Grepolis Roadmap 2014 Discussion Thread

Richard

Strategos
MzZW0JE.png

Hello all,

This thread is intended for general feedback on the Grepolis Roadmap 2014 announced here. As interest and feedback for specific things grows, we will create new threads for individual areas.

Thanks for your input!

Richard and the team

DeletedUser

Wow I can't wait for these changes :D

only thing I don't like is the bonuses for gold buyers. Doesn't buying gold already put them ahead? No need to widen the gap

DeletedUser38224

That's kind of what I'm thinking, I would say it depends on what the bonus is, but Any in-game advantage you can buy with real money is almost never a good sign.

DeletedUser29066

As usual, the devil will be in the details for many of these changes, but I like the general direction

DeletedUser

Grepolis is already seen as a gold investor paradise for browser games. Before I joinged, it was the only thing I could find in comments about the game. Honestly, now that I played it...doesn't seem so much gold dependent, but the advisors are so important. However, an extra bonus for gold doesn't seem a good idea. Taking the fun out of the game and turning it into a business...

DeletedUser

Just a thought (and not an original one) - how about, as far as God(esse)s are concerned, the system that many games employ where you choose from a group of spell categories (as suggested in the update), and over time you can upgrade the specific spells you choose? I'm sure someone can fill us in on the name for this kind of leveling up.

DeletedUser

Just a thought (and not an original one) - how about, as far as God(esse)s are concerned, the system that many games employ where you choose from a group of spell categories (as suggested in the update), and over time you can upgrade the specific spells you choose? I'm sure someone can fill us in on the name for this kind of leveling up.

This idea has been suggested in the ideas section.

Can't wait for the new city overview, and the end game revamp sounds interesting :D

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Unfortunately for me the real issues with Grepolis have not been addressed and you are not even allowed to discuss them in this forum.

Most of the players I have progressed with over the last 3 years feel the same way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like your general ideas. I would especially like to address the Gods part, especially by saying that Ancient Greece had a lot more gods than just 5. And I'm not talking minor deities, I'm talking major Gods - Athena, Ares, Aphrodite, Demeter, Hephaestus, Hermes, Apollo, Hestia, Dionysus. So why add more spells to current Gods, when you cand add these new spells you have in mind, to new Gods, and complete the image of Greece. Hit 2 birds with one rock.
I've seen you referenced Age of Empires....How about Age of Mythology? Have you played that? Maybe a little "God-like" inspiration could be drawn from there. :)

DeletedUser17523

Im glad to see that the World Wonder system is being edited. I stopped playing around the time they were implemented, but am starting to get back into the game with the promise of change ahead.

DeletedUser

one thing that has separated this game from every other game is the fact that there is not a SINGLE unit/troop/building that could ONLY be purchased with gold - sure you can speed things up / make them stronger etc - but all units/troops/buildings were on an equal footing for gold and non-gold users

I hope this remains the same

DeletedUser45085

i think gold is relatively cheap compared to many other similar browser games I've played. I only hope that the perks they offer aren't too much as i have seen some games rapidly lose players due to outspending (its a fine balance keeping the game appealing and making money out of it, and a very difficult job tbh). I also think that the casual game might fail for lack of players who like a challenge, and they are the ones that make servers interesting. But I'm very excited regarding the rest of the ideas.

DeletedUser42857

most of the roadmap im not that worried about..

but easter event..

Easter Event
Jason's hen from the underworld will arrive! This year's Easter event will be different than the previous two. It's much more similar to the last Halloween event, as you will make the hen create mysterious eggs depending on the chosen diet of the hen. Stay tuned for awesome rewards!

oh yeh... Halloween replay. harpy nukes. Woohoo..

time to invest in some archers.

DeletedUser42857

Bundles & Packages
Teasing and rewarding Gold purchases is important to us. We will introduce a nice addition so players will get some predetermined items / rewards upon purchasing certain Gold packages.

So basically as well as buying gold players will be buying rewards too. Is that a reward to the gold buyers, or further incentive for people to spend more money. ;)

DeletedUser32498

Hopefuly grepo improves this year a lot. I would like to see longer lasting worlds and worlds that don't open frequently. Smilodon was onto something that many people have been thinking about...

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Hopefuly grepo improves this year a lot. I would like to see longer lasting worlds and worlds that don't open frequently. Smilodon was onto something that many people have been thinking about...

I wouldn't hold out too much hope on that score. You can't even discuss the real problems.