Grepolis 2.0: The Phoenician Trader

DeletedUser

The trader is nice if not a big change. Great to finally hear an approximate release date!

DeletedUser

To be honest, I don't really understand this.

Here's what I think it means:

Let's say I had 5,000 of each resource. When the trader comes, I can give, lets say 1000 wood and 1000 silver in exchange for 1600 rock (without merchant's shop). Is this right or wrong???????

wrong.. your trading for silver I believe he said.. and you can trade 1 for 1 not 2 for 1..

so if you had 5000 wood and your harbor and such is high enough you can trade 5000 wood for 7500 silver... and a couple random troops or 10000 silver if you have merchants shop.

Personally I really dislike random troops.. especially if you have a nuke city. This to me adds a benifit (added resource trades like a village) and a detriment (random unit) though it being mythical is nice.. but no telling how rare it is to get one.. he just said rare..

DeletedUser

An interesting twist... and historically accurate, seeing that the Phoenicians were the naval trading power of the Ancient World.

A bit of history for anyone who doesn't know their history or wants to brush up on the matter (and yes, I wrote this with only referencing wikipedia for the dates):

The Phoenician civilization was centered in the Eastern Mediterranean (several hundred miles north-north-west of Jerusalem, but in the same general 'corner' of the sea) from somewhere around 1200 BCE to around 500 BCE. Their main cultural aspect was naval trade and colonization, exemplified in the settlement and extensive growth of the Carthaginian Empire (Carthage, the enemy of Rome during the three Punic Wars) by Princess Dido. Throughout their existence, the Phoenicians were much like the Greeks- many provinces, modest countries, and colonies tied together in one big group. However, unlike the Greeks, their colonies were centered around central and western north Africa (Tunisia and such) and the bottom of the Iberian Peninsula (Spain), while the Greeks were content with settling on islands,the southern Italian coast, and western Anatolia (Turkey).

DeletedUser

Please read the first post in this thread, it will answer your question. Make sure you click on the spoiler button. It is generally advisable to read a thread before posting in it.

DeletedUser

Trader

Hey, you change wich resources with him in the game?

:supermad::supermad::heh::pro::pro::pro::pro::D

DeletedUser

The resources you can trade with the Phoenician will vary each time he visits your harbour.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah I really can´t see the use off this..
Trading with the Phoenician Trader is less efficient then with farming villages. Also the price of troops are much higher then just recruit them. Okay if he early game comes with a manticore, I will buy him.
As as far I know just regular `demand` resources at the farming villages and loot every day ones (before going to sleep to maximize the resources).

This is my first v2.0-server so maybe late game it is very useful when the time is a bigger problem then resources. For now I think it's nice but not useful

DeletedUser

to correct you, the resource trade ratios are MORE efficient.

DeletedUser

Umm the ratio with Farming Villages 1:1,25 (you give them 1000 and you receive 1250)
With the Phoenician Trader the ratio is: 1:0,67 (you give 1000 and you receive 670)

Therefore it is far more efficient to trade with farming villages then with the Phoenician Trader. Or do I miss the point now completely?

DeletedUser

Ow...Then I've missed the point completely :p A bit strange Grepolis calls it 0.67 in stat of 1.5, But yeah thats me a guess :p

DeletedUser

actually the farming villages ratio is displayed weird. in the market its the same way as the phoenician merchant. ;)

DeletedUser2795

Yeah, the way the FV ratios are displayed are inverse of what they would be in the market or with the trader.