Grepolis 2.0 New God Discussion

DeletedUser

I havnt read all this thread , so apologies in advance.
but it generated an idea in my foolish head for any upgraded version of the game.

How about a substitute for the Divine Statue.
Hades Statue which offers a modified favor list with each temple god.

It might need a higher level temple than the divine statue's level 12 to build but offers an increase in effect of any favor cast or an extra favoretc

Just an idea if anyone wants to run with it, feel free.

DeletedUser

Pluto was the Roman equivalent of Hades and nothing to do with wealth.
The silver coins placed on the eyes of the dead? The ferryman on the river Styx? Ring any bells?

Having all 5 gods present is a matter of program stability, since it is currently designed for 4 gods. Also there has been some discussion about graphics issues with representing all 5 gods. There may be some work going on to resolve these issues, but I would not hold my breath.
Perhaps have Hades on the reverse of the current shield?
Have a little button that allows you to rotate the shield and have Hera on the back? (...I like this because one could argue the inclusion of three other gods...)

I can't mock it up here but if people wanted to see what I mean I could mock one up later...

DeletedUser

Since precious minerals come from under the earth (i.e., the "underworld" ruled by Hades), he was considered to have control of these as well, and was referred to as Πλούτων (Plouton, related to the word for "wealth"), hence the Roman name Pluto.

DeletedUser

Since precious minerals come from under the earth (i.e., the "underworld" ruled by Hades), he was considered to have control of these as well, and was referred to as Πλούτων (Plouton, related to the word for "wealth"), hence the Roman name Pluto.

The Greek word πλούσιος literally means rich, this shows the links to wealth :)

DeletedUser345

The silver coins placed on the eyes of the dead? The ferryman on the river Styx? Ring any bells?

There was a tradition to do that doesn't necessarily mean he is the god of wealth, Copia is the roman goddess of wealth and plenty.

DeletedUser

There was a tradition to do that doesn't necessarily mean he is the god of wealth, Copia is the roman goddess of wealth and plenty.
Oh not saying that he is, old chap. Just saying he had access to a lot of silver.

DeletedUser8325

I think Ares would of been good and is probably the dev teams 2nd choice, but ares is very simliar to Athena (hes god of war, shes goddess of battle).
Definatly the right choice imo.

I wouldn't say they were similar... I think they should be to different gods. Athena, she has wisdom powers and things ares would never have. She should be more defensive, Ares more offensive.