Grepolis is a broken game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser21770

I'm getting tired of people claiming gold users get an unfair advantage
Seems they think spamming gold will give them unlimited access to the resources that is in even higher demand if you spend a lot of gold in cutting times.

Think it through instead of complaining about unrealistic scenarios that you imagined have happened

That's the exact point I was trying to make. All it does is speed things up. It's not instant, and still takes time.

DeletedUser

:)

Gadzooks, gold is a quick fix for a lack of skill not the cure.
I agree but not all gold users suffer from the disease of lacking skills :) But some do probably lets see what happens.

I also agree with Miles, though I do hang around the pub xD

DeletedUser

I am tired of this kinda threads! :D
I gues it is normal to have 4 cities in x1 world when only few have even 2!
For example Tizzler knows only 2 words broke and cry, it shows your intellect Tizlly!
I know that gold users want to defend them self for using it so much,
with stupid excuses like supporting game well maybe there is someone who is doing with such purpose!
And what is for you Askepot you are bunch of newbies and none told that you all are using gold, just wanted to point that out gashhh!
Even Achilles wrote something smart for first time! :p
Looking for replies, like I am using gold because I am being farmed without it, it should make sense!

DeletedUser1405

It is an individuals choice wether to use Gold in the game, it has been written already if you dont like it dont play the game.
It may be costing certain players silly amounts of money to get on ingame but again its their choice.
Stop bleating and play the game.

Enjoy it while you can people as the issue of Gold will raise its head in every world, all it takes is for an alliance to jump ahead of the others and the accusations will start.
Personally i dont have a problem with it, and yes i use it, you will use less and less as the world goes on. Does that make me a cheat, does it hell, it just lets me enjoy the game as i want to enjoy it.

DeletedUser

It is easy to say for peoples who are not near to thous gold monsters, if you would be near them there would be other story! And whats for gold, the problem is not that such things exist , but that you can have way to much ups with it!There should be some limit for that, they could at least take away cutting time for buildings which is the reason for all problems as I think!

DeletedUser

This game is about how mucho time you spend on the game not how much gold you spend

Stop complaining i bet any player in the top have spend 10 times more time on the game than those complaining
Gold will not cover for time spend it will only accelerate the game if you are nearly constant online
Stop whining and accept that there are people out there with time enough to be on top

Of cause it also takes intimate knowledge of game mechanics and skill but gold will never give the advantage that this skills and time gives

DeletedUser21770

OK let me lay this out for you so that it's simple lynx:

Gold is used, in general, to speed up the process of building. That is pretty much it's only real use.

Now you're saying to cut that away. Suddenly gold becomes useless, and the company gets no money because people won't see any point in getting gold.

Here's a fact for all of you complaining: The world isn't perfect and that has millions of people abusing things within it. You're complaining about a game which has a few people using the gold system. Speaks volumes doesn't it. Gold usage will become less and less used as time passes by. The game will even itself out over time, it's a matter of waiting. If you get hit and rimmed, simply rebuild with the knowledge that you're away from 'gold monsters'.

Tactics outplay Gold. You could have all the gold you like, but if someone or a group of people have a strategy that reflects you, no amount of gold can really help you with that.

Just think. Later on in the game, people without gold could be surrounding you who will be even more powerful than the gold users. Would you complain then?

DeletedUser

Is there any point to argue with you guys, it just do not get to your brains!
helbo how about you write your next smart post after you try to play 24/7 and get where they are??
Whats for you Rising do your homework about gold use and then post!

DeletedUser21770

Is there any point to argue with you guys, it just do not get to your brains!
helbo how about you write your next smart post after you try to play 24/7 and get where they are??
Whats for you Rising do your homework about gold use and then post!

Not really because it just seems like you're complaining about your own personal situation, rather than the actual game in general.

I've said what I needed to say about gold use. I needn't do homework about it lynx. Perhaps you should. The players who use it are ahead due to playing the game A LOT, and I believe they started pretty much when the world came out, so they've had the time to get to the level they're at.

As I said, tactics outplay gold lynx. If you can't see that, then maybe you need to do your homework on the entire game.

Attempting to insult people who disagree with you just shows you're not cut out for this kind of pressure. If everything goes against you, you lash out. Try thinking before you post next time.

