Grepolis Roadmap 2013 Main Feedback Thread

Richard

Strategos
MzZW0JE.png

Hello all,

This thread is intended for general feedback on the Grepolis Roadmap announced here. As interest and feedback for specific things grows, we will create new threads for individual areas.

Thanks for your input!

Richard and the team

DeletedUser

I look forward to seeing what is ahead and being able to voice our opinions on it.

slobo.c

Strategos
I see some nice stuff like new App,New City Overview,Island Quest and so but Heroes...really Inno??That will just ruin the whole game.....not having lvling heroes and related things is just why I play Grepo.....

DeletedUser

• Sound - Useless
  • Inventory - Sounds very interesting.
  • Win8 app - Useless.
  • Cost reduction - Really, this is not necessary, I can already build huge nukes in an hour.
  • Island quests - Sure, why not.
  • Hyperborea - Cool for those who want that.
  • Heroes - Could go awesomely or badly, depends on how they implement it.
  • Mobile app - Finally! love it!
  • Full screen - Why is this minor thing on this list? :p
  • New daily reward - Sounds good .
  • Trade relations - Pretty cool.
  • Rebalancing - I am afraid of this update, Grepo isn't imbalanced and they could mess the game up
  • Enhanced graphics - This isn't crysis and never will be, graphics are fine. But the graphical designers need to have a job I guess. :p
  • World wonder revamp - Yes please.
  • Graphs and stats - Death of grepostats? :D

DeletedUser

This update sounds awesome: the Islands Quests, the WW revamp and the Heroes (if done right) could be very beneficial to the gameplay. Thumbs up, grepo staff! :)

DeletedUser20415

some bad ... some nice ... some awesome ... but the question is when do we expect these stuff ?

DeletedUser11965

Sound(implemented with 2.36)
To add more epic feeling to Grepolis, there will be sounds and background music. More than 200 sounds have been produced and will be implemented in the game. The implementation of the sounds is an ongoing process and we are already planning to continuously add new sounds to the game.
I don't use it so :D

Inventory system
There will be a new option that allows you to store received rewards. You can use these rewards at any time which will provide more freedom and strategic momentum.
Some of the following features will make high usage of the inventory.
This is very interesting. Looking forward to this.

Windows 8
Grepolis is keeping up with modern technology. If you are using Windows 8 or thinking about it, you will be able to install Grepolis as a convenient app.
The app is already available in the English, German and French Windows Store.
Does not concern me

Building cost reduction
We will introduce a new premium feature that will allow you to save a small share of your resources when erecting a building. You can even start with the building if you lack the amount of resources you would otherwise save from using the building cost reduction!
This is pointless unless its the start of the world and i know where you guys are going with this :D

Island quests
All players are rulers of their own land within Grepolis. Island quests will provide a deeper feeling of this circumstance by putting you in front of hard decisions. There are several tasks to be done in order to complete island quests, which will also grant nice rewards. Each quest usually contains an aggressive and a wise decision.
very interesting, will see how this do.

Hyperborea transfer
Players who were defeated in a common game world will have the option to transfer a copy of their last conquered town to Hyperborea. This will give new players the opportunity to get to know the game in a less harsh environment.
you guys gonna need Hyperborea II at this rate

Heroes
Yep, you heard it! You will be able to acquire individuals like Hercules, Leonidas, Helen and many more.

Heroes are special units that can be leveled and each of them provides a unique effect which will greatly enhance the strategy within Grepolis.
Heroes can be unlocked with a new currency that can be earned by doing island quests. By the way, heroes can be transferred between game worlds (for free). This way, you can make your collection complete even if a game world ends.
No, no, no, no, no...this is game changing....i guess it will depend on how it is implemented

App
Do you like the Grepolis Toolbox? You will love our Grepolis App! Most features of the browser version are coming to your mobile screen with a fresh new design. Furthermore, we will continue our work on this once it's been released to make all features available in the Grepolis App at some point.
about time :D

Full-screen town overview
In the future, if you enter a city view, it will not be displayed in a window anymore. Finally you can see some of the idyllic landscape around your city!
pointless...

New daily reward – The oracle
The oracle will allow you to perform one prophecy per day and thus receiving random rewards that are different from day to day. There will even be epic rewards with whole new effects. Of course you have the chance to receive gold as well!
I have a major question for this one. Is it 1 prophecy per oracle? Or just 1 prophecy in total.

Trade relations
Trade relations are a new way to establish small scale alliances between two players. If you care about your trade relations, they will level up and thus you can unlock benefits that provide global effects. Each player can only have up to five trade relations, so choose your partners wisely.
gonna love this one

Rebalancing
As you know, some units, researches and special buildings are quite unpopular. We will change some values, while some things might be replaced by completely new content in order to make every unit, research or special building a viable option.
all units are useful but the divine envoy and like 1 or 2 myth units; special buildings...yup haha

Enhanced graphic animations
We want the game to provide a more vivid look by adding new and enhanced animations to the cities and the world map.
nty

World wonder revamp
Currently, world wonders do not work the way we originally hoped for. Grepolis is about epic fights and an ongoing war. The world wonders will be changed to significantly motivate all players to crush their enemies' heads.
please come before Lindos's WW

Graphs and statistics
Ever wondered on how well you performed in a given situation? We will provide a new tab in your profile that will give you all the interesting data to be watched!
Can we make this private and public?

