Important Grepolis Quickfire GFX Competition

• Thread starter DeletedUser11965
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11965

thomas_gfx.jpg

Competition Explanation
There is a sign up sheet here. Users have two days to sign up for the competition, if you sign up, you are making a commitment to taking part in the whole competition. Due to the fact that this one will be done in a slightly different fashion to other gfx competitions, I don't want people taking part and disappearing half-way through.

This competition will last for 15 days. It will consist of three rounds, each lasting for four days. You will be given a theme and will then have four days to create a piece matching the theme, once the deadline for that round has been reached, another theme will be posted up, you will then have another four days to complete the next piece etc etc.

After 12 days, I should have three pieces from all those who entered the competition. Only then will a poll be opened that will last for three days where users will be able to vote on sets of artwork from each artist.
The artist who receives the most votes in the poll will be the winner.

Size limitations
All signatures must be no larger than 500 pixels width, and 200 pixels height (500x200).

Theme Details
  • Theme 1: Contrasts
  • Theme 2: Time
  • Theme 3: Freestyle
You will find out the theme at the start of the four days.

Rules for Submitting:

• Entries must not be pre-made.
• No RIPPING! The work should be an original. If there is any suspicion of ripping, we will ask you for proof (.psd, .xcf file etc...)
• You are only allowed one entry per theme. This entry should be PM'ed to me, and made clear as to what it is. (ie put in the pm title something about the GFX comp). Also don't send me round 3's entry when I'm still accepting round 1.
• No posting your images elsewhere in order to gain advice. That means no pm'ing it to someone, posting in CnC, or uploading it any other place on the forum.
• No gifs.

Voting Rules:

• You are allowed only one vote.
• You are NOT allowed to vote for your own set entries.
• Voting will be on a poll which will be set up shortly after the work deadline has passed.
• Please try to comment on why you voted for whichever piece as we want an active comp not some silent voting.
• Don't go posting who you think made which entry.
• Campaigning for votes will not be allowed, and revealing your work prior to the voting completion will result in a disqualification.

Prize:
First place- 300 gold and a custom image user title (150x50px)
Second Place- 200 gold and a custom text title

You can create your own image user title, it can have any text that you like on it (though it must be appropriate) and it will have to be approved by a purple.

Submission Deadlines:
Sign-up Starts: Now!
Comp opens: Tuesday 4th at 7 PM
First theme deadline: Saturday 8th at 7PM
Second theme deadline: Wednesday 12th at 7PM
Third theme deadline: Monday 17th at 7PM
Poll and competition closes: Wednesday 19th at 7PM

Times are GMT +1.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The rest of this Graphics competition will be monitored by ArShark. Please send ALL entries to him.

I would also like to thank Thomas for setting this up! :)

Good luck to all participants!

DeletedUser11965

If you have already submitted an entry, please resubmit it, as I have no records of the original creator of the piece.

DeletedUser11965

Did everyone just forgot today was the deadline? Huh...I'll give 24 more hours.

DeletedUser

I call bullcrap ! Deadline is a god damn deadline! Why should you give 24 ? What kind of is it?

There should be no extensions given. Everyone knew the deadline when they signed up. Screw this.

DeletedUser

i have had no internet for last 3 days, so i thank you for the extension.

DeletedUser

I call bullcrap ! Deadline is a god damn deadline! Why should you give 24 ? What kind of is it?

There should be no extensions given. Everyone knew the deadline when they signed up. Screw this.

But then the competition would be under populated. And also, i gave my last piece in 2 hours late because photobucket didn't like my wifi. Before saying this, understand the reasons that people would have.

DeletedUser

I understand that everybody will have an excuse, because they're like cloacas - everybody got one. But it is funny that problems arose exactly on the last day of the competition. I mean...one dude forgot, the other one did not have internet, your photobucket did not like your wi-fi. I mean, did it like it yesterday? There are many other services which will like your wi-fi, i am sure. If you are leaving, then submit your art with a note "i will be out of town". It is not like 3 days with out of internet just happened on exactly this day? so, yeah....

DeletedUser

I understand that everybody will have an excuse, because they're like cloacas - everybody got one. But it is funny that problems arose exactly on the last day of the competition. I mean...one dude forgot, the other one did not have internet, your photobucket did not like your wi-fi. I mean, did it like it yesterday? There are many other services which will like your wi-fi, i am sure. If you are leaving, then submit your art with a note "i will be out of town". It is not like 3 days with out of internet just happened on exactly this day? so, yeah....

Yes. Photobucket did like my wifi 2 days ago. But I wasn't done with my piece then. You can't say they are "excuses" when they are proper problems. Just because something doesn't go through right with you doesn't mean it doesn't have a reason. Stop jumping to conclusions.

DeletedUser

So, let me get this straight. You could not upload your work because you could not connect to Photobucket via your WI-FI connection, but you had a connection in general?

DeletedUser

So, let me get this straight. You could not upload your work because you could not connect to Photobucket via your WI-FI connection, but you had a connection in general?
No... My internet was down morning till evening. I had to use the phone app all that time to be able to actually play grep.

Status
Not open for further replies.