Grepolis is a broken game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser809

Get enough people together willing to buy success and you can win the server before it's barely even started. Sorry NOOBS but all you've done is proven that this game is broken. Gold, gold, gold and probably a bot thrown in there too. You may have experience and possibly even real skills but you lose all legitimacy when the game is played this way. If this is just about who has the deepest wallets and the least scruples then you guys win. Congratulations.

DeletedUser

sadly that is the truth
too bad they can't create one server that you cannot buy gold on
I know it's a business, but how fun that would be :)

DeletedUser

I know for a fact 4 of 8 members of westpoint is not using gold and its local ppl in area 54 not part of the initial NOOBS premade. WP are still ranked in top 12 attacking allys, gold not all that important as you think. Im just using advisors really and still in top 10, one noob member never spend a dime and ranked in top 50. Its all up to skill and time.
Many ppl use gold outside noobs, but in the long run it dosnt matter much, all you really need is commander and captain. Get over it, give it time and have fun :)

DeletedUser

I really do not care if players buy gold. It is their choice.

At the begining of the game, point difference between gold users and "regular player" is huge and someone might feel discouraged.

But later, when cities are fully developed and armies are fully build then you become equal. Then you have to use tactics.

DeletedUser21560

omg

Stop crying !!!

Aint our fault that you are not good enough and too broke to support the game you like to play...

If you dont like it, QUIT!

DeletedUser

Wow this is a sad cry baby.

1. of all. You say we all use gold? I dont fx. ? Maybe some of us is just better than you? Or maybe we use more time farming villages? Maybe we just dont suck?

2. You accuse us for bot abuse now? Wow. You got 2 hours to bring a proof on anyone from NOOBS who use a bot, or you will get reported.

3. Stop being such a troll, you are not good, and a lot of players are better than you. Or just spend more time, or just use gold. That is the game rules. Dont like it? Dont play the game.

DeletedUser21770

Bringing up people's lack of money was an unfair response Thizzle.

I do agree though, gold is there to be used, and players need to deal with that and move on. Gold only helps speed up the process somewhat. You can't buy the resources you need instantly, it still takes time to develop them.

DeletedUser21560

Bringing up people's lack of money was an unfair response Thizzle.

I do agree though, gold is there to be used, and players need to deal with that and move on. Gold only helps speed up the process somewhat. You can't buy the resources you need instantly, it still takes time to develop them.

Im not mocking anybody for them not having money...

If people can afford having a computer and having internet, and sit on the net and play grepolis, they for sure can also afford to spend 10 or 20 bux on some gold... its just being cheap tho...

And its all good if people dont wanna spend, not saying anything bad about people who choose not to spend, but atleast if you choose not to spend, then dont complain about others spending...

DeletedUser

2. You accuse us for bot abuse now? Wow. You got 2 hours to bring a proof on anyone from NOOBS who use a bot, or you will get reported.

All reports of people using bots should be sent via the support system for In Game Mods to look in to.

DeletedUser21770

Im not mocking anybody for them not having money...

If people can afford having a computer and having internet, and sit on the net and play grepolis, they for sure can also afford to spend 10 or 20 bux on some gold... its just being cheap tho...

And its all good if people dont wanna spend, not saying anything bad about people who choose not to spend, but atleast if you choose not to spend, then dont complain about others spending...

Maybe they spent a lot of time saving for said computer, and have a lot of bills to pay INCLUDING SAID INTERNET.

Add to the fact that some people have to buy their own food, clothing, pay for transport, insurance etc. and you might start to see that paying money on here would be a no-go. Don't go claiming that people are cheap. The economy as it is right now is not easy. Some people genuinely can't afford it despite getting all these things.

I agree though, if someone is CHOOSING not to pay for whatever reason, then there should be no complaints.

DeletedUser21770

From looking at the players posting here, I don't think anyone is being farmed at this moment in time.

DeletedUser21770

I know. And as I said, I don't think Gadzooks is being farmed. He's in the second largest alliance, and I believe he'd have more than enough support if he needed it.

DeletedUser809

You know, I agree. It's not really NOOBS fault that this game is broken. It is inevitable that some alliance is going to gather together the bulk of the players willing to spend significant amounts of gold to get ahead.

