Grepolis United: Videocasts Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

You think Inno makes decisions based on those who post in the forums?
Let me sell you some beach front land in Kentucky....

I think that what they hear on the forums doesn't go un noticed & if more people would speak up rather than saying to themselves" oh Ill let the rest handle it, my say doesn't matter" that this idea would be thrown out the window.

DeletedUser6029

I think that what they hear on the forums doesn't go un noticed & if more people would speak up rather than saying to themselves" oh Ill let the rest handle it, my say doesn't matter" that this idea would be thrown out the window.
*cough cough* That is not what you are saying. You are using the age old threat that "most people blah blah blah, so you better better better rethink your course of action because out of the 4 people who said no on the forum, they represent the majority, and you best listen to me if you want to be successful" argument. And I informed you that this isn't the first time Inno has heard this threat, gripe, beach, groan, etc etc etc.

And now I have given you back up to show you that your argument will not work and why it will not work. Of course they listen to the people on the forum, but lets not say "most" when that is blatantly untrue...just saying.

DeletedUser

I believe I said that on the forums, so I don't think you would know what im talking about :D please re-read my posts before posting

DeletedUser

Of course we listen to the concerns of the community. I am checking the EN and DE forums multiple times a day and carefully read every feedback, especially feedback regarding our new roadmap and the latest updates.

On the other hand, it is true that the people on the forum are just a small portion of our whole player base. As far as I know, even less than 5% of our active players use the forum at all. While there are concerns about certain topics, i.e. heroes, we have to think of other ways on how to get a representative opinion from our community. That's only fair.

I have to mention that I started to think about some changes regarding the hero-concept due to the raised concerns. I do not take this lightly! Community feedback is a valuable source when it comes to reviewing a concept from different perspectives... :)

DeletedUser

I like all the improvements. But they still need to input more and new units to make the game a little more in-depth.

*Edit* Heros I am unsure of, it all depends on how the developers input them. Hopefully they will be an improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the part about the heroes continuing on to the other worlds would be an encouragement to continue playing/complete quests/etc. (Goodness dom, you've really been raging lately :eek:)

ofcourse it will encourage to keep on playing into a new world, no doubts about that. and i was thinking a little more about it, it does not mather if a hero brings it's stats allong to the new world, morale will cancel out the difference between a veteran and a new player

did you liked my idea about the skill points ?
like that you can choose your own path, are you gonna play agressive, defensive etc etc.

Of course we listen to the concerns of the community. I am checking the EN and DE forums multiple times a day and carefully read every feedback, especially feedback regarding our new roadmap and the latest updates.

On the other hand, it is true that the people on the forum are just a small portion of our whole player base. As far as I know, even less than 5% of our active players use the forum at all. While there are concerns about certain topics, i.e. heroes, we have to think of other ways on how to get a representative opinion from our community. That's only fair.

I have to mention that I started to think about some changes regarding the hero-concept due to the raised concerns. I do not take this lightly! Community feedback is a valuable source when it comes to reviewing a concept from different perspectives... :)

maybe could sent ingame survey's, like the announcements
like for example:

We are planning to put hero's in grepolis, this and that is the concept etc etc..

Vote:

Yes i like it, hurry up with those heroes please
Yes i like it, but the concept needs some chances
No i don't like it, i like grepolis the way it is

P.S. Sign up to the forum to see the survey's results and make your voice count twice, leave your comment in "thread", etc etc

Something like that could maybe get more grepomembers joining the forum

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

maybe could sent ingame survey's, like the announcements
like for example:

We are planning to put hero's in grepolis, this and that is the concept etc etc..

Vote:

Yes i like it, hurry up with those heroes please
Yes i like it, but the concept needs some chances
No i don't like it, i like grepolis the way it is

P.S. Sign up to the forum to see the survey's results and make your voice count twice, leave your comment in "thread", etc etc

Something like that could maybe get more grepomembers joining the forum

I agree

DeletedUser345

You don't want this... trust me.

When 2.0 came out their was far far more outcry than this minor hero complaint. Innogames sent out an internal survey with more propaganda in it than all the USSR's and North Korea's media combined. New players with absolutely no knowledge and who 99% will have quit by now all voted for it and totally ruined one of the great aspects of the game.

