys do something with:
- Ares (like it was stated, a MUST)
- Hermes (speed and health spells, dunno what kind of mythical units)
- Hephaestus (fire bonuses, maybe fire catapults?)
- Apollo/Artemis as twins...

too many gods is a bad thing for noobs.(as if they don't have enough trouble already), Ares is a must, but others wouldn't work well. too much programming for grepo. all the gods are war gods, no matter what. I think this should be changed. One god,(such as hera) should have myth. units that carry like 1000 of resource, instead of battle strength.

DeletedUser

No Kraken???

Just kidding, thanks Grepo's, should keep me busy for an hour or 2 susing out new tactics ;)

Actually, Kraken was not introduced in Ancient Greek.
Wikipedia
And if you have seen Clash of the Titans, it's a movie and because of that not trusted. In fact, the movies "300" and "Clash of the Titans" are just for selling.

MAD SPARTEN said:
I don't think Helmet of Invisability will be used alot, because it can only be used to counter Wisdom, which is not used very of often
Do you know how many times you know of what attacks consist of looking at the distance? If you know the player you want to attack is online and you don't want him to see what's coming then you cast this and fake him. (He will think that LS's are coming and he dodges, but instead there is a massive army in transports)

P.S. I know you can do that by using fast transports, but sometimes you know if someone is using Fast T and most of times the attacker does not use FT

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12571

I'd just like to throw something out there in regards to the 'plague' spell. At first I thought it would have something to do with the victims troops (which it may), but my afterthought related to the farm level of a city. Maybe it would be too similar to Zeus' bolt, but plague may set the farm level back 1-3 levels?

DeletedUser

what would plaque possibly be?

plaque: wild rats run around the city , eat the food up , people starve to death.

EFFECT:10% of the free population and 10% of the troops die.

doubt:
If I sen 1 manticore and then it dies in the destiny city if I cast 'return of the dead' how will I get back 10% of 1 manticore?

DeletedUser

what would plaque possibly be?

plaque: wild rats run around the city , eat the food up , people starve to death.

EFFECT:10% of the free population and 10% of the troops die.

doubt:
If I sen 1 manticore and then it dies in the destiny city if I cast 'return of the dead' how will I get back 10% of 1 manticore?

Your plague idea is impossible. It would totally imbalance the game. And if your farm level is high, I don't even think that you're allowed to send an attack of one manticore :S

DeletedUser13436

No one mentioned that Return of the undead can be casted only as an attacker can it be casted from both sides?
Um...you're not the first to know...The Mod Team knew well before you did who it would be
Yeah I knew that! I thought expecting some common sense will be fine!

DeletedUser

So here's a guess on what Plague does:

All your citizens are ill or tending the sick. For the next 8 hours you produce no new resources.

Would be good for holding people down and not nearly as devastating as killing 10% of the troops in a city which could be hundreds if its stacked with support. That just sounds to much like a game breaker.

DeletedUser4013

I can imagine that Plague will be a spell that will make people think about turtling in-game

DeletedUser

Maybe every city on a certain island loses 30% resource production...

That seems reasonable, and it can't effect one player too much UNLESS they are turtling :)

DeletedUser

Maybe every city on a certain island loses 30% resource production...

That seems reasonable, and it can't effect one player too much UNLESS they are turtling :)

one spell that effects multiple targets?

I dont think we will see something like that any time soon.

Its probably just going to be kill 10% of troops in a city or something like that.

DeletedUser

one spell that effects multiple targets?

I dont think we will see something like that any time soon.

Its probably just going to be kill 10% of troops in a city or something like that.

I doubt that a 10% all troops is gonna happen :S

DeletedUser

It will be great to get a fresh, new god to utilize. Can't wait for the next preview for update 2.0.

DeletedUser

hades is sweat but we must think.Hades has to balance in game.So units cost a little more and powers cost a little more.Also there is one Cerberus so replace it with hell hounds.Hell Hound would be perfect with this game and would not let in any cheese in this game.Return of the Dead should be renamed to Revival.Plague should kill 10-30% of enemy units or in targeted city.The silver one wouldn't make any sense because Hades wouldn't give any silver so i say make it unholy summon witch gives you 1 hell hound.Helmet of Inv. would work if u make it the whole time of an attack so it would catch people of guard.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

its odd that half the spells posted in the 1st post i came up with like return of the dead was my idea hins Revival