Grepolis 2.0 soon! Discussion

DeletedUser809

The announcement did state the entire island must be under the control of the alliance.

Yep, I think that's the idea. You have to have all 20 anchor points with alliance owned cities.

My question is how do you find out if an island is building this? Is it just a simple matter of spying one of the cities?

Personally, I don't think these buildings should give bonuses to every player in the alliance. As soon as one alliance has a wonder built it's going to be easy for them to lure players to them from other alliances and make it easier for them to stop everyone else from completing theirs. I think it would make more sense to get some kind of victory points that count towards some kind of end of server conditions where bp, # of polises etc. would be factored in as well.

Another question is what happens if an alliance decides to split or disband? What happens to the wonder then?

DeletedUser5

Gadzooks, I'm guessing that these will be visible on the map, so you'll be able to see that an alliance is building one quite easily.

DeletedUser2663

what would happen if you built the wonder on a small island eg the ones yoou colonise? just wondering if you will be able to that or not. would save the time of filling up like 20 spots on an island

DeletedUser5

what would happen if you built the wonder on a small island eg the ones yoou colonise? just wondering if you will be able to that or not. would save the time of filling up like 20 spots on an island

As far as I know, it will only be possible to build them on the larger 20 spot islands.

DeletedUser

Will there be a way of allowing and alliance with also an academy alliance who have players from both the main alliance and the academy on the island, construct a wonder on that island?

DeletedUser5

I very much doubt it. They have specifically said that it must be the same alliance that holds the cities on the island. Otherwise, it would put other alliances at a disadvantage if you could just have 20 academy alliances helping you.

DeletedUser

That is awesome and a very creative way of revitalizing the game

DeletedUser

I have a question regarding the New Farming System

Next week’s game feature will be: The new and improved farming system!

Is this feature going to be explained next week, or is it going to be introduced next week?

DeletedUser5

I have a question regarding the New Farming System

Is this feature going to be explained next week, or is it going to be introduced next week?

It will be explained this week.

No new features will be introduced until version 2 comes out. This date has not been confirmed yet.

DeletedUser

Not looking forward to a new farming system.
I spent ages perfecting my tactic on the current one.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
The goal is to control as many world wonders as possible.

Isn't this a war game? Not sim city... Yeah sure it will be nice to have some World wonders under an island controlled by one alliance. But you say the "goal" is to control as many world wonders... This is a war game, it should be based on war, not spending all your resources just to construct buildings that make your city pretty.

Regards
James

P.S if someone already said what I've just said... Then I apologize as I've read none of the posts except the first one. :pro:

DeletedUser634

I like the look of this- looks good. :)

However I wonder how it will handle alliance merges...

The entire island must be under control of the alliance, this means that if a town, on the island, is lost to another alliance during a world wonder construction level, both the level and all used resources will be lost. The use of favor will accelerate the building process.

So say alliance X (who has 1 ww) merges into alliance Y (who has 2 ww's). How do X ensure that in moving into Y they don't lose there ww as at some point even for only a short period of less than a day (perhaps only 5mins or seconds if they're all online) players on the island of there ww will be indifferent alliances. Just a query but definatly looking forward to hearing about the new farming system. When you've got 40+ villages farming becomes tedious...

DeletedUser

So say alliance X (who has 1 ww) merges into alliance Y (who has 2 ww's).

alliance x would never merge into alliance y...

What I would love to see in Grepo 2.0 is a new and much improved map.

DeletedUser2663

Isn't this a war game? Not sim city... Yeah sure it will be nice to have some World wonders under an island controlled by one alliance. But you say the "goal" is to control as many world wonders... This is a war game, it should be based on war, not spending all your resources just to construct buildings that make your city pretty.

Regards
James

P.S if someone already said what I've just said... Then I apologize as I've read none of the posts except the first one. :pro:

It will bring more stratagey into it. You can devote resources all into attacking for the short term or put em into wonders for the long term, If you get the wonders and say if 1 alliance gains 4/7 of them, thats a huge advantage regardless of the effects, just because that alliance would have benifits that no one else has.