Grepolis Cup Rough Draft

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

The World Cup, the Super Bowl, The NCAA Tournament, whatever competition you prefer to think about, one thing is certain and that's that people love a good challenge and they love to compete. This is the purpose of this thread.

This has been suggested a few times and has always gained some hype but never really got going. The idea was thrown out there in my domination thread and seems like a good solution to the international server thing I suggested for domination. I'm just gonna throw a rough version of it out here and I'm hoping that people will add on to it or subtract things they don't like from it.

Proposal: Create a series international tournament worlds for Grepolis. This is so that we get a massive world of the best teams and players from every server. As I said, something like that has drawn interest before and the international throwback server from 2017 shows that interest is there. As does teams moving to different servers for fights and challenges at times.

General Details: This world would be open for anyone to join whether you have a premade or are just going random to play for fun. A team could chose its location and join anytime before Inno would normally cut a world off. This would be done on an international server so that nobody would start with a gold or favor advantage over anyone else. Gold trading would be disabled as well.

Once you're in, the world would play out like any other world. You're free to do as you wish, but the goal is to win. If you win, you'd get some recognition in every community, your normal winning certificate, and some kind of in game prize to take back to a server of your choice. This prize would only be able to be used on one language server.

***Gold trade would be disabled to prevent a team getting an unfair advantage by buying from one team and getting their towns in return or allowing another team to come into the next server with a lot of gold.***

Release: This should be released the season after domination drops/The tournament is announced. So if domination dropped in fall, the first tournament world would be in winter.The reason for it being that people will have time to get a team ready if they want.The release order should be announced in advance as well.

Example: Winter Season: High speed revolt, Spring: Slow speed conq, Summer: Slow speed revolt, Fall: Fast speed Conq.

Other Settings: Aside from general speed (fast or slow), I think the other settings should be either randomized or voted on.

Example Of Randomization: Winter Season: 3-6 build speed, revolt, Unit Speed: ?, Alliance Cap: ?, Beginners Protection: None-7 Days

Promotion: Inno should go hard with this. Ads should be done on social media, Youtube, via in game announcement and forum announcements, or even television. This would both promote their game and challenge people to a competition.

Rewards: On top of recognition and bragging rights, the players in the winning team should receive bonuses for winning the tournament to take back to one server of their choice that's not the international server. The top player in points and top player in battle points should also receive a minor bonus. These effects would last for one year and the bonuses from each category do stack. They do not stack if you win two servers in the same period though, but the time would reset to one year.

Winning Team In Game Bonuses:
5% bonus in your choice of either attack, defense, or BP earned. 10% bonus in favor production, 10% bonus in resource production, Victory Processions, Theater Plays, and Festivals 3% cheaper, foundation time reduced by 1 hour, +50 favor bonus, admins active for free. All of these would be active for one year.

#1 Player For Points: +50 total favor bonus for one year on all servers, -10% building construction time on all servers for one year. Starts with the max starting offer for free in one world in the extended inventory. Starts with a great arming for one world.

#1 Player For Battle Points: +50 total favor bonus for one year on all servers, -10% troop/ship construction times for one year, starts with the max starting offer for free in the extended inventory for one world, starts with a great arming.

Bragging Rights Reward: The winning team's players would receive some cosmetic thing for your international profile, that certificate they give if you win the world, Grepolis Cup Hall of Fame entry, announcement of your team's victory on every active server/forums with a full roster included, and a Wiki Entry with a full roster included.

For players who take one or both of the points categories but weren't on the winning teams, they would receive the typical mention in the hall of fame and be included in the announcements and wiki entry.

Conclusion & Feedback: That's my rough draft for it. There's probably a lot to work on so lets get to it. If you like the idea listed give it a like. If there's something you'd change, mention it below and if people agree, they should like the post.

If you're in the player's council, do me a solid and share it with at least your local council.

DeletedUser55069

I like the whole thing. Few comments:

- gold trade disabled and start with zero gold: I agree this is the only way to do this fair (~entry fee = buy premium advisors)

- speed: world speed could be fixed and faster than usual (e.g. speed 10), the unit speed could determine whether it’s slow, normal or high speed cup: cups would not drag out, could be played same time with regular worlds

- rewards: grepolisscore + special rewards on a chosen world
don't need to be big game changers, rather tokens that players use up without an expiration date
(probably easier to limit how long the reward can be accepted than program something new in the game, use what we have)

Winner team
10000 grepolisscore
A new graphic (a trophy?) on player profile next to grepolisscore that shows participation / winning in international cups.
Could follow the system and design of crowns.
upload_2018-8-6_10-28-46.png
(this example only meant to show the place where a new reward fits)

Best Players
Top 5 Player
5000 - 10000 grepolisscore
Population Boost (5 - 25)
Great Arming (4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1)​
Top 5 Fighter
5000 - 10000 grepolisscore
Population Boost (5 - 25)
Divine Senses (4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1)​

Best Teams
Top 5 Alliance
1000 - 5000 grepolisscore
Population Boost (6 - 10)
Stone Boost, Silver Boost, Wood Boost (6 - 10)
Festival Boost (6 - 10)
Increased favor production (6 - 10)
Recruitment Boost (6 - 10)
Rituals (4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1)​
Top 5 Fighter Alliance
1000 - 5000 grepolisscore
Attack Boost, Defense Boost (6 - 10)
Lightship, Bireme Reinforcement (6 - 10)
Heightened Senses (4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1)
Harpy, Manticore, Griffin Reinforcement (4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 1)​

Honorable mentions

Top 10 Alliance
1000 grepolisscore
Stone Boost, Silver Boost, Wood Boost (5)
Increased favor production (5)
Recruitment Boost (5)​
Top 100 Player
1000 grepolisscore
Population Boost (5), Festival Boost (5)​
Top 100 Fighter
1000 grepolisscore
Heightened Senses (1), Attack Boost (5), Defense Boost (5)​

- honorable mention rewards couldn't be stacked with Best Player or Team rewards in same category
- max 40K grepolisscore per player (for winner of all categories - equal to 4 crowns), a member of a winner team could get 20K
- rewards could be basically any boosts, high level or epic rare boosts in a package (I used Persian contest - Artemisia rewards to create this example)

DeletedUser31852

I feel like it should be less frequent, maybe like a once per year thing with two servers starting simultaneously - one conq one revolt. This way it’s like a summer cup thing that people have a special thing in two summer months or something (same concept as summer speed world but just less fast).

As to it being open to everyone that’s one possibility, and we could end up with a world far more full than what we are used to, with genuine fighting and interesting things happening in ocean 33 and even 22. Maybe one would need a low alliance cap though not sure

Other possibility would to have it a thing where only the best go and most of a community cheers on - so like each language community could only send a group of 50 or so players (i’m Suggesting this perfectly well knowing that I wouldn’t be in this group). But it would create an interesting twist and thing to strive for. It could be left up to the community to vote on participants like player council votes, or it could be the victors of the first domination world or something. I’ve seen this done in different games and suddenly you find yourself rooting for people that have beaten you and it’s very fun even not to participate and just spectate.