Grepolis Roadmap 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

I've been waiting for a year to see the rebalancing. This should be prioritized. Another feature I like the most after rebalancing is new gods, with associated new spells and mythical units. That would open up this game even more. There are so many ideas from the community on the forums it won't be hard coming up with new units at all.

DeletedUser9320

I'd like to see some big changes to WW and rebalancing. Also, the daily log-in reward is very annoying because even if you log in 30 days in a row it resets. Most games have it that you max out after 5-10 days and always get the largest reward the following days (until you don't log in again, and it resets).

I am also looking forward to an improvement in graphs and statistics, putting this at the wall would be nice to see exactly what our troops have done, etc.

Lastly, it would be cool to have an animation for attack and defense reports that show something like a map with dots representing units. In the most simple form, blue dots are yours, red dots are the enemy's. The animation would start with full troop count of what you sent v.s. the enemy defended with and the dots would begin to disappear meaning they died. At the end if you one the battle (killed all enemy defenses) only blue dots would remain, if you lost, only red dots would remain. If this got more technical, different colors or shapes could be used for ships and units (ships as triangles, dots and troops) and if transports were sunk with troops on them, it would show a triangle disappear with dots on them. It would be a representation of a battle but simple and personalized for the troops you had, or at least quantity personalized (100 Ls = 20 triangles, 50 LS = 10 triangles), etc. This could be optional obviously for people that just want the report and no animation.

Something like this:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/16/video-undefined-1A25BF4D00000578-303_636x358.jpg

DeletedUser38224

So... What happens when the defender has 100,000 units in his town, or when you're attacking with over a thousand units?

Maybe it works when you have like 10 units that you're attacking with.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Whats the deal with WW revamping? Can we get more detail on this?

DeletedUser36819

developments

Hello

Great to hear you are always looking for improvements. I really enjoy the events. Its a good break from the normal routine and gives incentive for logging in.

What I would like to see is the ability to lock a report that way you can easily delete the multitude of reports that comes through on attacks or defenses without spending hours carefully sifting through to not delete the reports that really matters.

DeletedUser38224

Nobodies going to care about your idea here, best to format it and suggest it in the Ideas section(Please, Please read the thread that's called "Please read before posting" beforehand).

DeletedUser45229

I think Artemis should be allowed in all worlds especially because of his rock spell. It can be very hard to come by rock without him. I also think that there should be a more complex attack and defense control. There should be a front wall and two side walls that the attacker can choose to send troops to. If he decides to stack one side of the wall with attacks, than they will fight the units that were on the wall inside. The defense should get to choose whether they want there troops on the wall, or inside the castle, and the bigger the wall, the more troops can be on it. The wall would make them do better. With a tower, you would be able to add more defensive troops to the wall, increasing their fighting abilities. The attackers would get to choose what they want to send in different waves of attacks. The ships fighting would not be effected by the wall, and would not be able to be arranged.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

I think Artemis should be allowed in all worlds especially because of his rock spell. It can be very hard to come by rock without him. I also think that there should be a more complex attack and defense control. There should be a front wall and two side walls that the attacker can choose to send troops to. If he decides to stack one side of the wall with attacks, than they will fight the units that were on the wall inside. The defense should get to choose whether they want there troops on the wall, or inside the castle, and the bigger the wall, the more troops can be on it. The wall would make them do better. With a tower, you would be able to add more defensive troops to the wall, increasing their fighting abilities. The attackers would get to choose what they want to send in different waves of attacks. The ships fighting would not be effected by the wall, and would not be able to be arranged.

1. Artemis is a she, not a he.

Nobodies going to care about your idea here, best to format it and suggest it in the Ideas section(Please, Please read the thread that's called "Please read before posting" beforehand).

DeletedUser

Wasn't overly impressed with the implementation of the 2013 Roadmap, so am not expecting too much with this one for 2014.

Like many, i agree that anything that makes the end game a different proposition is to be welcomed. Similarly with regards re-balancing.

Let's be honest here, this is a business decision that is intended to draw more people who are willing to spend money into the game. I don't use gold and am extremely grateful that i have the opportunity to play this game for free, so can't really knock InnoGames, but there's a pretty solid reason i'm not willing to shell out on Grepo yet.

Pre-facing an annual Roadmap (in the middle of March) with the fact it "may shift slightly", as well as generalising almost all the exciting updates we'll 'possibly' be seeing in the next 8 months or so, doesn't really fill me with confidence; let alone entices me to pay for things i'm pretty sure won't see the light of day for a good couple of years.

