Grepolis 2.0 World Rho+Sigma discussion thread

DeletedUser

Ya everything looks great...except the alliance cap is set waaay too low:/

DeletedUser

Village Bug

Is this a bug? This happened several hours ago and the village is still broken.

Farming village goes into revolt.

There are 5 units there. 1 slinger 3 archers 1 hoplite.

I attack with 10 swordsmen

I get report that all 10 swordsmen have died and all units in farm too.

bugru.png

The village is still in revolt and when I click on it all I get is this:

bug1u.png

I cant attack it again or do anything, I just get a white screen. It dosnt freeze and I can close it fine. But the village is still in revolt and I can no longer attack it.

This was a bug and the issue is resolved now

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is this a bug? This happened several hours ago and the village is still broken.

Farming village goes into revolt.

There are 5 units there. 1 slinger 3 archers 1 hoplite.

I attack with 10 swordsmen

I get report that all 10 swordsmen have died and all units in farm too.

bugru.png

The village is still in revolt and when I click on it all I get is this:

bug1u.png

I cant attack it again or do anything, I just get a white screen. It dosnt freeze and I can close it fine. But the village is still in revolt and I can no longer attack it.

Report this in the bug section or check if it hasn't already been reported :p

DeletedUser

I have a question!

I yesterday clicked accidently server RHO but i wana play SIGMA. It's nothing so bad? I don't get ban if in my list will be server's PI,SIGMA, and inactive RHO?

You will not be able to join Sigma if you have a Rho account. Please delete your Rho account if you want to play on Sigma. However deleting your account takes approximately a week; you will only be able to play Sigma in a week.

DeletedUser

Is it legal to play on both if you have 2 accounts?
Can I get an answer on this?

Though it is not forbidden it defeats the purpose of our setup. I would advise to not make a second account, as most players will not seriously play a world on their sub-account, and waste space.

DeletedUser17045

Looking Good.

Hi Gordo and the Grepo Team!

You want players feedback. I shall give you my feedback.

So far, 2.0 worlds are going okay. The bugs in Rho are unknown in Sigma. I know this becuase of the forums and it shows that you and your team have clearly fixed most of them.

I play Sigma and the settings are really good. 88 is a good cap for the alliance. Not many MRAs in Sigma, HOPEFULLY!

The graphics is beautiful. I mean, when I heard that Grepolis was getting plastic surgery, I at first, was quite skeptical. BUT NOW, boy oh boy, you and your programmers etc, have done a splendid job. Be proud Gordo!

Last but not least, the layout. The layout is very good. I mean, even 8 year olds can play this game and understand the layout and where everything is etc. You guys have certainly made it easier to navigate around. It's much faster too.

Overally, the 2.0 worlds are going good so far.

I'm going to be excited for the 3.0 worlds ;) ;) Wonder what you and the team will produce then! Hahaha. Jokes aside now, it is very good. Well done to you and the team.

-CheezeHead.

Thank you! :)

DeletedUser17045

Can I get an answer on this?

Nope. I don't think it is. I think they did it like this so that everyone can get a go on using the 2.0 worlds. I mean, it's only fair and they did change the settings for both worlds so that players could favor one better than the other. Of course, everyone will have their differences. That's why I think they did it. And not to forget the amount of people that will actually play 2.0 worlds. They don't want their servers to crash by any means!

-CheezeHead.

DeletedUser

My alliance forum in Sigma isn't working and I can't look at any other page in the agora besides the defense. Otherwise, Sigma is great!

Sounds like an old browser. Please update your browser version. If that doesn't work please send us a ticket via the support: http://support.innogames.de/login?game=grepo&lang=en

DeletedUser

Press F11

Yeah, this hides the browser and gives you a true fullscreen. Thank you aaxc :)

DeletedUser15240

I will give feed back, sorry if it is a bit negative but my opinion.

I like the graphics, however, I find the interface a little irritating, all those windows!

My other critism, and this is a big one is the farming system. I am sorry but it is horrible. You need to spend most of your time clicking, and it will be horrible later on in the game. I know as a fact a lot of people agree on this.

