Grepolis App for iOS and Android Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

YES FINALLY!!! I will stop moaning now :) ^ I have installed it and the toolbox is still there and useable as well.

DeletedUser43413

Can anyone get it on their Nexus 7????

My sony xperia Z can find in the store but not the nexus 7.

DeletedUser41728

First to answer the question why do android always have to wait there are far more android users than ios?
The simple answer is this... Apple is plain... there is very limited differences between the ios devises. Where Android has hundreds of differences between them. phones for example there are how many different ios phones, 1st gen, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C and 5S (8). How many different Androids are there???

Now on to the Android App... The major problem I see is the Attack Alarm dosn't work between worlds when your not in the app. I was running tests and when getting attacked in one world, and I was last logged into that world it worked. However getting attacked in another world (not the one I was previously logged into) No Alarm when off.

Anyone else have this issue?

DeletedUser

Does not work for LG Thrill....I would hate to get a new phone just to use the app...i guess i have to use the old app..good thing I have that installed because it disappeared from my google app store as an option...along with thousands of other apps....maybe they are forcing LG Thrill owners to upgrade and get new phones???

DeletedUser

Few Important issues i think:
Forum is messed up on G3. titles not displayed properly.
No way of checking current sieges.. troop count... incoming... 1 of the most important things for a war game!!!
Reports not able to be viewed in forums. no possible link to click or or anything for them.... No way to share my own reports.
Only BBcode that works is a players name. the other bits need integrating city etc..

Less important that should still be fixed:
Island farms dont show what they convert from->to just by looking.. you have to click each trade
Would be nice to have a non graphical option to show a list of building with links that u can click rather than navigating a whole city to find the right building.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43418

Thanks for the new app for the android. Only problems I find up to now is the
1. you cant rotate the app so you can see any long forum threads. this causes the thread names to overlap on the screen.
2. you cant see the reports that are posted within the threads unless they are your own reports. Can this be fixed.
3. the app permission on the android phone cannot be changed. for example
read my phone status and identity
modify or delete the contents of my USB storage
control vibration
But the most irritating problem is not being able to see other peoples reports that are posted. And it does not give me an audible warning of attacks that are incoming. The old grepolis toolbox did this and foolishly I delete that app before downloading this one, now I cant get the old one back again.
Anyway thanks for the app as it makes it more like the online game, but if you could fix the problems I have gave you I would find it more useful. If I should find anymore problems I will let you know.

Oh yes how do you change the time zone on the app, as there is nothing in the settings to do that. One way of losing troops or cities is having the wrong time, I know the old one did not have it either but at least it gave you the correct time when you had attacks coming in before you opened it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have both apps currently and am finding them to be a boon to my play. I'm a recent smartphone convert myself. I can see these making mobile players *much* more dangerous. No way to see if the city is reserved as of yet, but I'm sure they're working on it.

DeletedUser

Okay I love the new app, but there are two things bugging me. First I cannot find the place to change your town name at, so if anyone knows it would be very helpful. And secondly, navigating in the world view is annoying because you have to move manually, you can't put in the coordinates like on the pc form.

DeletedUser28648

Is there a way for me to get hold of the apk file for the Android app?
Alternatively, let me know what is the name of the apk file and I can try googling for it.
Reason I am asking is because my Android phone (believe or not!) does not have Google Play.

DeletedUser

Okay I love the new app, but there are two things bugging me. First I cannot find the place to change your town name at, so if anyone knows it would be very helpful. And secondly, navigating in the world view is annoying because you have to move manually, you can't put in the coordinates like on the pc form.

can't change the name, though i'm sure that will change in the future.

DeletedUser

I love the new mobile android app, but
1) I have no idea how to scroll through my alliance forums (I can only see the first few posts). I still need to use toolbox to go through it.
2) Reservation tool not seen
3) The custom colours outside the red/green/blue enemy/ally/own alliance colours aren't present, which I really would like. Otherwise, cool stuff, and hopefully there will be upgrades to this app :).

DeletedUser42857

Alternatively, let me know what is the name of the apk file and I can try googling for it.
Reason I am asking is because my Android phone (believe or not!) does not have Google Play.

dm'd you

DeletedUser

bought from China? Cause I would believe that since Google Play is disabled in China.

back to the topic,

I'm not exactly sure if this is desirable or not, but when I log-in via the app, I'm automatically logged in to the world I was last in, rather than the menu from where I can select the world I would like to join. Thoughts?

DeletedUser22217

Thanks for this app!
It was about time to see something decent for mobile users!
Thank u also for the fast reaction with the bugs.
I have installed it, couldn't practically farm and in the next day there was update that made it up.
But it is not yet perfect :).
I second that:
1) I have no idea how to scroll through my alliance forums (I can only see the first few posts). I still need to use toolbox to go through it.
2) Reservation tool not seen.

Please anyone help me ...how to deal with the ingame forums?!

DeletedUser

I found problems with the grepolis android app..

1. I cannot reply to messages
2.I have muted the sound but still I get the sound notification if a building completed or any other..
3.when typing in the forum it takes lot of time to place letter in the box

other wise app looks fantastic

DeletedUser10856

could someone answer this for me please... I downloaded the app but for some reason the worlds that are on it are all the older worlds that I remembered playing for a couple of years ago... i.e. delta, beta, theta, eta. etc... is the ios app just exclusively for phones and cannot be connected to the regular game online? the newer worlds are not available as I wanted to use my old account to start playing again.