Tell you what, let's make a side bet. If IG manages to implement a change to the World Wonders by the end of 2014, i'll buy some gold in 2015. Seeing as this was promised in 2013 and here we are nearing the end of Q1 and y'all don't even have a concept yet, i reckon i'll be back here with my hand in my pocket in 12 months time. Or how about double or quits? I'll buy some gold tomorrow if, "In the spirit of openness and transparency" you edit this to be the Grepolis Wish List 2014.

DeletedUser

I often wonder if suggestions in the road map are made by players or someone who thinks they know what players want. Seriously, spending anytime on the town overview is more than a waste of time considering bugs, player requests, etc. I get that some critics or some graphics folks might find that interesting and therefore inno thinks the players care. I cannot shut down that window fast enough to pull up the senate or the island map to determine what I am going to do next. If you wanted to do something along these lines to be useful/helpful to the game, allow the players to select a default view when they switch cities rather than have that graphic pop up with a visualization of the city build.

DeletedUser19930

I scrolled down the sub titles looking for something similar to = NEW! Beating Cheats ........................ and there was nothing.............!!!!

I have seen so many great teammates leave this game because of the cheating that goes on. Nothing worse than playing for over a year and then end up losing to cheats. Its in the hands of the Grepolis TEAM to sort it out - PLEASE!!!!!

DeletedUser46418

I am very interested to see casual worlds. It has never made sense to me that a player can spend hour after hour and day after day building a city only to have it taken off him when its his only one and to have to start all over again with zilch! A capital city is the only way to go. Grepolis must lose an awful lot of disappointed potential spenders the way it is at the moment.

DeletedUser32498

I'd just like to point out one prominent thing. A capital city is not going to work. Sorry to disappoint many but I can give examples of how it won't. If you noticed there are really good friends in this game usually from many other worlds. I had the opportunity to briefly play in Katane by recieving an invitation link from Admiral Naji and joined his alliance Unwritten Symphony. now when this happens most of the players ended up forming early core islands. Now basically the ones who have capital cities on core islands have a complete advantage if this whole capital city idea is implemented. How is someone supposed to deal with this in this certain siuation? When WW advances later in the world this capital city idea on WW islands prevents people from losing cities. That's the whole poitn of the game is to try and take cities from your enemy on a WW island.

Also what if a players had like 30+ cities. Isn't he still likely to quit if he has his one capital city left? Many players rage quit if they are spontaneously attacked. I think it's an unfair advantage to have capital cities. Even more so if your oppenent only has that one city,

DeletedUser44426

I'd just like to point out one prominent thing. A capital city is not going to work. Sorry to disappoint many but I can give examples of how it won't. If you noticed there are really good friends in this game usually from many other worlds. I had the opportunity to briefly play in Katane by recieving an invitation link from Admiral Naji and joined his alliance Unwritten Symphony. now when this happens most of the players ended up forming early core islands. Now basically the ones who have capital cities on core islands have a complete advantage if this whole capital city idea is implemented. How is someone supposed to deal with this in this certain siuation? When WW advances later in the world this capital city idea on WW islands prevents people from losing cities. That's the whole poitn of the game is to try and take cities from your enemy on a WW island.

Also what if a players had like 30+ cities. Isn't he still likely to quit if he has his one capital city left? Many players rage quit if they are spontaneously attacked. I think it's an unfair advantage to have capital cities. Even more so if your oppenent only has that one city,

Im pretty sure Inno isnt stupid enough to allow that. Why point out something that is obviously known by the creators........duh!

DeletedUser

Im pretty sure Inno isnt stupid enough to allow that. Why point out something that is obviously known by the creators........duh!

You are kidding right? Did you even read that roadmap, more than half of it is rubbish none of which will improve the game play. For example, who cares about a town view (showing the pretty little buildings) in full screen? Not to mention the problem it will pose on mobile devices. There are known bugs throughout grepo, not to mention other things that players are asking for that didn't make the roadmap. Another user pointing out the problem with a capital as it relates to an important aspect of the game (WW) is pretty spot on actually.

DeletedUser32498

You are kidding right? Did you even read that roadmap, more than half of it is rubbish none of which will improve the game play. For example, who cares about a town view (showing the pretty little buildings) in full screen? Not to mention the problem it will pose on mobile devices. There are known bugs throughout grepo, not to mention other things that players are asking for that didn't make the roadmap. Another user pointing out the problem with a capital as it relates to an important aspect of the game (WW) is pretty spot on actually.

+rep,,,,,