DeletedUser

then there should be a voting requirement or something lol, I don't know- i'd just rather have some sort of vote on it- even if it is not formal, just to see what people think.

DeletedUser

then there should be a voting requirement or something lol, I don't know- i'd just rather have some sort of vote on it- even if it is not formal, just to see what people think.

As already mentioned in the podcast, there will be a monthly feature voting. You will be able to rate ideas and suggestions there. If an idea / suggestion receives major refusal, then we will think about concept changes while listening to improvement suggestions made by the community.

We are totally serious about "Grepolis United" and we absolutely want to let you feel involved!

DeletedUser

Hero idea, will kill this game as far as veterans are concerned.
Why do we have to copy other games, when Grepo is so unique without these gimmicks !
If it aint broke don't fix it :)

Chev.

I agree with the bolded. Other games have Heros - nothing unique about it. They can be fun though, if done right. Wont necessarily kill the game.

The two major differences between grepolis and similar games are (i) the lack of huge central armies and (ii) the inability to destroy cities. If those two things stay constant, a Hero wont affect the game one way or the other very much. Might just be fun missions to go on, cool animation and easy rewards to collect.

DeletedUser

I agree with the bolded. Other games have Heros - nothing unique about it. They can be fun though, if done right. Wont necessarily kill the game.

The two major differences between grepolis and similar games are (i) the lack of huge central armies and (ii) the inability to destroy cities. If those two things stay constant, a Hero wont affect the game one way or the other very much.

Exactly. Grepolis is special (compared to other strategy games) due to the following aspects:
- There are the gods from ancient greece
- Grepolis has a harsh rule set - conquering, killing, few ways to protect yourself while offline
- The setting!

These things will not change by introducing the heroes. On top of that, the heroes will not work in the same way as in other browser games. Each of them will be completely unique. ;)

DeletedUser

I am on the beta server now and have a suggestion that I would like to make. This is the lay out found under the senate under the beta with the cost-cutting. You currently have a small button next to each building. It makes the layout fairly cluttered. I would suggest instead putting 1 button in the far right corner that would cut the cost of the next building cued instead.

View attachment 8284

I would note that the inventory is nice.

I am not at the stage where I really understand the role of the quests yet. I have finish 1 round but don't understand what that means. That may be something you need to establish.

DeletedUser

What i was wondering is what kind of changes do developers propose to WW stage. Its really all that matters in the end. WW stage was the most boring stage of the game. You said you were changing this. Please elobrate....

DeletedUser

Would love to play with the suggested changes..even the heroes.
Grepolis in its traditional form
has become too predictable and routine to hold interest for the 2 years it takes to reach world wonders

I agree with this. The ideas of quests and heroes has come up during casual talk among my alliance members as a way to give the players something to do when not attacking or defending. I know the majority of people in my alliance have little experience with browser based MMORPG's, and for many of us (myself included) this is the first world we've played Grepo in. Therefore, I can say with almost certainty our ideas of quests and heroes were not inspired by what other browser based games are doing, but rather just because it seems logical (as proven by their existence in other games) and would add another interesting element to an already good game.

I consider myself a fairly aggressive player (ranked #33 in en39, #16 attacker, #33 fighter) and the fact is there is still lot of down time in my game. I would enjoy something to do with my time time not spent involved in alliance operations, or while I'm retooling a recently conquered city to my liking, or while I'm rebuilding a lost nuke. The quests and heroes seem like a way to do this. I've found 80-90% of this game is involved in interacting with other players, and that is the part I most enjoy. If the developers can add features that involve me into the game itself without damaging the interpersonal aspect I will heartily welcome the changes.

Exactly. Grepolis is special (compared to other strategy games) due to the following aspects:
- There are the gods from ancient greece
- Grepolis has a harsh rule set - conquering, killing, few ways to protect yourself while offline
- The setting!

These things will not change by introducing the heroes. On top of that, the heroes will not work in the same way as in other browser games. Each of them will be completely unique. ;)

Grepolis has a harsh rule set - conquering, killing, few ways to protect yourself while offline --YES! That is the best part of Grepo!

No free lives, no continues, no "do-overs", and a definite end point (completion of the Wonders). These are the most appealing features of Grepo to me. Keep it harsh and keep allowing players to be the unquantifiable victors of a world! That's what makes this special. :pro: