Inactive Topic Grepolis Hall of Fame

DeletedUser23971

Proposal

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but with the vast number of Worlds now could there be a record table for the Worlds combined?

Reason

The idea of having a bit of competition between worlds and further targets to aim for which might prolong worlds with record seekers in them rather than just thinking - it is done now move on was my main thinking behind it.

A World still last a long time, I wonder if we are missing a trick by their achievements disappearing in the closed worlds at the foot of the forum. Also if an alliance or individual has done particularly well, why not have a place where all of us can refer to and see

Details

Largest player - the points total they hit at their peak - World it was done
Biggest Alliance - as above - as above
Highest alliance average - as above - as above

Highest abp by player - Highest dbp by player - Alliance with the highest abp - Alliance with the highest dbp.

Fastest World Wonder winner 4 and 7

Visual aid obviously need someone who scored higher than 3% at Art

No balance issues at it's just a record

Summary

Just an idea, it could add a bit of competition between worlds, I am sure others could suggest more categories - I just don't know if it is workable

Amended list

Hall of Fame

Fastest achieved Ruler of World

World Speed 1

Alliance Cap 0-60 – Alliance – World – Time
Alliance Cap 61-120 – Alliance – World – Time
Alliance Cap 121 – 180 – Alliance – World – Time
Alliance Cap 181+ - Alliance – World – Time

World Speed 2

World Speed 3

Fastest achieved Master of World

World Speed 1

World Speed 2

World Speed 3

Hall of Fame Player

Largest Player - Points

World Speed 1 (Add alliance and world)

World Speed 2

World Speed 3

Largest Player - ABP

World Speed 1

World Speed 2

World Speed 3

Largest Player - DBP

World Speed 1

World Speed 2

World Speed 3

Misc

Longest World

Shortest World

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please add the proper formatting to this idea.

Sounds good, I'd vote for this idea.

DeletedUser

Please add the proper formatting to this idea.

Sounds good, I'd vote for this idea.

Eh?

What about all of the different factors involved in different worlds? They aren't comparable...

DeletedUser23971

Sorry will look for the format - I must confess to only usually looking at World specific.

I thought about things like alliance caps varying - hence the averages

You could break it down further to conquest/revolt I guess. I know the older worlds tended to last longer so they might have the highest??

The idea of having a bit of competition between worlds and further targets to aim for which might prolong worlds with record seekers in them rather than just thinking - it is done now move on was my main thinking behind it.

I can't think which factors would prevent a list being compiled (doesn't mean I am saying there aren't just I haven't thought of any) - if there are maybe they could be factored in or expanded.

A World still last a long time, I wonder if we are missing a trick by their achievements disappearing in the closed worlds at the foot of the forum.

DeletedUser27700

So you are suggesting an expansion to the Hall of Fame?
A way to keep track of world stats etc?

You can do most of this through external means already, but I suppose it would be nice to have this in the official HoF.

DeletedUser30636

I like it, makes sure peoples achievements dont die with there legacy

DeletedUser11965

Alliance cap, world speed, etc. all contribute to this

DeletedUser23971

Alliance caps would affect totals - but you could compete on averages...

World Speed - Yes I am not sure about this, I have played in all 3. You would expect players in a 3 to grow faster, but the World is shorter, same in a 1, I still cannot believe how hard it was to grow in Delta but the world lasted a very long time and we will all have seen player with 2+ million on all speeds.

I don't imagine it could ever be an exact science, I doubt any alliance would sweep the board no matter how well they did, but at the moment we don't have anything that comes close.

Don't worry, I will shut up now and let you guys have discuss, it is really whether the Community wants it and I don't want it to come across like I am just trying to defend it :)

I always come up with a final proposal after comments.

DeletedUser23971

ok - it looks cumbersome but I added a suggested layout which would cover Speeds and alliance sizes - do we think this is too much? are there things you think should be added or removed?

DeletedUser14492

I think in principle it is a great idea to compare stats accross worlds... but in practice given different modes and speeds and alliance caps, it seems difficult to get any meaningful stats.

Old worlds were where true grepolis greats played. These new worlds come and go faster than you can say, "world wonders are a pointless click fest". And I can say that pretty fast.