Grepolis App for iOS and Android Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

probably because android stuff is cheaper. But let's face it everything Androids have iPhone usually had it first and then android thinks of a clever way to Copy it.

lol in that case everything iphone has nokia had a longgggg time before, my old nokia n8 still has tech iphone hasnt yet got...

anyway back to topic, should have waited and released both together it is unfair some have the full app while the rest are stuck with the toolbox

Madbanshee

Phrourach
As you said, it will be in limited places available. Once android comes out, will it be available worldwide?

DeletedUser

I like this app way better than I do the toolbox, but I am still a bit annoyed with the fact that I just cannot view reports posted by others. I like how you finally added the wall into reports on my cities as well. There should be a feature where you can click on the BB code and it opens the report that another player posted so you know what it looks like. Just make it like the computer version. That's all I want.

Good thing is, everything I hated on the other app is mostly fixed with this one. The time it takes to do stuff is better and it's easier to look over a city, unlike the other app. Inno did great with it.

DeletedUser

It really needs a farming add-on with the captain otherwise very nice.

DeletedUser

iam telling u guys this new app is of the hook thanks guys so much better now thanks thanks

DeletedUser39146

As I suspected, this app is not available in my country (Russia). I followed the link from Wiki to iTunes. The Russian iTunes/AppStore offer only Toolbox.
The same is for Denmark. Could we please get it in other stores other than the English one? Because the old one is just junk ...

DeletedUser15705

I have the same issue as Yol0van above. I most certainly do NOT have an Android phone, I have a very proper iPhone and I know the difference between these two ;-P
and yet when I search for Grepolis in the AppStore, the search returns only the Toolbox, which I already have installed and that doesn't feature any of these neat details and pretty screens, which I've seen on the YouTube video and on the Wiki.

What am I doing wrong?? Or is the new Grepolis for iOS available only in some countries?

i got the same problem, tried searching it on apple store but the mobile version is the only available i tried logging in to grepolis(using web version) and click download the full app and redirected me to apple store then chaching!! not available in my country. sad =(

DeletedUser

The app should have mimic grepolis to the core rather than using different layouts and fonts; which made it uncomfortable for serious gameplay. However it's excellent for quick farming and building up your polis when you're at the work place or Uni. My main criticism is for its lack of userability: how am I suppose to dodge attacks or snipe C/S if there is no countdown logo? This app receives a 6/10 from me. The graphics are appealing to the eye but missing the necessary features to immerse the user into the Grepolis App.

A lot can be done and improved; I'm expecting there to be a lot of updates combating these issues as well as allowing apple users to upload images onto their profiles and the ability to publicize reports.

DeletedUser15705

finally its available in my country, cool app way more cool than the older mobile app, but like earl said there are lot to be done and improved and it would be nice if the administrator feature will be implemented in the mobile app.

DeletedUser

Am I the only one who has issues with push notifications? I have been attacked multiple times in the past several days with no notification from the app. I have tried turning the push notifications on and off but nothing seems to make a difference.

DeletedUser42212

This ap really sucks, if you don't know co ordinates ahead of time to put in ap then you are sunk, I built 2 different CS's and support to launch and was unable to launch from ap while at work. Got attacked multiple times during that period and lost everything. Ap wouldn't let me launch, dodge nothing just sit there and be a target and get wiped out. can't accept a alliance invite or many other things that you can on a computer. Thinking about giving up on grepo as whats the point if you can't do anything when your away from home and don't have access to anything but your phone.

DeletedUser

it's alright, though glitchy. wish it could be more like it is on the computer.

DeletedUser

When is the Android version coming out? The ios has been out for while, it should be here by now.

DeletedUser39849

... when does a toolbox for wp8 comming out? apple and android users have huge benefits atm, while people with windows phone aren't even able to play trough a mobile browser version.

DeletedUser

The app finally got added to my country store -- very pretty graphics, very pleasing for the eye.
However, as posters above have noticed, at the moment it lacks several important features that limit its usefullness.

I cannot find out how can I send resources and troops from one of my city to another. When I'm on the map, swiping through the cities list automatically moves me to the next city so no operations from one city to another are possible through the map.

I hope this app will be further improved and more useful Grepolis functions will be added soon.

DeletedUser

Having a Windows Phone myself I would agree you are a severe disadvantage.

If WP updates are not coming I would like to see the option to have the "push notifications" the other platforms get via email...

But I do feel that not supporting the 3 main platforms the same does give some players an unfair advantage over others.

Couldn't agree more. I have a WP and have even been banned when using the phone. It's glitchy, I don't get menus like forums and alliance information, and overall it is just an awful version. I could help develop the app, and have even brought this to the attention of the mods, but I don't think this is a top priority for them. Apple and Android are the main platforms, and the WP8 does not get much attention by any of the top developers in any community. We need to upgrade to these versions instead :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Where should I report bugs for the Divine Strategies Iphone ap?

DeletedUser

Now the Android app is available... If i install it will i still keep the toolbox as a secondary or will this get deleted?