I choose not to spend a lot of gold on reducing building and troop production times etc etc. I could "afford" it but that's really not the point and I think you guys know that. What it boils down to is that if another alliance came along and spent gold the way you guys have been to get an early advantage what do you think would happen? You guys would respond by spending more gold and then they would do the same etc etc. Where does it end? And where does that leave the players who pay for the advisors but don't want to get into a gold spamming war? I'm sure Innogames would love to see such a scenario arise but of course some people are just a little too rational to allow themselves to get sucked into that trap.

And quite frankly it pisses off a lot of players that have payed a reasonable amount to support the game and get the advisors and then have to sit and listen to a bunch of arrogant gold spammers tell us all how great they are and how the rest of us are just a bunch of noobs. The milestones thread is a joke for that very reason. Whatever your skill level may be, once you start being a gold spammer you really lose any credibility for making those kinds of claims about yourselves or other players. But that's why you pay the gold isn't it? So you can do exactly that. That's the mentality that Innogames is counting on.

And it's not just that. There is a point at which the gold spending translates into an unreasonable advantage, especially when it's so concentrated in one alliance (which it inevitably will be). Assuming you have a number of alliances with skilled players and only one spends a large amount on gold spamming that translates into buying your victory. It doesn't demonstrate anything but that. If you wanted to get respect you'd have to level the playing field and then see how you fared without that crutch. And that's what I and a lot of other players hate about these spammable features is they destroy the possibility for that kind of fair competition to take place. I don't have any objection to seeing skilled players in a well organized alliance win because they were the most dedicated and had the best strategy and I would gladly tip my hat to players that did win on that basis.

As for bots. Meh, I didn't accuse any particular player of being a bot user. All I said is there are probably some using a bot. We all know that there are bots getting used in this game and we know that some of those users (possibly a significant number given the big advantage they give) are top ranked players who know how to avoid getting caught (ie. don't tell anyone that you're using it). Gold spammers need a lot of additional resources to support those faster queues and early game the best source of that is farming villages. To consistently collect maximum resources from farming villages on a daily basis you either need to be a machine or use a bot. Put two and two together and you draw the reasonable conclusion that a fair number of gold spammers in the top ranks are probably using one. Guess which alliance most of those top ranked gold spamming players happen to belong to on this server.

DeletedUser

The Pub

Well i don't hang around the Pub, when I'm off duty, instead I go home and play.

I use gold, a good deal, but I'm stil saving money.
and I frankly don't give a damn what you think about it.

Everybody makes their own choice, live with it.

:pro:

DeletedUser

They spend gold so what? Spending gold is part of life, but it is not breaking any rules,

Regardless of how much gold has been spent, they have shown major commitment to grow so quickly, I am not even close to conquest and I am online a lot,

bide your time, those that survive the initial en-slaught by them, will hopefully grow in size,
The Noobs, may have a lot of cities now, but they have kept there members count low allowing others a chance, if your diplomatic skills are any good there could be a good war on the horizon. so stop moaning, enjoy the game.

think to the future, if you survive! taking a city off them would be all the more pleasurable, also a better challenge! surely that is why we all play.

THERE IS HOPE, but if not, there is always other worlds :)

DeletedUser

Gadzooks,

I rather like you, nevertheless gold is part of the game while you can gold rush at the start, it shows no skill whatsoever, gold can't play the game for you in the long term.

Early on in the game the gold helps a lot, but later on it becomes too expensive to use in the same way there for it comes down to player skills.

While miles and co maybe high in the rankings now when the pros come out of the shell in the months ahead there is a high chance they will not be at the top ant more, gold is a quick fix for a lack of skill not the cure.

I am well known for using gold in this game; over the 18 months I have been playing I have spent a few £100. But that is my choice, and I do that because I spent ridiculously long hours working and can’t spend my whole day farming.

But it is worth noting as this thread has proved for people like Miles gold can’t buy manors.

DeletedUser

sick and tired of peoples claims

I'm getting tired of people claiming gold users get an unfair advantage
Seems they think spamming gold will give them unlimited access to the resources that is in even higher demand if you spend a lot of gold in cutting times.

Think it through instead of complaining about unrealistic scenarios that you imagined have happened

Status
Not open for further replies.