Apart from that the rest of 2.0 is cool, nice work guys

DeletedUser

My opinion has not changed from my previous thoughts:

Comments done in similar format as first post on that thread, done in general for each. (All comments based on when i tested it before it was reset) I'll rate each section, then give an overall view.

New Interface

I don't like the new interface too much because it is quite slow when opening new windows. It would help if you could resize the windows to fit more in the space on the screen otherwise you will have 10 windows open and only be able to see 2 at once (even though that is more than you get now). When i tested it out I kept on forgetting to close some windows which got annoying every time i wanted to look at the map. As for the map backround, I don't think this allows much. Imo i think this is something that would slow it Grepolis down quite a bit.
I like the notification system for reports, so that's one positive so far, and you can see them as they come through. Scrolling system was ok, but i couldn't manage to push the page down or page up button to scroll up or down when i tested it.

4.5/10

The Phoenician Trader

This hasn't made much of an good impression on me, only saw it a few times in the time i was playing. Didn't provide much use, but since i play more on other worlds i think it would be more useful.

6/10

World Wonders

This is a good aspect for making alliances war with each other to try to sabotage the building of them. Not sure how the hero worlds and end game will work with regards to the old worlds. But if it does get introduced to 'old' worlds then it will make players chose between playing on the hero world or on their current world. Which will make them less active on one world or the other and each world will crumble because some will want to stay on their original worlds and others go into the hero worlds.
We need to do as much as we can to keep players active on their main worlds, I am seeing many worlds already suffering from massive inactivity. So making them chose and split the active players to 2 worlds will half the active players on each world.

5.5/10

New God - Hades

A good addition to the update. Love the myth units and divine powers.

7/10

Farming Village System

The best addition to Grepolis by far. So easy to farm now, and will help rebuild quicker with getting more resources.

9/10

Premium features

No comment, as i don't use premium.

-/10

World Map

The new city menu is ok, shouldn't take too long to get used to. The full screen view doesn't add any benefits for me, but might for others. The new island types are adding diversity to the game, which is always good. Doesn't make any difference playing wise.
I like the white ring, but you could also introduce the change in flag colour as well, I always liked that.

5/10

Settings

Setting it to a maximum of "x" number of windows open sounds good, might help speed the game up a bit. If the local data storage makes considerable difference to speed then I'm for it (haven't tried it personally). The building in city overview doesn't provide any benefits for me as i will still use the senate as issuing building orders.

6/10

Miscellaneous

Academy research changes won't affect many people, as far as i know people don't use the demand troops, but the 10% quicker spy helps get spy reports quicker. I love the new graphics. Has a more spacious feel with it being lighter in colour and slightly bigger area in the city overview. Haven't tried the new tutorials, and no one would use IE for Grepolis.

8/10

Overall

I don't really like the new update as a whole, from when i tested it on the beta server before it was reset. It was too slow which will affect my timing hugely. As for the end game and Hero worlds, i suggest leaving them for the some new worlds. Or maybe even have the whole 2.0 update introduced to some worlds and leave a few ones that come out as the "older" version of Grepolis. A few changes are going to be made for me to like it as the current version.

:pro:Overall rating: 6.4/10 (Not great):pro:

Sorry if i repeated anything or made any spelling mistakes.
And of course I'm sorry for the essay length :p
I really do not want this to come to the 'old' worlds, it is way too slow and there is a few aspects i really do not like.

DeletedUser

My opinion has not changed from my previous thoughts:

Comments done in similar format as first post on that thread, done in general for each. (All comments based on when i tested it before it was reset) I'll rate each section, then give an overall view.

New Interface

I don't like the new interface too much because it is quite slow when opening new windows. It would help if you could resize the windows to fit more in the space on the screen otherwise you will have 10 windows open and only be able to see 2 at once (even though that is more than you get now). When i tested it out I kept on forgetting to close some windows which got annoying every time i wanted to look at the map. As for the map backround, I don't think this allows much. Imo i think this is something that would slow it Grepolis down quite a bit.
I like the notification system for reports, so that's one positive so far, and you can see them as they come through. Scrolling system was ok, but i couldn't manage to push the page down or page up button to scroll up or down when i tested it.

