Grepolis 2.0 soon! Discussion

DeletedUser

C'mon ... can you give at least a small hint what will they do? I think it doesn't matter how they look like if ppl have no idea why should we build them.

DeletedUser

That's it. You will prepare to build them before you learn what they do.
Afterwards you'll find that they do nothing :p

DeletedUser

In order to keep the competition and conflict up over wonders they should add a small feature.

That after completing one wonder, the next one costs significantly more than the first they control, and the third more so, etc.

Otherwise in world that are dominated by a very large single alliance, they will just end up with all the Wonders and no one will be able to get them from them.

If you ensured that it would be difficult to build/control more than one, it would increase the conflict over them.

DeletedUser

They can't realy change it now. And realy if one alience dominates then that leaves one slightly weaker one trying to grab one before the rest.

DeletedUser

Cool we can own the great Pyramid of giza like the Egyptians:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Reading through the announcement and comments, I think this is what's going to happen:

1. Every single city [inc anchor points] must be colonised by one alliance

2. The Wonders wont be visible as markers on the maps. Instead, when you spy someone, you'll be able to see if and what wonder they have [based on the fact that everyone in the alliance will benefit from the Wonder/s]. Or, Will the Wonders be "visible" on the island, the same way farms are [within the Grepolis game]?

3. Logic says - if an alliance must control a complete island, then one needs to only look at the [external Grepolis] maps and see which islands are controlled by a single alliance. A good hint lol

4. Nowhere in their announcement does it say that if you lose control of the island, you lose the wonder. Personally, I think if an alliance loses control of the island, then they lose the benefits derived from that wonder - but it still remains there. The question I have though, is how will the other alliances know that no one has that wonder any more. Will it be shaded out when not available, and highlighted when available? My feeling is that the Wonders will be incorporated into the Academy section.

On the farms issue.

If you have to station troops in the farms, what happens if someone in your alliance decides to literally farm the farm?

Do you soldiers get killed?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13436

The advantage of building World Wonders:- You find out what they do!

DeletedUser3074

What happens when an alliance that is located on the edge of a world decides to build the wonder right there?

The only thing others can do is to wait for the alliance to disband (if this destroys the wonder).

It will be fun until all wonders are built and then it will be a boring wait for alliances to dispand.

yes, this will happen
what if it is a one person alliance, then the disband won't happen

DeletedUser

4. Nowhere in their announcement does it say that if you lose control of the island, you lose the wonder.

Says in the first post, under spoiler

Gordopolis said:
The entire island must be under control of the alliance, this means that if a town, on the island, is lost to another alliance during a world wonder construction level, both the level and all used resources will be lost.

DeletedUser

RE: Wonders

I think there should be a time laps for deconstruction of wonder if loss of control of island happens. Say every 6hrs 25% deconstruction happens of that level.... Which if you all read before every alliance can build it all the way to last level but last level would not be completed due to only 1 possible alliance can own the wonder. So after the initial 6hrs its possible that another alliance can finish building thier if it was in queue or a queue happens. Now the problem with having in it in queue - you could in essence have 10 alliances in queue and how can the game decide who gets it?? Now if the last level is not in queue then it becomes a race. Just bouncing somethings here.

DeletedUser11965

10 bucks say Lighthouse of Alexandria got something to do with the naval

DeletedUser

Wonderful

Sorry, no pun intended ;) This sounds cool, I'm looking forward to Grepolis 2, some creative thinking being shown. Things are being expanded to a very pleasant and interesting range with plenty of options to experiment with. Looks like fun.

DeletedUser

No one knows for sure when it will be released other than the developers, and they are not telling yet. It is not yet on the German servers.

DeletedUser

Thanks

Thanks anyway guys I will keep an eye out and wait till it is announced:)