Grepolis and European Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey everybody,

isn't Grepolis bound to the European Law?
Like the Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data ?
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=CELEX:31995L0046:en:HTML

I requested my data, and after many days of waiting I just got a premium log and a log of my logins in Forum and ingame (which were both incomplete).

Is this all data you store? I requested a full list of data, like ingame actions and support tickets and asked questions according to the data and Directive 95/46/EC. Neither the questions were answered nor the data sent.

Is this Innogames' way to act in accordance with the law?

DeletedUser4013

EU Directives are only applicable to Member States, not to individuals. The Directive that you refer to only carries with it 'vertical effect' - the legal concept that an aspect of EU law can only be enforced against a Member State and an individual, not between individuals.

As InnoGames is an individual under the law as a legal entity, the Directive does not apply to it. The only companies which it could ever apply to are those which are emanations of the state, or nationalized companies which perform a public service such as electricity or healthcare.

However, should you wish to enquire as to what personal data InnoGames holds regarding your account, you may contact them at: privacy@innogames.de
You can also find out more regarding the data protection policy of InnoGames through this link: Grepolis Data Protection Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.