4.5/10

The Phoenician Trader

This hasn't made much of an good impression on me, only saw it a few times in the time i was playing. Didn't provide much use, but since i play more on other worlds i think it would be more useful.

6/10

World Wonders

This is a good aspect for making alliances war with each other to try to sabotage the building of them. Not sure how the hero worlds and end game will work with regards to the old worlds. But if it does get introduced to 'old' worlds then it will make players chose between playing on the hero world or on their current world. Which will make them less active on one world or the other and each world will crumble because some will want to stay on their original worlds and others go into the hero worlds.
We need to do as much as we can to keep players active on their main worlds, I am seeing many worlds already suffering from massive inactivity. So making them chose and split the active players to 2 worlds will half the active players on each world.

5.5/10

New God - Hades

A good addition to the update. Love the myth units and divine powers.

7/10

Farming Village System

The best addition to Grepolis by far. So easy to farm now, and will help rebuild quicker with getting more resources.

9/10

Premium features

No comment, as i don't use premium.

-/10

World Map

The new city menu is ok, shouldn't take too long to get used to. The full screen view doesn't add any benefits for me, but might for others. The new island types are adding diversity to the game, which is always good. Doesn't make any difference playing wise.
I like the white ring, but you could also introduce the change in flag colour as well, I always liked that.

5/10

Settings

Setting it to a maximum of "x" number of windows open sounds good, might help speed the game up a bit. If the local data storage makes considerable difference to speed then I'm for it (haven't tried it personally). The building in city overview doesn't provide any benefits for me as i will still use the senate as issuing building orders.

6/10

Miscellaneous

Academy research changes won't affect many people, as far as i know people don't use the demand troops, but the 10% quicker spy helps get spy reports quicker. I love the new graphics. Has a more spacious feel with it being lighter in colour and slightly bigger area in the city overview. Haven't tried the new tutorials, and no one would use IE for Grepolis.

8/10

Overall

I don't really like the new update as a whole, from when i tested it on the beta server before it was reset. It was too slow which will affect my timing hugely. As for the end game and Hero worlds, i suggest leaving them for the some new worlds. Or maybe even have the whole 2.0 update introduced to some worlds and leave a few ones that come out as the "older" version of Grepolis. A few changes are going to be made for me to like it as the current version.

:pro:Overall rating: 6.4/10 (Not great):pro:

Sorry if i repeated anything or made any spelling mistakes.
And of course I'm sorry for the essay length :p
I really do not want this to come to the 'old' worlds, it is way too slow and there is a few aspects i really do not like.

If you do have a slow computer, use the following settings to speed it up:
  • Uncheck Building Notifications
  • Set windows to 1
  • Make sure temporary saving is active
  • 8 steps directional arrow
  • Check hide the progress bar of villages

Check to see if that fixes the lag.

DeletedUser

Already did the above and it is still slow compared to the current version.

DeletedUser

So far, I like most of the new features, but one thing that really annoys me is the alliance forum tabs. You should make it so another row appears, and then the arrows. And totally remove the feature where the text turns into "..." when there isn't enough room for it: just add another row, or make the arrows appear.

Someone else suggested this, but I will say it again:
I think that the default times for farming should be 10, 40, 240, and 600 minutes, and that Booty should increase the amount of resources gained by 30%.

Also, it says that on level 5 farm I get 144.36 of each resource, but the popup says that I get 144 of each resource, and a total of 433 resources: 144 x3 does not equal 433 (nor does 144.36 x3). I'm pretty sure that this is a bug...

DeletedUser

before 5 days i got same problem. i let someone else to log in on my acount and after that i change pasvord and all work great

DeletedUser

love 2.0 and the farming system since i don't have an academy and i have 17 hopletes because of demand

DeletedUser

"I like the graphics, however, I find the interface a little irritating, all those windows!"

I agree with the windows part it is very irritating can you change just that one thing back to the old one. Other than that i think it is great

DeletedUser

Also the city overview is a little to bright sorry about all the negative replys