Grepolis 2.0: New Interface

DeletedUser

Please leave your comments about the new 2.0 interface here!

Dear Players and Forum Goers,

We are proud to present our new interface that will be implemented on all 2.0 Grepolis worlds. All the changes and additions are explained in the text below.

Screenshot:

Click to increase size

Explanation:
  1. City name
    You can change your city name in the top left corner by double clicking the name that is displayed in the scroll. If you only click on the scroll once, all of the city’s the player owns will be displayed in a list. Clicking the names in this list will transport you to the city’s location on the map.
  2. "Quickbar"
    The quickbar displays all your important troop and trading activities, building queues and a few other helpful features.
    Starting from the left: The icon with the magnifying glass and the house will bring up your city overview. The two arrows toggle between the player’s cities. If you activated your premium administrator feature you will be able to use the notepad and the “overviews” feature. The notepad icon uses a pen and journal. The overviews tab is shaped like an eye surrounded by a triangle. The overviews feature provides you with helpful spreadsheets as well as military and economical overviews. The following icons are for building troops, troop activity and trade activity, which are displayed in a separate box-section. The number of activities is displayed next to the icons.
  3. Resources Warehouse availability and population
    At the top right of the screen you can see your current resources: Wood, Stone and Silver. The number represents the current available city resources. The “C” shaped bar surrounding the resources represents the warehouse availability. Note that on the screenshot, stone is 3/4 full, whereas silver and wood are only occupying one third of their potential space. The population bar, and the favour bar which are located next to the resources are also displayed in this fashion.
  4. Current God
    The top right corner of the screen displays the current god you are worshipping. Right underneath it a lightning bolt is displayed. If you click it, the spells will be shown that can be used on your city.
  5. Troop speed and unit display
    Your available troops within your active city are displayed under the god picture in an expandable menu. If you click on the troops, and select a target, you will be able to see how long it would take for your troops to arrive there. A useful tool for planning time coordinated attacks.
  6. Minimap
    The minimap is located directly under the city name scroll. It is a compact version of the map. By double clicking on the map you are able to see a larger area of the map at one glance. To zoom in again double click on the area you would like to observe. Underneath the minimap the x and the y coordinates are displayed. To go to specific coordinates, enter them in the number fields and click on the button with the lobbing arrow “jump to coordinates”. The next button shows the meaning of the colour markings, which is assigned by the alliance. The last button transports you back to your current city.
  7. Premium Features
    As you may know from previous versions the premium features are listed here. All active features are shown in colour; all inactive features are shown in grey.
  8. Sidebar Navigation
    These links should be familiar to most players, as they were in the left sidebar of the previous version. All links are self explanatory and lead to some of the key Grepolis game features and options. For example: Reports, Settings, Profile, Alliance Forum and Chat.
  9. Window Management
    The new design of Grepolis allows players to use multiple windows at once. Now players have the possibility to view the alliance forum and the city overview at once. Almost all windows can be minimized and moved. Minimized tabs are stored at the bottom left of the screen. The button marked with the “X” closes all open windows at once.
  10. Game Messages
    New game events or occurrences for example attack reports or messages will appear on the right side of the screen as small pop-up notifications. These notifications can be deleted one by one, or all at once. The notifications link to their respective reports or messages.
  11. City Radial Menu
    If you click on a city on the world map, multiple options appear for the player to use. Now you can, for example attack, spy, cast divine powers, or trade with another city with one simple click.
  12. Farming Villages
    Most islands are inhabited with farming villages. You can either attack or trade with them to gain resources. Later in the game you can conquer the farming villages. Villages that belong to you can pay tributes to you, and are marked with a green flag. Villages that do not belong to you will be marked with a red one.
  13. World Wonders
    After a few months World Wonders will be available. Special sites will be visible on all islands that can potentially build a World Wonder. If you click on a construction site, it will give you additional information about the structure.

Please note that all the Interface features may still be modified within the next few weeks.

We hope you enjoy the new Interface additions and modifications. Rest assure that 2.0 will be available in the near future.

Please leave your comments about the New Interface here!

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

DeletedUser13489

This is awesome but its not relly good for old computers

EDIT: i have an old computer and i can play but its still very slow. But on the brite side it looks awesome :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2524

My computers rather old and takes forever to load. Would it be possible to make it optional?

DeletedUser

This is the new interface for Grepolis 2.0, it will not be optional.

DeletedUser

Can more than one person own a farming village? There are far more players than farms so this is why I ask. Also, would a farming village take up a city slot?

DeletedUser5

Can more than one person own a farming village? There are far more players than farms so this is why I ask. Also, would a farming village take up a city slot?

Yes, they will be independent to each player, much like the mood of a village is at the moment. No, the farming villages will not take up a city slot.

DeletedUser

I have used it in the beta theres a glitch or two mostly with 1080P Monitors in full screen and old computers and slow connections but it is a really nice improvement. Love the new way of building.

DeletedUser11965

already use it on ebta, its easy but unable to access while using a phone cuz the thing will pop up loading and then it will stay tehre..

DeletedUser

Love the new interfaces. I have somewhat slow internet and often run all 4 worlds I play on (3 in game and the beta tester) and it isnt bad :)

DeletedUser

Much better interface and better farming, you get resources instantly.

Varun

Strategos
Excellent!!! Works lovely for me. But do need that free gold for quick growth and more reviews.... ;)

DeletedUser

I played the Beta for a while and hated it. Made keeping an eye on my troop movements close to impossible and that was on a computer I now use a netbook and am dreading its introduction.

DeletedUser

This is awesome but its not relly good for old computers

EDIT: i have an old computer and i can play but its still very slow. But on the brite side it looks awesome :D

Yes the 2.0 interface will need more resources to load, however there is also a new feature that stores some of the data on your computer. This will decrease the loading time. An option in the settings menu can be activated for players who do not want Grepolis data on their computers.