DeletedUser1405

I agree 100% that tactics and strategies outweigh Gold use in a large proportion of situations all thats happening with quick growing cities is they are putting targets on themselves. If that player is good enough to hold onto the city then good luck to them.
Remember this if a large alliance hits a single large account there is no Gold out there that can stop the takeover.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It is easy to say for peoples who are not near to thous gold monsters, if you would be near them there would be other story! And whats for gold, the problem is not that such things exist , but that you can have way to much ups with it!There should be some limit for that, they could at least take away cutting time for buildings which is the reason for all problems as I think!

I didn't want to say anything but dear god man.. Stop moaning already.
As Mike62 and few others said already, if you don't like it, quit the game.
Why would innogames apply some restrictions to the gold use? What's wrong with you? For you, me and the rest of the lot this is a game, but in the end, innogames are those who make decisions and it's strictly business for them. As long as majority enjoys the game and new people joining worlds every day, why would they put any restrictions to the gold use.. Just think about it for a second.
It's NOOBS' choice how they are going to play this game and their alone. You all have same predisposition to make to the top of the rank list in this game and yes, some can't afford to spend too much money on a game like this, but come on.. Man up.

DeletedUser

Good luck with your strategies, send me mail when you take them out! =)
And Rising post once more how long are you playing this game, this is my last post to you man as
I see it is pointless to talk with newbie like you!

DeletedUser21560

And again more crying?

You know, I agree. It's not really NOOBS fault that this game is broken. It is inevitable that some alliance is going to gather together the bulk of the players willing to spend significant amounts of gold to get ahead.

I choose not to spend a lot of gold on reducing building and troop production times etc etc. I could "afford" it but that's really not the point and I think you guys know that. What it boils down to is that if another alliance came along and spent gold the way you guys have been to get an early advantage what do you think would happen? You guys would respond by spending more gold and then they would do the same etc etc. Where does it end? And where does that leave the players who pay for the advisors but don't want to get into a gold spamming war? I'm sure Innogames would love to see such a scenario arise but of course some people are just a little too rational to allow themselves to get sucked into that trap.

And quite frankly it pisses off a lot of players that have payed a reasonable amount to support the game and get the advisors and then have to sit and listen to a bunch of arrogant gold spammers tell us all how great they are and how the rest of us are just a bunch of noobs. The milestones thread is a joke for that very reason. Whatever your skill level may be, once you start being a gold spammer you really lose any credibility for making those kinds of claims about yourselves or other players. But that's why you pay the gold isn't it? So you can do exactly that. That's the mentality that Innogames is counting on.

And it's not just that. There is a point at which the gold spending translates into an unreasonable advantage, especially when it's so concentrated in one alliance (which it inevitably will be). Assuming you have a number of alliances with skilled players and only one spends a large amount on gold spamming that translates into buying your victory. It doesn't demonstrate anything but that. If you wanted to get respect you'd have to level the playing field and then see how you fared without that crutch. And that's what I and a lot of other players hate about these spammable features is they destroy the possibility for that kind of fair competition to take place. I don't have any objection to seeing skilled players in a well organized alliance win because they were the most dedicated and had the best strategy and I would gladly tip my hat to players that did win on that basis.

As for bots. Meh, I didn't accuse any particular player of being a bot user. All I said is there are probably some using a bot. We all know that there are bots getting used in this game and we know that some of those users (possibly a significant number given the big advantage they give) are top ranked players who know how to avoid getting caught (ie. don't tell anyone that you're using it). Gold spammers need a lot of additional resources to support those faster queues and early game the best source of that is farming villages. To consistently collect maximum resources from farming villages on a daily basis you either need to be a machine or use a bot. Put two and two together and you draw the reasonable conclusion that a fair number of gold spammers in the top ranks are probably using one. Guess which alliance most of those top ranked gold spamming players happen to belong to on this server.

So what your basically saying is that we spend alot of gold and thats why we are on top...

can you PLEASEEE tell me how you know how much we have spent? please post some evidence stating how much we spent?

quote - If you wanted to get respect you'd have to level the playing field and then see how you fared without that crutch. And that's what I and a lot of other players hate about these spammable features is they destroy the possibility for that kind of fair competition to take place. I don't have any objection to seeing skilled players in a well organized alliance win because they were the most dedicated and had the best strategy and I would gladly tip my hat to players that did win on that basis. -quote

So if we wanted respect, we should play more noobish to be on your level? come on dude, its a fu..... -> WAR <-------- GAME not the SIMS

Fair competition? we are 47 players on a server with like 40k+ players, stop crying and go do something

What do you know about skills? so far you have showed everyone how big of a newb you are, crying on public forum because you are loosing, asking us to slow down so you can have a chance etc... We DONT want your respect, we want your cities, and we damn sure dont need you to tell us what skills and strategy are...

