Grepolis Legends

• Thread starter DeletedUser43070
  • Start date

DeletedUser54126

I like both and I play both. Both have their own taste. Using catapults and knocking down walls is a flavour one always gets while playing revolt while conquest players usually follow a no wall policy recent times. The flavour of back sniping in conquest is also one of the biggest in grepolis revolt players dont get. Team attacking and team stacking are present in both albeit in different ways.

But I do want to say conquest players need to use alarm while sleepin, pooping, bathing, and swimming otherwise cities can be lost in 10 mins if the world is fast. But we can at least get a sound sleep even in fast revolt worlds.

DeletedUser41523

My third player is again another mayfly didn't usually stick around long but was a great guy and player and that is Smilodan Fatilis (Know that isn't spelt right) haha. Always the funny guy contributed on forums kept people in the alliances motivated. He was a great team player and on the battlefront would be a very tough costumer. Great leader and possibly i would say one of the only people better at diplomacy than me. I remember a situation where we manipulated top alliances in worlds to warring with each other from the rim. Was a very fun time and made the game more enjoyable particularly due to the lack of fighting on our own front.
Just saw this years later. Thanks for the mention though. And I remember that world it was a blast. :)

Anyways this needs an update as there's a few more legends to mention that I think have either been overlooked, stepped it up since the original post, or emerged.

Leadership:

1)
Gothamsoldier without a doubt a legendary leader. His alliance Zero Fox Given (now Care Factor Zero) dropped into 3 core oceans in Lato and ran with the big dogs there, toppling a few of them and assisting to force another out of the area. His best strength comes in his personality and ability to recruit and I'd say he's replaced Deathwishx13 as the best premade recruiter in game right now. Where pick up premades seem to be losing their steam, this guy started and assembled a monster roster that I believe would dominant a future server if they stuck to one core. The best part is his alliance stuck to its guns on no pacts and NAPs. Something many of us try and in the end give into. Of course he had a lot of help in these things, Echo1.2, BB, Dizzlejoe, HEAD BENDER, myself, and quite a few others over the course of the server so far all lent hands doing various aspects of running the alliance. Which I think is another strength of his, knowing when to delegate and who to delegate to. Its these components that made his alliance fun to be in and successful

2) Tracilia- Her alliance won Dimale and is currently in Lato. Most leaders, including some on this list, when handed a bad hand and coming up short would give up and start planning for the next world or quit altogether. Tracilia instead stayed on Lato and kept her alliance alive and now its starting to work back into the core as much smaller more elite alliance. Which is a pretty impressive feat in my eyes.

Players
GurneyHalleck- I've heard relatively good things. Stats seem to back it up.

Dizzljoe- Great player and always had an upbeat attitude in the game.

ValkyrieofValhalla- Another great player, on par with Joe. You do not want to take them on together.

echo1.2- Probably one of the most spammed/attacked players right now. Deals with it well and plays well despite facing off on fronts with two of the best alliances in conquest right now.

White Khalifa/Shiroe- Easily one of the best players in Grep. Roe's been around for a few years now mostly on the US servers. But he crossed over into En on Lato. He quickly emerged as one of the top players and attackers. He's capable of holding down an entire front on his own if he wants.

That's all I got for now. There might be more to add later that I forgot.

DeletedUser54126

Just saw this years later. Thanks for the mention though. And I remember that world it was a blast. :)

Anyways this needs an update as there's a few more legends to mention that I think have either been overlooked, stepped it up since the original post, or emerged.

Leadership:

1)
Gothamsoldier without a doubt a legendary leader. His alliance Zero Fox Given (now Care Factor Zero) dropped into 3 core oceans in Lato and ran with the big dogs there, toppling a few of them and assisting to force another out of the area. His best strength comes in his personality and ability to recruit and I'd say he's replaced Deathwishx13 as the best premade recruiter in game right now. Where pick up premades seem to be losing their steam, this guy started and assembled a monster roster that I believe would dominant a future server if they stuck to one core. The best part is his alliance stuck to its guns on no pacts and NAPs. Something many of us try and in the end give into. Of course he had a lot of help in these things, Echo1.2, BB, Dizzlejoe, HEAD BENDER, myself, and quite a few others over the course of the server so far all lent hands doing various aspects of running the alliance. Which I think is another strength of his, knowing when to delegate and who to delegate to. Its these components that made his alliance fun to be in and successful

2) Tracilia- Her alliance won Dimale and is currently in Lato. Most leaders, including some on this list, when handed a bad hand and coming up short would give up and start planning for the next world or quit altogether. Tracilia instead stayed on Lato and kept her alliance alive and now its starting to work back into the core as much smaller more elite alliance. Which is a pretty impressive feat in my eyes.

Players
GurneyHalleck- I've heard relatively good things. Stats seem to back it up.

Dizzljoe- Great player and always had an upbeat attitude in the game.

ValkyrieofValhalla- Another great player, on par with Joe. You do not want to take them on together.

echo1.2- Probably one of the most spammed/attacked players right now. Deals with it well and plays well despite facing off on fronts with two of the best alliances in conquest right now.

White Khalifa/Shiroe- Easily one of the best players in Grep. Roe's been around for a few years now mostly on the US servers. But he crossed over into En on Lato. He quickly emerged as one of the top players and attackers. He's capable of holding down an entire front on his own if he wants.

That's all I got for now. There might be more to add later that I forgot.
Agreed with all, i played in Lato as moscleo1 in CFZ n in dimale as well won WW with Tracilia, so i know but it would be better if you also put up some revolt players.

DeletedUser41523

Agreed with all, i played in Lato as moscleo1 in CFZ n in dimale as well won WW with Tracilia, so i know but it would be better if you also put up some revolt players.

I haven't played revolt for more than a month at a time since Either En Omicron or En Ithica. So its not really my place to say. Besides, the people I know of I listed a couple years ago.

Though I do have a comment about the revolt aspect a lot of conq players over look since it seems to have been debated a few times here. People think conq is harder due to how you have to play to survive. With backsnipes, no walls, the sneak ability etc. Conquest worlds, if you take a few cities a day you're considered to be doing great. In revolt worlds offensives can snag double digit cities a day, sometimes as high as 40-50 in a day by one alliance alone. Once you're out of defense, you're essentially gone unless you jump alliances or luck out by not being the main target. If there's an easier world to do a no diplomacy run in, its also conquest. Because even the entire world ganging up on you is still maybe 20-25 cities lost over a week if things get dicey. The entire world ganging up on you in revolt can leave your alliance bleeding out hundreds of cities over the week. People also seem to associate the 12 hour warning in the context of conquest of maybe a few cities will be attacked at a time. Here's the thing, any good alliance will just be unrelentingly attacking you and your alliance mates and set multiple revolts across 24 hour periods. You can't stack in this instance, nobody is bailing you out, flyers won't save you, LS won't save you, and you have to stop multiple CSes coming at you at once in every revolted city, which will be a lot of them, with the defense you have.

The point here is that both are different beasts that require a lot of activity and skill to excel at. Pick your poison and move on neither one is better.

DeletedUser48423

I would say Jock Rogan and headcase1 on byllis(en67) where legends of grepolis.

DeletedUser30636

I haven't played revolt for more than a month at a time since Either En Omicron or En Ithica. So its not really my place to say. Besides, the people I know of I listed a couple years ago.

Though I do have a comment about the revolt aspect a lot of conq players over look since it seems to have been debated a few times here. People think conq is harder due to how you have to play to survive. With backsnipes, no walls, the sneak ability etc. Conquest worlds, if you take a few cities a day you're considered to be doing great. In revolt worlds offensives can snag double digit cities a day, sometimes as high as 40-50 in a day by one alliance alone. Once you're out of defense, you're essentially gone unless you jump alliances or luck out by not being the main target. If there's an easier world to do a no diplomacy run in, its also conquest. Because even the entire world ganging up on you is still maybe 20-25 cities lost over a week if things get dicey. The entire world ganging up on you in revolt can leave your alliance bleeding out hundreds of cities over the week. People also seem to associate the 12 hour warning in the context of conquest of maybe a few cities will be attacked at a time. Here's the thing, any good alliance will just be unrelentingly attacking you and your alliance mates and set multiple revolts across 24 hour periods. You can't stack in this instance, nobody is bailing you out, flyers won't save you, LS won't save you, and you have to stop multiple CSes coming at you at once in every revolted city, which will be a lot of them, with the defense you have.

The point here is that both are different beasts that require a lot of activity and skill to excel at. Pick your poison and move on neither one is better.
always the way I looked at it. You can get away with only building offense if you really wanted too on conquest, plus I just got used to revolt and couldn't get into conq :p

DeletedUser42565

always the way I looked at it. You can get away with only building offense if you really wanted too on conquest, plus I just got used to revolt and couldn't get into conq :p

I am afraid you couldn't be more wrong sir!

for instance you have to hold you'r sieges in conk, and without defence you can't do that.

In revolt all you really need to hold your cities is bir and everything else attack it's very one dimensional.

DeletedUser46130

for instance you have to hold you'r sieges in conk, and without defence you can't do that.

In revolt all you really need to hold your cities is bir and everything else attack it's very one dimensional.

Not true :D, i see a bir wall i see BP, the best defense for your city is DLU, why? Cause you get far better ratios with wall 25 tower and all the researches, and you can keep golding the wall so the ratio stays in your favor. I see 5k bir im turning on double bp, i see 5k fts i move on. You need approximately 4.5k ls + and - depending on luck, so about 15 ls nukes give or take. For 5k fts you need a lot more then that, plus there is always the fear a bir nuke will appear to snipe an olu nuke or two.
There is a strategy to both revolt and conquest, both have their pros and cons its literally comparing apples to oranges, both are fruit but both have very different taste.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30636

your right haha I forgot about that part, still though. I just think that conquest kind of favors the defender and I'm not a big fan of that