Discussion Grepolis: 2009-now

DeletedUser31385

I have seen many changes over the years. I joined Grepolis in 2011 and remember when people were not all about winning and backstabbing people just to do so. Less things to be abused was a nice thing. Now these people can pay to win. People who were able to win struggle now. Does anyone else here remember anything from an earlier time that significantly changed gameplay?

Last edited:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Ages ago people used to actively try to join and disband alliance for fun. Can't remember who did it first but it was funny and unexpected and made for a good PnP. Then everyone started doing it constantly and it just became annoying seeing all the posts like "look who I disbanded hurr durr". It still happens now but it is far less rampant.I just assume founders have gotten smarter on whole.

DeletedUser31385

Most alliances have a spy in them these days. I remember when this tactic was less common.

DeletedUser40768

Most alliances have a spy in them these days. I remember when this tactic was less common.

Spying was heavily frowned upon in my first world, but those were also times where people didn't have the win at all costs mentality. Alliances when I started had a very strong respect towards each other, regardless of whether they were enemies or not. There was no real trash talking and everyone was friendly with each other and helping each other learn how to get better in the game. This was on the US server though, I have no idea how it was here :D

DeletedUser31385

I dealt with a spy. I don't even remember his name anymore. Well, that was four years ago anyways. Spying was frowned upon in most servers.

DeletedUser52860

As a relative noob (been playing for approx. 4 years now) lots has changed for me.

I know diplomacy has always been essential to get your alliance to world wonders but using Dimale as an example all of the top alliances in a NAP or pact is ridiculous. The back stabbing is going to be immense once all of the smaller alliances have been ground out of the game with spam attacks and they all actually have to start fighting each other.

Grepolis has certainly lost a bit of what the game was always about for me but that's progress for you I suppose?