Grepolis Advertising

Mole man 420

Phrourach
I miss the old days of spawning into a new world a few weeks in and winding up somewhere beyond the four main oceans, like ocean 36 or something. Inno has enough money to keep updating this game, adding new features / gods and keeping up with changes / change logs etc etc.... but doesn't run advertising anymore? ( As far as I know of)

Call me crazy, but I think the best idea would be getting a fresh huge wave of as many new players as possible! Make it way more competitive and exciting again.

Mole man 420

Phrourach
As a foot note - Doing a complete overhaul on the mobile app might help as well. Not sure how that could be implemented and put out, but I'm sure there's someone more clever than I that could figure that one out.

It would help bring in new players, and keep them on board. I think a part of the reason we don't get as many new people is that this game was created somewhat before the mobile gaming age boomed. Let's keep up with the times, throw some time, effort, and resources into that avenue, along with advertising, and these worlds could stretch beyond the four core oceans within days again!

DeletedUser54192

I miss the old days of spawning into a new world a few weeks in and winding up somewhere beyond the four main oceans, like ocean 36 or something. Inno has enough money to keep updating this game, adding new features / gods and keeping up with changes / change logs etc etc.... but doesn't run advertising anymore? ( As far as I know of)

Call me crazy, but I think the best idea would be getting a fresh huge wave of as many new players as possible! Make it way more competitive and exciting again.
It's a nice idea, and fresh blood could be good for the game. However, from what I've heard, Grepolis isn't one of InnoGames' big earners, which probably explains why it gets sidelined in advertising. (I still encounter a considerable amount of advertising for Forge of Empires, also owned by InnoGames, which seems to earn more money.) Although I do agree with the argument that a little spent on advertising would hopefully be earned back by an influx of new players, some of whom are likely to spend a reasonable amount.

DeletedUser41523

I like that they’ve taken the time and effort to improve the game first tbh. Now that there’s 3 end games, 2 conquest types, no LMDs, added value to founding cities as the game progresses, constant efforts to keep the external forums alive, and a rule about spam I would say that yeah it’s honestly time to improve advertising.

Aside from my own personal nostalgia of playing on bigger maps and feeling like I accomplished something for having decent stats or a top 12 alliance. The game is going to dwindle down to a competitive alliance or two on each conquest system within a year or two if there isn’t an influx of players from advertising.

JellyBelly

Hoplite
The game is going to dwindle down to a competitive alliance or two on each conquest system within a year or two if there isn’t an influx of players from advertising.

Nothing against gold users but could big gold using effect the lack of interest in dropping in a new world knowing the same 2 or 3 Alliances will end up winning ?

DeletedUser41523

Nothing against gold users but could big gold using effect the lack of interest in dropping in a new world knowing the same 2 or 3 Alliances will end up winning ?

I don't really view heavy gold usage as the reason for that. Fact is that heavy gold usage on its own merit generally won't save a team and every player can earn gold for free. I'd say the main issues are the following.

1) Its an eleven year old game.

2) Until recently it hadn't really addressed its issues or appear to be looking to stand out compared to other games that have come into this market since 2010. Which probably signaled to a lot of players that they're going to milk the game and close it down when its done.

3) There's no investment in advertising. Personally I joined this game eleven years ago from an online advertisement. A gaming community is a lot like a college party I think. The best ones generally have a lot of people in them. Nobody goes to the one that they don't know about and nobody wants to stay at the party with six guys standing around a lukewarm keg.

Advertising to the right market is a great idea for the game.
However, more important is that they should merge all the different country servers into a single one. Separate servers for a larger player base made sense when this game was at its peak, however, the number of players has shrunk considerably.
It will create more competition, and would probably save on costs for the game developers.

Thooury

Hekatontarch
Advertising to the right market is a great idea for the game.
However, more important is that they should merge all the different country servers into a single one. Separate servers for a larger player base made sense when this game was at its peak, however, the number of players has shrunk considerably.
It will create more competition, and would probably save on costs for the game developers.

other servers (usually) have night mode. as far as I know international server is only one to not have that.