Grepolis Roadmap 2013 Main Feedback Thread

DeletedUser27793

I love all the updates :D
But i fear how the hero system is gonna work out
Depends on how it is implemented

DeletedUser25380

Great to see the roadmap

First, thanks for putting the roadmap.
Second, thanks for asking for feedback. May I suggest that you make an ingame announcement with a link to this thread? Many players don't venture in the externals forums.

Onto the specifics: there are tons of great ideas in there, some of little use for me, and some "worrisome".

Heroes: worrisome::heh:: not quite sure what impact being able to bring them across world will do, I suspect that strategies will come up to make use of that. It seems that this is an attempt at creating longer term loyalty to the game? Will people create a bunch of world accounts and seldom use them? If the benefits have a lot of value, it will increase the difference of levels between new players and experienced players and will drive more new players out, if it is of little value, then it will be a "why bother". It also may change the goals of the players, the same way the wonders did.

Building cost reduction:worrisome::heh::
Will very likely increase the difference between gold players and free players.

Hyperborea: good :D
Some players seem to have a bad experience early on, and get very discouraged. Good idea. Another suggestion would be maybe that the first city cannot be conquered (could start only at second one? not sure, could be an idea for discussion, I didn't think this through).

Other comment: "another task to do" (Oracle,..): :heh:
I agree with another comment made that some of these (oracle, ..) will be yet another task to do. When one gets over 30 cities, it becomes a tedious list of "things to do" which become like chores. In particular, a "farm all" button is badly needed, I am surprised it isn't on the list (would be similar to the "run festivals everywhere" button).

Trades::D Sounds intriguing. Good. A new strategy aspect in the game.

Island quests:D:
Island quests could be good, depends on how implemented.

Inventory system: Good::D
Rebalancing etc.: sounds good :D

Sound, Windows8, city overview change: Indifferent or won't be using

and a comment on building times: the game is really fast at first (especially for experienced players), then the long building times start, and it gets longer and longer and longer... then when you have several cities it's about spending some time on all to maintain them, not so bad, and you have spells to use. In the latter parts of the game you acquire fully built cities so long building times aren't a problem any longer but the amount of chores is (sheer volume). My point is: the first city's building times are painful. Of course one can use gold. But maybe it could be a little less exponentially increasing. Or maybe it could be faster build, then a "break" (call it a workers breaktime) so players can go on with their RL and do things like sleeping :eek: . I think the long build time also explains the reason a lot of players who get their first city conquered get so frustrated and leave.

I know, that's off-topic, but since there is a cost reduction premium coming, I felt it wasn't totally off topic...And feel free to ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6029

Or maybe it could be faster build, then a "break" (call it a workers breaktime) so players can go on with their RL and do things like sleeping

You do realize they make money on addiction right? Grepo addicts is a group and it isn't just a joke. We call ourselves groupies, hookers, you name it.....but you miss the part of that is the point.

DeletedUser37666

This is my 2 cents ;)

Heroes: I guess it depends on how it is implemented, I am hoping for like super myth units or something like that. If 'heroes' do change the strength of other units I think this would be a downfall as it would make more 'newer' players conquered and give up the game. :rolleyes:

Building Cost Reduction: Does this involve gold or the island money thing? If it is gold it will definitely part the gold whores from the non gold users...

Hyperborea: I like this :) but players could take advantage of this and purposely lose their last city which is 13716 points... :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser30490

i love it all :D
really interested in seeing what these heroes can do

DeletedUser

Great features, I really can't wait. Please hire more programmers and do this sooner :p

DeletedUser

Sounds good to me guys! I especially like the hero's idea. Bringing a new twist to the game I have grown to love intrigues me. :)

DeletedUser

Three things that need to be addressed are

#1 Farming - we need to have a button where you can do ALL your islands at once. It's a real pain doing it one island at a time. I have 49 cities on about 35 islands so it takes way too long. It would be so much better if I can just check box all the islands I want to farm another check box if I have 2 cities on the same island and then another for what time frame I would like...The submit it and I am done.

#2 Bireme wall - While I understand Grepo is skewed to the Defense it's a real pain when someone just loads up 6000 Biremes but he did not waster any resources on his wall or troops. The wall should be counted toward their Bireme strength. I know if I send support to someone and if the wall is zero my troops die much easier BUT I attacked someone the other day he had 4000 Bireme and I sent just about the same and he eventually held me off but I need to build troops, FT and also LS and a CS while he left his wall at zero and had no troops at all.

I Know a lot of players are sick of that and actually left the game because that turtle city your are going up against can build more Biremes than you can build LS if he does not waste any resources on the wall, barracks, quarry, troops etc etc

#3 - Love Tri's but either lower the pop or make them cheaper but no one builds them because they are not as strong as LS, But stronger than Bitremes, but they are way too slow to use for support and the cost is more than if you just built biremes and LS separately. Right now Tri's are basically a joke and the only people using them arte noobs

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25380

You do realize they make money on addiction right? Grepo addicts is a group and it isn't just a joke. We call ourselves groupies, hookers, you name it.....but you miss the part of that is the point.
You're so right about that :( the only way I can get sober is by kicking myself out - maybe it should be "grepolis anonymous" instead of "grepolis united"

DeletedUser39779

like it but as i am still quite new to Grepolis i don't really have much to compare it to but i like how you are giving us an option to yay or nay an idea but could they not keep hero's on certain worlds so those who want them can play with them and those who don't can just stay without hero's, As for existing worlds they could always do a world vote to see if majority of the people on the world would like them

just a thought
DC

DeletedUser5757

i like most things on this list, but there is one thing i cannot let go unnoticed,
by making heroes, you effectively destroy new player's fair chance on a new world....
by making a unit that becomes stronger, and better in time, and is valid on all world you play, you really destroy the idea of having a new start on every new world....
heroes are fine, just dont make it so that they can change world...

