Grepolis unaccessible - what is happening - and who sorts the mess out.

DeletedUser25483

Since last night (abt 3:00am GMT) I and many other players from Grepolis have had issues with connecting to the game to play. This is due to Grepolis unexpectedly going down.

Since this has been the case 1 city has been lost because a player couldnt get into the game to snipe a CS.

So what compensation does this player get ?

He has lost a crucial frontline city, not because he hasnt the skill to snipe the CS but because GREPOLIS dont seem to be able to keep themselves online. Is this fair ? I THINK NOT....

Will he get his city back ???????????????????????????????????

My other gripe is trying to earn gold coins by filling out surveys - dont bother doing this players, because you dont get the gold from the game. I have done this several times now, filling out all the correct details = no gold, and an inbox full of spam and viruses - just a warning to other gameplayers. As for videos, you might get lucky to watch one a week, so thats oh seven weeks before you can have enough gold to half the building time - worth it - NOT

DeletedUser

I applaud your ability to sit through a full survey :D I hit continue a few times and im just like nope and exit out lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

I would like to remind those of you who feel that some sort of compensation should be granted due to the unfortunate down-time last night, that the InnoGames General Terms and Conditions state the following in respect of this:

13.1 The license agreement grants the User the possibility to use the games. There is no entitlement to use a particular version of the game or to maintain or bring about a certain condition / functionality. The User is aware that the games offered by InnoGames - just as any software - can never be completely free of defects. Consequently, a defective game can only be assumed if there is a serious and lasting disruption.

13.2 InnoGames does not guarantee accessibility; however, it endeavours to create a high accessibility of the games. Downtimes can also occur during periods of regular maintenance of the games, which is only possible in an offline mode, or due to force majeure or non-accessibility caused by external manipulation. Claims by the User, in particular claims for damages, do not arise from this.

All players agree to this when joining the game.

As for the issue with SponsorPay, they are a 3rd Party with whom any complaints about their service should be directed to them. This can be done through the FAQs on their site.

DeletedUser30211

Inno can do as they see fit. And i have no objection to that. I signed up to play this game on Inno's terms.
The question is, will i continue to play if i feel shunted? Inno has no obligation to do anything based on any feedback.

But thats not what Inno is. Its a an organization that looks after its own. Customers may not always be right, but they have a right to air greviences.

This is NOT about 'do we deserve a compensation'.
Inno reserves a right not to compensate anyone. This was not a breach of rules.

Would i like a token of appreciation though? Obviously.
If my ISP turned off my internet for an hour, do i deserve compensation? No. Would i want one? Yes. Should i get some? ethically yes. But in a capitalist world ... the question is ... was the outage bad enough for me to switch to a competitor ...
As a one off thing, Inno deserves a break. Stuff happens.

But seriously, how much will it cost Inno for giving 50 gold to every person affected? In terms of real costs.

I'll be honest, i was not online and i was not affected. and 50 gold doesn't get me anywhere. I would be happy with apology. I am sure Inno will do that at some point.

Last edited by a moderator: