Grepolis 2.0: The Phoenician Trader

DeletedUser

Please leave your comments about the new Phoenician Trader feature here!

Hello Players and Forum Goers,

During our last 2.0 feature introduction we previewed the new god Hades. Instead of using divine powers, the new feature will use economic abilities. Today we will introduce the Phoenician Trader.

The Phoenician trader can visit every city which has built both the harbor and the marketplace. However he cannot visit the same city twice in a row. During his visits the player will be able to trade 2 resources for a third different resource (for example: wood + clay for silver). The player may only trade in one catagory and will have to choose. The conversion rate of the Phoenician trader is 1:1.5 (1:2 with the merchant’s shop). The available amount of resources is dependent on the docks and marketplace building levels, plus a random variable.

The trader will also provide 3 random units that will be available to the player in exchange for silver. Even mystical units may become available (rare), but the city must have a temple, and be worshipping the correct god.

The Phoenician trader will visit your city for a certain amount of hours when you login. Then he will leave to do more business elsewhere. You will be able to decrease the duration between Phoenician visits with the use of gold (20). To receive resources or troops your city must have the available warehouse space or population. Further Phoenician details will be revealed in the future.

The complete Grepolis 2.0 patch will be implemented into the game, approximately, at the end of January.

Our next topic will talk about the new 2.0 update Islands.

We hope you enjoyed this feature, more will be posted soon!

Sincerely,

The Grepolis Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmm... just a question, has any alliance already colonized/conquered a full island as a preparation for the Wonder?

DeletedUser

Several alliances have already conquered a full island i know killer bunnies already have one so i presume some others have done so already aswell.

With the mystical units is there only 3 types or does it vary per player

DeletedUser

Please stay on topic or your comments will be removed. Thank you

DeletedUser2663

This seems very good indeed, i look forward to how it will work in game. At this stage i can see some uses but only time will tell the full effectiveness of tis new feature.

DeletedUser10850

Phoenician. Big word. Don't know what it means so I'm gonna take a stab at it. I know the title says Phoenician Trader but is this guy like a traveling salesman?

DeletedUser12212

?????

To be honest, I don't really understand this.

Here's what I think it means:

Let's say I had 5,000 of each resource. When the trader comes, I can give, lets say 1000 wood and 1000 silver in exchange for 1600 rock (without merchant's shop). Is this right or wrong???????

DeletedUser

Is the mention of clay as a resource a mistake or something new? Ooooh.

DeletedUser

Phoenician. Big word. Don't know what it means so I'm gonna take a stab at it. I know the title says Phoenician Trader but is this guy like a traveling salesman?

Phoenician is a resident of the ancient civilization, Phoenicia. The whole "Phoenician Trader" aspect comes from the fact that the Phoenicians were very well known and developed traders throughout the Mediterranean, exchanging wares by sea vessels.

DeletedUser

Um no they didnt they just stated one of the new features that will be implemented

The complete Grepolis 2.0 patch will be implemented into the game, approximately, at the end of January.

Errmmm, yes they did.

Anyways, I think this will be a cool implementation into the game. Grepolis 2.0 looks amazing so far!

DeletedUser

The whole trader thing is nice, but what I am really excited about in this announcement is that the Grepolis patch will come out in a month!

DeletedUser6635

They stated approximately not that it would be coming out at a specific date much can change in that period still needs to finish testing and such

DeletedUser

End of january... %$$£%$&*&^%R$^^R&%%^%^%&R^&%^$%&

I have EXAMS then NOOOOOO!

DeletedUser

They stated approximately not that it would be coming out at a specific date much can change in that period still needs to finish testing and such

I know. I said in a month, give or take a few days. I am sure features will be implemented before then, but the WHOLE thing should finish in around a month. I am no noob to the difficulties of codeing and implementing a update this huge.