DeletedUser345

Here is my opinion;

• Sound(implemented with 2.36)

I am pretty indifferent to this as I will probably still play with my sounds off so I'm not really concerned. The only thing I will say is that this implementation shouldn't effect game speed etc. otherwise I will not be impressed.

6/10

• Inventory system
    This is simplifying what currently happens which is always a good thing :) you can save your reward at the moment however by enabling you to carry on with other quests at the same time is a positive aspect to gameplay.

8/10

• Windows 8

I use Windows 8 on my laptop so depending on how good the app is then I may or may not use it, is the post insinuating it is already out?

7/10

• Building cost reduction

Another ridiculous premium feature making the game further unbalanced, this will especially affect the start of worlds as you can effectively buy resources to use on your buildings.

0/10

• Island quests

I can see this as only having a positive impact however there doesn't seem to be much flesh behind it at the moment so it needs development.

8/10

• Hyperborea transfer

I think this is a good idea to help newer players and stop them from quitting on the spot however it also encourages simming and a lack of fighting in the next generation of players which is a bad thing.

5/10

• Heroes
    Three years on and my idea is getting implemented :cool: Obviously this is a big change however I think I will enjoy a bit of new variety, especially in units. Consideration needs to be considered over unbalancing new worlds for example a player would have a massive advantage if he brought over all his fully leveled up heroes. One thing that I would disagree with however is that Leonidas is not a hero and it will be very annoying to have the Sparta fanboys throwing him into battle, although I can imagine every kill on one will be a great moment of ecstasy.

10/10

• App

Brilliant, this will greatly improve player's performance.

10/10

• Full-screen town overview

Not sure what this will entail, could look quite nice however as long as it doesn't effect game speed.

7/10

• New daily reward – The oracle

Everyone likes something which adds spice to the game.

8/10

• Trade relations

Sounds like a cool idea and I think it could work.

9/10

• Rebalancing

I am slightly wary over this however if you do it right then it will improve the game and add some variety but alternatively it could completely imbalance it.

6/10

• Enhanced graphic animations

I feel I have been unusually positive towards Innogames in this review of upcoming features so I'll have to give this a zero. In seriousness however I think it would be a positive thing but only if it doesn't effect game speed, worried it might however.

6/10

• World wonder revamp

Hallelujah.

∞/10

• Graphs and statistics

This will be a nice addition, can only seeing it benefit the game and will be an interesting new feature.

10/10

Not sure how I am saying this but good job inno, I've been one to criticize in the past but if you've done well then I'll also be flowing in my praise. Some positive new aspects and features which will spice up the game, only negative is the new premium feature and I hope other people will also feel negatively about it.

Cheers,
~Ach

DeletedUser

Research Fast Transport at Level 6????

Ummm... I think there may be a problem with your research tree.....
Why am I asked to research a Level 22 (Fast Transport), when I am only at Level 6?
This is kinda pointless isnt it?:eek:

DeletedUser345

Ummm... I think there may be a problem with your research tree.....
Why am I asked to research a Level 22 (Fast Transport), when I am only at Level 6?
This is kinda pointless isnt it?:eek:

Its a quest i.e. you usually haven't already done it when it gets set, therefore you have something to work towards.

DeletedUser

I didn't read all that...been playing this game to long to worry about their brainstorms. I went from 1.0 to 2.0....meh :D But I lived with it. It is what it is, now I just roll with the flow. I would like to say the mobile app while awesome to keep in contact, it is a beast to launch from. No records of your movements, which is kinda important if you are timing. I launched a CS and fubar'd it...AS IF!!! :D

The mobile app did have all that records of troop movements, attack movements so you could see who was attacking and who you were supporting.
When they changed and updated with the new Grepolis this is now missing on the mobile app, can we have it back please as was said above if you cant see the records of movements and attack or support could be placed either side of the time you want it to be..

DeletedUser

do the heroes include immortal ones like heracles(hercules)and achilles because i would really like that if its possible as i am really into those type of heroes please send me more info through the game itself

DeletedUser958

After a 2 year break i have missed a lot of major changes (there is quests now, world wonders, new conquer system etc.)
And as Achilles said the hero system was proposed a long time ago (back when i played) and now it's finally coming!
So i'm really looking forward to see what it's going to be like :)

DeletedUser31161

Sound(implemented with 2.36)
- I liked the quite.. lol

Inventory system
Dont exactly understand it but i am going to go with no

Windows 8
-Another app!

Building cost reduction
You will ruin grepolis by making more and more of it gold. I am telling you. This is the biggest no i will give!

Island quests
- I think i have seen these on other games before... Also a big no!

Hyperborea transfer
- I dont really care. Grepolis without war is not grepolis.

Heroes
- A big no! I think grepolis is one of the best games i have played. All the general ideas and war ideas are already great. There is really no need to put more in or change any! Actually it only makes it worse!

App
- Never used the app in the first place.

Full-screen town overview
- Not necessary though i guess cool. Though if i was grepolis i would add an option do either make it a window or full screen in the settings

New daily reward – The oracle
-Cool.

Trade relations
-Hmmm.. this might be interesting.

Rebalancing
- Not neccisary but I dont know exactly what it is that we are talking about.... although the right hand collum special buildings are quite sad.

Enhanced graphic animations
- Not necessary but ok...

World wonder revamp
-Finally. This is probably the best update you will have.

Graphs and statistics
-This might be good...

As you can see i am a really big hater of new ideas. I believe grepolis is fine the