Grepolis 2.0 soon! Discussion

Aicy

Strategos
Wow JNC! You figured out it's a war game! Well done! *sarcastically claps*

You are not making any argument against the world wonders, but instead stating the obvious. Even though the World Wonders are buildings they will cause a lot of action... And war.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
I was being sarcastic back...

I didn't want to make an argument in the first place, I was just stating my opinion on the matter, it's what I thought, everyone has there own opinion.

Aicy

Strategos
Never said anyone didn't. :p

I'm all for debates my friend, not arguments. (Although it is always fun to throw insults around)

You say that having World Wonders is just a Simcity thing... And although it may look nice and goes along with the theme of Simcity or whatever it is fundamentally a new addition to spice up the game. It's like the academy... It looks nice, increases your points and encourages Simcitying but without it you wouldn't be able to conquer anyone... Or even get any offensive troops.

Aicy

Strategos
It was just an example. World Wonders probably don't let you research slingers either. :p

I was just trying to say that although it may appear it's just a Simcity thing... It's not.

DeletedUser

i have one question. if an alliance builds the pyramids on a island they occupy and a player decided to leave the alliance (just outta spite) would the alliance have time to conquer that land before their wonder is destroyed or is it automatically destroyed?

and here is my own opinion on wat the wonders might bring. pyramids are made of rock so id think that it would elevate rock production. the gardens would elevate wood production. statue of zeus temple of artmeis might elevate favor production. light house speed up fleet movement.

thats all ive got. the other 3 are "iffy". mausoleum may raise defense against sea attacks. the statue of zeus may hold a cease fire or something where the alliance is protected for a couple days (known for olympic games where a "Sacred truce was declared during the games and wars were stopped") colossus of rhodes i have no clue.

watever the perks may be, im really looking forward to the way they will be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Did i just read more MRA wil come together with this wonder? :heh::heh::heh:

I'll just echo what duo had said, this wonders should not be build on resources alone, maybe put an alliance on a certain mission, like robbing those stones from the enemy to make the great wall and so on and so forth... Since this is an alliance effort, put the alliance in a certain quest to build a certain wonders...

D

DeletedUser

Did i just read more MRA wil come together with this wonder? :heh::heh::heh:
Don't think so. It is said that the island needs to be controlled by a single alliance. So MRAs will have no chance in this.

DeletedUser

i have one question. if an alliance builds the pyramids on a island they occupy and a player decided to leave the alliance (just outta spite) would the alliance have time to conquer that land before their wonder is destroyed or is it automatically destroyed?

and here is my own opinion on wat the wonders might bring. pyramids are made of rock so id think that it would elevate rock production. the gardens would elevate wood production. statue of zeus temple of artmeis might elevate favor production. light house speed up fleet movement.

thats all ive got. the other 3 are "iffy". mausoleum may raise defense against sea attacks. the statue of zeus may hold a cease fire or something where the alliance is protected for a couple days (known for olympic games where a "Sacred truce was declared during the games and wars were stopped") colossus of rhodes i have no clue.

watever the perks may be, im really looking forward to the way they will be useful.

the light house of alexandria could make your fleets impervious to sea storm.

DeletedUser

All perks are welcome but maybe chalna's idea for the lighthouse is a little too good

DeletedUser

What happens when an alliance that is located on the edge of a world decides to build the wonder right there?

Imagine an alliance with +20.000.000 points that controls 3 oceans at the edge of a world and builds the wonder on the last inhabitant island right on the edge of the world.

What are the chances for an alliance on the other side of the world to destroy the one already existing and complete hers? None.
How possible is for a neighbouring alliance to pass through a couple of oceans and reach the wonder? Slim.

The only thing others can do is to wait for the alliance to disband (if this destroys the wonder).

It will be fun until all wonders are built and then it will be a boring wait for alliances to dispand.

DeletedUser

Colossus of Rhodes can increase Land unit attack power, right?

DeletedUser

Nobody, except the developers know what benefits any of the Wonders will bestow.

DeletedUser

My questions are:

Using the 'big' map of Grepolis will all players be able to see where the wonders are?
How will we be able to see which alliance and on which city the wonders are on?

DeletedUser

Everyone will be able to see where the Wonders are. You will know which alliance is building the Wonder by just clicking on any city on the island, as they will own the entire island. The Wonder does not belong to any one city, it is made by all of them.

DeletedUser

So you share the wonder then. So lazy good for nothing players who did no work for the wonders get benifits. How nice.

DeletedUser

Isn't this a war game? Not sim city... Yeah sure it will be nice to have some World wonders under an island controlled by one alliance. But you say the "goal" is to control as many world wonders... This is a war game, it should be based on war, not spending all your resources just to construct buildings that make your city pretty.

Regards
James

P.S if someone already said what I've just said... Then I apologize as I've read none of the posts except the first one. :pro:
I agree with J.n.c 93, this is a war game, not sim city. If you want to make your city look pretty, draw a picture. The wonders should have a MILITARY ADVANTAGE. Such as, light house, better navigation, colleseum, more culture, etc. etc.

PS: if someone has already wrote this, sorry.

DeletedUser2663

I agree with J.n.c 93, this is a war game, not sim city. If you want to make your city look pretty, draw a picture. The wonders should have a MILITARY ADVANTAGE. Such as, light house, better navigation, colleseum, more culture, etc. etc.

PS: if someone has already wrote this, sorry.

Im pretty sure they will, (even though we know nothing about it yet), if they have no military advantage then no one will build em (or at least the serious alliances wont)