Grepolis 2.0 New God Discussion

DeletedUser

While I like the idea of Hades very much, I'm not in favour of replacing another god for him. While it has been suggested that the replaced god would be rotated between new worlds, that does not take into account different speeds and attributes of those new worlds.

For example, I've made up my mind that speed 1 worlds are just too slow, but speed 3 worlds take too much time, so I would really only be interested in a speed 2 world. In addition, I like to use Zeuss and Hera. If one of those two gods were to be replaced, I might not want to try the new speed 2 world. Of course, if Posiedon were to be replaced, then I'd join.

Then we get into will the new world have conquest or revolt, have morale on or off, and perhaps a few other things to confuse the noobs with. At the end of the day, it will probably segregate players more, rather than bring them together.

Perhaps the Hero Worlds could have all 5 gods present?

DeletedUser

Having all 5 gods present is a matter of program stability, since the it is currently designed for 4 gods. Also there has been some discussion about graphics issues with representing all 5 gods. There may be some work going on to resolve these issues, but I would not hold my breath.

DeletedUser

These are the spells 3 out of 4 of them have been revealed:
• Treasures of the Underworld: You receive 500 silver coins.

• Helmet of Invisibility: Your troops are invisible for the first 10 % of their journey.

• Return of the Dead: 10 % of your killed units return to their home city.

• Plague: (Surprise Power)

Favor cost of each spell

Treasures: 30 favor

Helmet: 120

Dead: 400

Plague: 250

If your going to repost the favor can you give me credit for being the first to post it :D thanks

DeletedUser345

Hey guys can i have confirmation can Erinys fly? There speed is very high but do they require transports?

DeletedUser

Hades as the new god.

Cerberus and the Erinyes....wow!

I wasn't surprised about his "silver" divining since most people equate him with the god Ploutos (who is the god of wealth).

The power of invisibility for only 10% of the time...you can do better than that.

The returning of the 10% of soldiers lost...this is great, especially since Hades hated to give up the dead.

Overall, this will be good. Consider Hephaistos and Hermes next.

DeletedUser345

I wasn't surprised about his "silver" divining since most people equate him with the god Ploutos (who is the god of wealth).

Totally wrong! Pluto was the Roman equivalent of Hades and nothing to do with wealth.

The power of invisibility for only 10% of the time...you can do better than that.

Stop complaining it is fine.

Overall, this will be good. Consider Hephaistos and Hermes next.

I doubt it would overload the server and we would probably have to loose an original god.

P.S. Answer my question :) i am trying to do a calculation.

DeletedUser345

I am going to make i guide of the new strategies involved with the addition of the 2.0 i think so if anyone does know whether Erinys can fly then please tell me in the public interest.

DeletedUser

Totally wrong! Pluto was the Roman equivalent of Hades and nothing to do with wealth.

Stop complaining it is fine.

I doubt it would overload the server and we would probably have to loose an original god.

P.S. Answer my question :) i am trying to do a calculation.

Okay, notice I said Ploutos, not Pluto. Research the item before you ignorantly note an error when in actually is correct. And I am not complaining, just noting the programmers can do better. Please, it's a divine power. Why settle when we can get more (and it is possible).

And the thing about adding other gods, I can be hopeful and your negative vibe is engrossing.

DeletedUser

Feel free to ask me any questions, however i fail at making guides :p dunno why.

DeletedUser

okay so i haven't read all 16 pages but:

Hades looks good! i'm sorry he won't be a feature in all the worlds, but having different combinations of gods in different worlds might be interesting.

still ... someday, when the esteemed developers feel like it ... i'm sure they could make more gods available in all the worlds.

"but too many gods would be too confusing to new players!"

so more gods/powers could become available as your culture level advances.

"but then new players wouldn't stand a chance!"

the higher-echelon gods could ignore players below their point level, and just fight among themselves.
(just like in real life! :cool: )

and as for Hades's power to resuscitate 10% of one's troops, maybe we'll have to cast that spell (or not)
before the battle, just like other specific battle spells.

DeletedUser

Hmm...that's a shame that no existing worlds will get that feature..

Last edited by a moderator: