Inactive Topic Grepolis Forum Improvement ~ Senators

DeletedUser

Well Senators can and will be held accountable like you do with any elected official. If a Senator abuses their power, I'm not actually sure how a Senator would do that though as they wouldn't really have any power past the fact that they represent the community's voice in certain aspects.

Senators will have to put their name forward and would then get voted on by the community. Anyone who is unpopular with the community obviously won't get the vote. There will be some aspect of a popularity contest however that's the same with every election. Would you abolish a democratic election merely because some people are more inclined to vote for people they find to like?

Remember that most people get to like people based on sharing similar ideals and thoughts.

DeletedUser49197

Well Senators can and will be held accountable like you do with any elected official. If a Senator abuses their power, I'm not actually sure how a Senator would do that though as they wouldn't really have any power past the fact that they represent the community's voice in certain aspects.

Senators will have to put their name forward and would then get voted on by the community. Anyone who is unpopular with the community obviously won't get the vote. There will be some aspect of a popularity contest however that's the same with every election. Would you abolish a democratic election merely because some people are more inclined to vote for people they find to like?

Remember that most people get to like people based on sharing similar ideals and thoughts.
completely agree.

Link of time

Phrourach

*cough electoral college cough* :p

DeletedUser49358

*cough electoral college cough* :p

Actually it's the opposite of the electoral college seeing as Al Gore won the popular vote but lost the Presidential election because of the electoral college, so the electoral college prevented the most popular candidate from winning.

DeletedUser

Actually it's the opposite of the electoral college seeing as Al Gore won the popular vote but lost the Presidential election because of the electoral college, so the electoral college prevented the most popular candidate from winning.

They operate in a first past the post system where it's regional votes. Bush won more seats than Al Gore so Bush became President. Al Gore was more popular in the states that he won though, while Bush won the more marginal seats with slimmer margins.

But yeah, the Senators will be elected using proportional representation.

DeletedUser35431

Idea - Have 10 or so 'Senators' who are experienced players who fulfill no role but generally act in advising and helping newer members to Grepolis' Forums.

Having a Senator role would vastly improve activity of the most experienced/influential members in Grepolis Forums as it would give experienced players a formal role in the community, without actually having to be a mod, and therefore being imprisoned alongside the likes of Lane and Iceddragon in a 2x2 meter shack with no AC or windows.

Reason - These Senators would help represent players to the mods, and inform and educate newer members of the Forums. I know for a fact that newer members find it much easier to open contact with an experienced player than with a mod. Therefore the Senators would fulfill a vital role in keeping newer players interested in the Forums.

Details -

Requirements for Entrance into the Senate as a Senator
->50 'friends' listed on Profile (Loose)
->1 year on the Forum
-Respected by whole Player Community

Senators would have a white coloured theme on their profile.

(Pic)SENATOR
Experienced Player

White Theme.

Or alternatively

(Pic)SENATOR
Non-Mod

White Theme

Summary - IMHO the mods do a great job, however the 'Senators' role would give highly experienced players a role in the community, without bestowing unto them any powers.

I've seen similar systems being implemented unto large Forum communities with large and great success.

It is a nice idea. But I think the senators should also have +1/2 year on Grepolis. But I do not think that friends should be criteria.

DeletedUser49197

I agree and disagree with above, they should be known and liked by players (=friends), but also, not all people friend everyone they know on the forums, a lot of experienced posters have 5 close friends as the only ones on the list, and you have to respect them. Also, it is very easily bypassable...

DeletedUser22115

I'm not sure how many friends I have on my profile, but I'm almost certain 90% of them are retired. So if I had 50 freight but only 5 of them are active then what would be the point in using a friends list for this idea.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure how many friends I have on my profile, but I'm almost certain 90% of them are retired. So if I had 50 freight but only 5 of them are active then what would be the point in using a friends list for this idea.

No idea, can't actually remember my reasoning. I'll remove it

DeletedUser40768

I am ok with the idea, nothing really wrong with giving it a shot. Though I was wondering why there is a requirement for being on the forum for one year. I guess the idea is to make sure the person is knowledgeable about the game. But for some that can happen in a few months, and some still don't know what there doing after being here for years. Another thing to consider with that is people usually don't join the forum as soon as they join the game. Some people make their account weeks, months, or years later. Might leave some very qualified people waiting way to long to be able to help out. Just some thoughts, have been thinking about the idea for a while and think I would like to see it in action.