Might as well call this update to Grepolis 3.0

DeletedUser27700

It is not one bulk update guys :D

It says these are things to come in 2013

DeletedUser6029

I didn't read all that...been playing this game to long to worry about their brainstorms. I went from 1.0 to 2.0....meh :D But I lived with it. It is what it is, now I just roll with the flow. I would like to say the mobile app while awesome to keep in contact, it is a beast to launch from. No records of your movements, which is kinda important if you are timing. I launched a CS and fubar'd it...AS IF!!! :D

DeletedUser20415

Sound(implemented with 2.36)
To add more epic feeling to Grepolis, there will be sounds and background music. More than 200 sounds have been produced and will be implemented in the game. The implementation of the sounds is an ongoing process and we are already planning to continuously add new sounds to the game.

very nice ... but that make the game very very slow and start lagging and collapsing ... so no thx

New daily reward – The oracle
The oracle will allow you to perform one prophecy per day and thus receiving random rewards that are different from day to day. There will even be epic rewards with whole new effects. Of course you have the chance to receive gold as well!

Very nice but I suppose here we get a specific random daily rewards is per existence of oracle or per number of oracles or the daily gift it self will be effected by how many oracles ?

Inventory system
There will be a new option that allows you to store received rewards. You can use these rewards at any time which will provide more freedom and strategic momentum.
Some of the following features will make high usage of the inventory.
this is very interesting ...

Island quests
All players are rulers of their own land within Grepolis. Island quests will provide a deeper feeling of this circumstance by putting you in front of hard decisions. There are several tasks to be done in order to complete island quests, which will also grant nice rewards. Each quest usually contains an aggressive and a wise decision.
curious to see these island quests,
Heroes
Yep, you heard it! You will be able to acquire individuals like Hercules, Leonidas, Helen and many more.

Heroes are special units that can be leveled and each of them provides a unique effect which will greatly enhance the strategy within Grepolis.
Heroes can be unlocked with a new currency that can be earned by doing island quests. By the way, heroes can be transferred between game worlds (for free). This way, you can make your collection complete even if a game world ends.

this is VERY VERY exciting ....

all the rest are good 2 thought ... just tired of editing

DeletedUser

Great. More job responsibilities... Now i have to shell out prophecies every day.
Sheeesh.

Sounds good to me! Though, that rebalancing update does sound ominous.

DeletedUser

"I have a major question for this one. Is it 1 prophecy per oracle? Or just 1 prophecy in total."

The post said 'One prophecy per day.' Unless it's poorly worded then it will be one prophecy in total.

DeletedUser13405

Currently, world wonders do not work the way we originally hoped for. Grepolis is about epic fights and an ongoing war. The world wonders will be changed to significantly motivate all players to crush their enemies' heads.

WOW! Appreciate the honesty there.

Wish you all listened when the 1.26 world players did not want them and did not want 2.0. I hope you guys will be more open to player feedback for any new innovations. But I guess that is part of the United concept.

Kudos for admitting it though.

DeletedUser

"I have a major question for this one. Is it 1 prophecy per oracle? Or just 1 prophecy in total."

The post said 'One prophecy per day.' Unless it's poorly worded then it will be one prophecy in total.

Please do not confuse this with the special building "oracle".

"The oracle prophecies" is the name of the new daily reward. You will only be able to fetch 1 reward per day. ;)

DeletedUser

Yaaaaay. Work. :p

I do like the cutting build times. I may have a chance at the start of worlds now. :D

DeletedUser

I LOVE the sound of the WW rebalancing, and unit/building rebalancing. As for the cut resource thing, i think it might be going a bit far giving permium players more advantage, but i will be open to it and wait and see. Heroes..... Meh as long as they give good BP's when i kill them.

DeletedUser

Heroes sounds terrible to be honest, I have come from games that had those "heroes" because they are just more work & too be honest I would HATE to see it come into this game.

I honestly don't see me staying in the game if it is as annoying as it sounds, I would like to see them put maybe in some worlds? while other remain hero free, such as another world option.

DeletedUser

You know nothing about them! How can you say they will be bad?

I am imagining them being a bit like myth units, except better. Why is that bad?

DeletedUser

I am imagining them as heroes like in other strategy games- which I 100% HATE. I just don't see the need for them. Seems like a lot of extra work, when i'd rather just play with the current units & im sure it will become another advantage for gold users (I use gold but not often enough to keep up with others that do buy a lot)

It just seems that in strategy games these "heroes" always become a premium sort of service such as level up quick? Buy gold & you will win every battle.

So im not a fan of that, but everything else sounds nice, will have to see if its worth it :)

Last edited by a moderator: