Grepolis App for iOS and Android Discussion Thread

DeletedUser42857

I actually hate it (android). Prefer the old Grepo Toolbox.

Unstable and buggy. Not particularly intuitive. Alliance forum not working for me properly. Before it was just screwy, clicking on a topic took you to a totally different topic. Now when i click "alliance forum" i just get a black screen with "welcome to grepo flexible forum" at the top.

Its not overly intuitive, when reading messages you have to tell the different between forward and reply buttons. we dont have tooltips on our phones so really for buttons its actually easier to have text descriptions regardless of how pretty the buttons look. Im spending most of my time playing "guess the icon".

Trading between cities, cant even find where to do that unless you physically navigate to the target city to trade.

Sticking with Grepo Toolbox, far easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41847

"This App is incompatible with your devices" :supermad:
Same here, I have Google nexus 4 with latest undroid version 4.3 and it's telling me that it's incompatible with my device, can anyone tell me why? I had big hopes for this app and I can't even install :(

DeletedUser42857

Strange, im on Galaxy S3 with 4.3 and its fine. Can you sideload it from the APK?

DeletedUser33426

Why do i keep getting notifications on my android app saying " Your city guest8750 is under attack"

I dont have a city called guest8750.

DeletedUser

If you create an account on the app, it automatically creates a guest account for you, I believe. You may have accidentally created one when you first downloaded it and it is now a farm. :p

DeletedUser

the first time you started it you problly did it in the wrong server so it created you a guest account, this has happened to me, just delete the guest account.
beaten to the punch

DeletedUser42857

just to confirm, it works (for some) devices that are (not supported) when sideloaded if you can get your hands on the apk

sideloads on nexus 4

DeletedUser

Gotta be honest i like better than the old one, much more of the game feel to it for me, Bandwidth is the issue it seems with it, All those graphics etc in it you need 3G i think minimum, i normally get that so its good for me but maybe rural players might not see it that way. All in all for me though good work, i like that my prems can be used in it. Feel like i'm getting more for my buck now lol

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure the graphics were accounted for by the 40MB download. :p

DeletedUser

You still need bandwidth to run all those timers etc going on in the cities man lol

But yeah off course fair point, just checked it (head down lol)

DeletedUser

Had all that in the previous app. ;) But yeah, you'd need a more powerful device to run it anyways. :)

DeletedUser648

I have been playing grepolis for years but I am quiting grepo until they make a windows phone app...if they do.

DeletedUser42857

can see why they haven't though. windows phone market share is.......

debatable whether financially it is particularly viable

DeletedUser

I am using android, and there is one problem with new app. I cannot see where incoming attack gonna land, only I can see red cross. I can see where is come from and what time it lands but don't know which city. Please fix this as new app is useless as for now. Only good to send attacks. Happy that I kept old one. Also I cannot change city fast using city list, I need to change one by one using arrows left or right. When I choose city and touch go to city, nothing happens and I am still in the city where I was . Thanks Obi

Got it fixed. I just reinstalled app. All working fine. Great stuff!!!

DeletedUser42857

vaugely related.

Can the bods in charge PLEASE add Tapatalk support for the main Grepolis forum (ie this one). Accessing this forum on mobile is a pain, and Taptalk is about a 2 minute install on vbulletin forums and means loads of people with the app can use the forum much more easily.

DeletedUser

The attack part is very annoying i must admit. Flashing red swords = Great ... Try clicking them does nothing. Sometimes the attack shows in overview sometimes it doesnt. Maybe a group issue. I would think this would have been a top priority to see where an attack is coming from + going to by clicking the flashing swords. Also there is no way to back trace an attack because of this to see how long a cs would take etc.
Needs a fair few more man hours before someone can play grepo purely on their phone.

The forum is a mess. No way in the world u can use the new app for the forum. u click on one topic it takes you to a different one and u cant read the titles of the topics.
Once you actually get into the forum the bbcodes dont work so you cant click on a city as it just chows you the numbers and you cant see reports. The toolbox in this aspect worked except for reports. Why have you then broken it.

Stop trying to make things look pretty and make them work. Once they work then make them pretty.

DeletedUser

Run the new App on my Android tablet 10.1 with HD screen.
Vast improvement over 'Toolbox' , 8 out of 10 from me.
Most of it's failings have already been mentioned but ...... demanding resources from the cities villages, 'select all' button please!
'Get rid of the rankings in the top left and replace with a server clock, how you can play the game without ....?
Not tried it yet on the phone.

Edit: Loaded on phone now, I have a attack inbound, no push notification, active in all settings. ???? nice!

DeletedUser

Do something for windows phone, its almost not possible to play on a windows phone in browser..

Cmon guys, you have one for Apple, Android, what about windows phone users? ;(