So tip your hat into the toilet, we dont give a what about what you think

Stop embarrasing yourself, i HATE when small newbs posts on this forum analyzing and talking about skills like they some kind of grepolis legend...

And you sure know alot about Bot usage huh? STOP accusing people of cheating just because you are being a newb...

As i said million of times, QUIT if you dont like the game

Thats its

Respect to all the real exp. players who are sitting quietly and observing and waiting for their chance, we know your out there too ;)

DeletedUser21560

Good luck with your strategies, send me mail when you take them out! =)
And Rising post once more how long are you playing this game, this is my last post to you man as
I see it is pointless to talk with newbie like you!

Hes not been playing for long, but hes already smarter then you! and what does it matter how long you have been playing? i see some people here who flash their experiance every chance they get, and i can see that they dont have a clue about how to play the game... You can take Saska for an excellent example... hes Clueless:heh:

DeletedUser21770

Well since you asked lynx, and since apparently thats your last post to me, I may as well reply.

I've now been playing the game for two weeks. But you know what, despite that I've been in one of the top alliances. Why? Because unlike you, I actually put effort into getting better. I actually tried to come up with strategies. And most importantly, I've never complained once about the game itself. You stated in your original post on another topic that you thought it was unfair on new players. Looking around, I don't see new players complaining, and the only one really fired up, so much that you're disrespecting other users of the forum, is you lynx. Get your act together. If you're struggling to get stronger, restart on the rim. Some may see it as a sign of weakness, others would see it as a smarter option than being farmed like you apparently are. There are ways around things. You just need to learn to use your head. Not once have I seen you use it in this topic, or any other topic you've complained in.

DeletedUser

Respect to all the real exp. players who are sitting quietly and observing and waiting for their chance, we know your out there too ;)

Quite correct, after having said that you should think about what the "real exp. players" are thinking of your rude and obnoxious post.

Everyone is entitled to their views, but you are plain rude... no need to be like that to make your point.

DeletedUser21560

Gadzooks,

I rather like you, nevertheless gold is part of the game while you can gold rush at the start, it shows no skill whatsoever, gold can't play the game for you in the long term.

Early on in the game the gold helps a lot, but later on it becomes too expensive to use in the same way there for it comes down to player skills.

While miles and co maybe high in the rankings now when the pros come out of the shell in the months ahead there is a high chance they will not be at the top ant more, gold is a quick fix for a lack of skill not the cure.

Wow this must surely be true when the experianced Saska says it...

what do you know about our skill level? and what does even make you qualified to talk about our skills? this server is INCREDIBLE a lot of so called "LEGENDS/VETS" do the talking, but none of them can prove themselfes in the game...

QUOTE=Saska;477974]Quite correct, after having said that you should think about what the "real exp. players" are thinking of your rude and obnoxious post.

Everyone is entitled to their views, but you are plain rude... no need to be like that to make your point.[/QUOTE]

Show me where i am being rude on this post...

I got a person, crying and accusing us of being cheaters, and i simply state the facts to him, i know it can be hard to hear, but thats just reality...

Actually its a few others being rude towards us... they accusing us of cheating, and i kinda think its a little lame that the mods dont shut down that behaviour right away, but its all good, just because ur a mod it doesnt mean that you cant like some players more then others... and we all know that we are just money spending noobs, and those you do not like... so all good ;-) :pro:

DeletedUser17527

The bottom line as far as I see it is without gold users innogames would've dropped this games as unprofitable and no one would be able to play it so instead of complaining please join me in thanking all the gold users for supporting this game and enabling all of us to play it!

DeletedUser

Oh I would be just so happy If you both pros would be at my island so I can see how fast talkers you are after my troops visit your city!
Skills... you have no clue what is skills, hiding behind other backs makes you worthless fools nothing more!

DeletedUser21418

Lol

Oh I would be just so happy If you both pros would be at my island so I can see how fast talkers you are after my troops visit your city!
Skills... you have no clue what is skills, hiding behind other backs makes you worthless fools nothing more!

Says the littel newb, who is stil hiding under another name just tell me what nick you are playing under and you will be gone i 48 houre, but i now that wont happn you are all talk and now walk

Kraniet

Status
Not open for further replies.