Grepolis Classic Discussion Thread

DeletedUser41523

Seriously 5k people in one day. That's immediately on of innos fastest servers.

Make an actual classic server, make it international market it

DeletedUser41523

Yeah the hype was real for this. You'd think that they would have put an effort in for it to not be crashed for a day, worst case. wish Inno would invest a little into this. There's actually people asking if Classic crashed this much.

bertie1969

Phrourach
oh well thats me done in this world as is a shame as was looking forward to this world as were alot of old time players as well

good luck everyone

DeletedUser54784

Seriously 5k people in one day. That's immediately on of innos fastest servers.

Make an actual classic server, make it international market it

more interest in this than upcoming EN100 which will be 10x better than this crap.. logged on played here for a day.. quit.. simple, just wait till EN100.. at this point i dont give a rats butt about gold limitations and such things that we despise on normal newer worlds..

DeletedUser41523

Went from 150 players an hour on average joining to practically none. Nice.

DeletedUser54360

Innogames the only company who when they come up with a good idea find a way to completely ruin it.

I will think you will find that INNO only reluctantly accepted this was a good idea. But the subtantial take up exactly vindicated my stance on the matter.

No matter about teh crash . th epenny has dropped with INNO that subscription Veteran worlds run alongside worlds for teh newbees is teh best income generator going forward . SO it will happen now .

DeletedUser42608

Agreed, this was a good test for inno to measure demand. They opened a server like this and look at how it exploded. I would easily buy into a server that required a one time gold purchase to buy in and that was all you get until a set date when the server ends. They could easily require the 20k package to buy in and make it last 4 or 5 months and I'm sure many of us would give it a go. Here's hoping they got the results they were looking for and this becomes a thing they do often

DeletedUser41523

I'd rather them just drop an old school server that's international and allow you to buy gold as you please.

The thing is this was meant as a special event more so than a feeler for popularity. They didn't expect this result. They weren't prepared for it. They expected just a few nostalgic veterans to join.

DeletedUser10962

I'd much rather have a subscription world. The fixed gold amount is one of the things that makes this world so attractive to me at least.

DeletedUser41523

Yeah but then Inno makes less money. Meaning inno has less incentive to do it.

DeletedUser39200

the only way a subscription world might actually work is if it was a monthly subscription fee. a once of fee would never work. thay would never make money on it if it was a once of.
thay would have to give us some gold on the server as well.

DeletedUser10962

That makes the assumption that the same number of people will play regardless of the world. It also assumes that the huge big spenders would outweigh the income from lots of smaller spenders which is generally a false assumption. It's easier to get 1000 people paying $10 than 10 people paying $1000.

If you set up a world with say a 4 month timer on it access to the world costs you $15 say. Unlimited restarts etc and you have 10k gold for the server. I think many more people are keen to play that style of world.

The money argument is very simple you sign up for the world and pay in advance. They set the criteria for the world to open e.g. Classic world to run from August to December cost $15. World will open on 7th August provided 500 people have signed up by 1st August. If not world will not open and all payments will be refunded

DeletedUser41523

$15 doesn't buy 3k gold though. So it paying for a server +10k gold doesn't feel like it would work.

The current system being used has worked for Inno in terms of generating a profit, mostly because people voluntarily pay a lot of money to play the game while others pay just for advisors or a quick start. Which is why I think it would be best to continue using in an old school environment too. Make the world closing conditions dependent on how many people invest into the server + a minimum timer.

Speed 1: 12 Months minimum + profit still being made after that time extending the world life span.
Speed 2: 9 Months minimum + profit
Speed 3: 6 Months Minimum + profit
Speed 4: 3 Months Minimum + profit
Speed 5+: 1 Month Minimum + profit

The best way to ensure that people would still continue wanting to play and that a bad update can't ruin the game is to make all updates that aren't bugfixes be voted on by the community. So before adding a reservation system it needs to gain 70% of the votes or something. Same with an end game feature or an event.

Just my thoughts on it.

DeletedUser10962

You're misequating things. Just because gold has a certain cash value in one server doesn't mean it has the same value in a classic server. Actually you need far less gold for a classic server as you only really need to buy the advisors. Having worked out I need 1000 gold to cover advisors for the server the rest is surplus really.

Given the lack of need for active development I'd propose that the more sensible scenario is to guarantee profit for inno by setting the opening conditions as I suggest with the threshold investment being Innos break even point. Then anything over that being profit for them leaves only upside. Additionally by giving defined dates for a server it provides a best end point rather than go on forever and mitigates the need for a pointless endgame.

What a large portion of the grepo community is crying out for is a simpler less abusable system in my opinion. One where skill will triumph over the wallet warriors.

On a separate note I've not had a 502 or 504 in the last 3 hours well done Inno

DeletedUser54360

I'd rather them just drop an old school server that's international and allow you to buy gold as you please.

The thing is this was meant as a special event more so than a feeler for popularity. They didn't expect this result. They weren't prepared for it. They expected just a few nostalgic veterans to join.

Well I didnt and that was teh whole point . You have to serve the actual market demand not teh demand the expensive consultants tell you there should be.