Grepolis abbreviations needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

We want to improve the abbreviations page on the Grepolis Wiki, however, I'm sure I do not know all the abbreviations myself, so if you fine people could suggest the ones you use most often then we will select the best to be published on the page.

This should help to solve those awkward moments when someone says something, but you don't ask what it means for fear of looking like a newbie. So if you want to see your favourite abbreviations on the wiki, then just post them here.

Many thanks guys :)

DeletedUser

LMAO-Laughing my a$$ off. Not sure if this is allowed. *Looks around for Ryan*

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We're specifically looking for the Grepolis abbreviations (e.g. LS for Light Ships) since the internet jargon section has the potential to be limitless. That said, if you do think there is something that is blindingly missing from the general abbreviations you can put that here too.

DeletedUser

lol: laugh ou loud

i believe the man said grepolis specific abbreviations....

turtle

CS - colony ship

MRA - mass recruiting alliance

farm - city you attack for resources (not to be confused with farming villages)

cant think of anything else right now, ill get more later.

DeletedUser

dodge: to remove troops from a certain city so they dont get there tails handed to dem

point whore: someone with a large number of points but few troops

DeletedUser

N.A.P. ~ Non Agression Pact
cat/cats ~ catapult/catapults
sword/swords ~ swordsman/swordsmen
hop/hops ~ Hoplite/Hoplites

Forums Terms
+rep ~ To add reputation, or added reputation, positive reputation
-rep ~ To substract reputation, or substracted reputation, negative reputation

I hope this helps.

DeletedUser

FS - Farm space

Ceasefire - an intermediary period between war and peace also known as a cooldown zone where operations can be completed, but no new ones may start.

MAP - A none binding alliance pact that specifies a specific enemy and dissolves after that enemy is defeated.

MPP - An alliance that is none binding in offence and doesn't require declarations on their enemies unless war is declared on them. Such alliances can often be seen as academy or sweeper alliances.

Sweeper Alliance - An alliance bound under the protection of a larger alliance for a specific purpose, normally as a preliminary force, though can be used in reserve.

Hidden alliance - An ally that shows no relation whatsoever to its allies, these are small and tend to avoid war. They gain the right to occupy space without fear of attacks in return for defence support to the alliance employing them.

Mercenaries - An alliance/player that works on paid contracts, and work for the highest bidder.

DeletedUser

Wall Spy: To check your Wall before a battle, where the units you have killed are listed, and to check after the battle (if none of your troops survived), to see how many more troops you killed.

DeletedUser

This is some good stuff, keep it coming.

MAP - A none binding alliance pact that specifies a specific enemy and dissolves after that enemy is defeated.

MPP - An alliance that is none binding in offence and doesn't require declarations on their enemies unless war is declared on them. Such alliances can often be seen as academy or sweeper alliances.
What do MAP and MPP stand for? What's the difference between MPP and NAP? Tbh, I've never seen any of those befroe :p

DeletedUser

NAP is completely different as it is completely none binding, and often used as a postponement of possible hostility, or the other way round if it has just preceded a ceasefire.

MPP is binding in terms of if the alliance you have the deal with is declared on.

Both MPP and MAP are under the heading Alliance rather than NAP, but have less ties allowing for more flexible political moves.

MAP - Military Agression Pact
MPP - Mutual Protection Pact (this is closer to the standard model of an Alliance, though a tight alliance should not just involve an MPP)

I have seen other alliances (UAE(beta)/Semper Failure (gamma)) offering smaller alliances Tythe deals, effectively binding them. This would class as an MPP rather than an alliance, as it is effectively forced.

Aicy

Strategos
fires - Fire ships
BP - Beginners protection (Can't believe this hasn't been said)
BP - Battle points (This too... Say something about you should be able to understand whether they mean Battle points or the other from the context)
BPA - Battle points in attack
BPD - Battle points in defence

I'll put some more on here later...

DeletedUser

BP - Beginners protection (Can't believe this hasn't been said)
BP - Battle points (This too... Say something about you should be able to understand whether they mean Battle points or the other from the context)

*insert faceplam pic here*

DeletedUser

I dunno. Maybe BP is already in the wiki.

Anyway, Kadjyuni, here's the pic you asked for: :p
KittysaysFAIL.jpg

DeletedUser

*whisper**she goes physco like that sometimes**dont go near her right now*

spells: what all the noobs call divine powers.

rimmed: conquered

bolted: when your city is hit by zeuses lighting bolt

bolter: someone who bolts alot

Status
Not open for further replies.