Grepolis United: Videocasts Discussion Thread

Richard

Strategos
MzZW0JE.png
Hello all,

This thread is for discussing the videocasts posted here.

Thanks!

Richard

DeletedUser

Wow, I am really looking forward to seeing these features. Well done Innogames!
You definitely know what players want, which is why I am still playing this free browser game for over a year now.
But please fix the bug when sending support units back to their home cities.

DeletedUser19042

I'm looking forward to all. Except for the heroes thing. That will mess up Grepolis. I hope they don't implement that!!!

DeletedUser

I think it would be good if some veteran players such as myself (plying since en5) could try out a beta version of each update beforehand, and give feeback on whether it should be implemented or not. Also the reward system sounds good, and the hero thing could work well depending on how it was made.

DeletedUser27940

The way forward they are going to take will make Grepolis into just another run of the mill browser game, many of the things they are suggesting are already used in other games, which I have left behind because they can ruin gameplay, Grepolis as it is now is very popular, too many changes to make it like other games out there will loose them players and it will become just another browser game.

I would suggest they either roll the game back to the features of a few months ago and forget about any future changes or create a separate world that will include all the changes, this way everyone benefits.

DeletedUser19042

I think it would be good if some veteran players such as myself (plying since en5) could try out a beta version of each update beforehand, and give feeback on whether it should be implemented or not. Also the reward system sounds good, and the hero thing could work well depending on how it was made.
I agree. I play grepo just as long.
I would love a lot of these new features, but I think the Hero stuff is not good. It will ruin the game

DeletedUser

That exists... :p the .zz Beta test server.
Updates are tested there first usually.

Richard

Strategos
Grepolis Public Beta has been around now for literally years, and does exactly that. If you want to test new features, and give feedback, then join the Beta community. This isn't a new thing, however.

Just to point out also, that tenure in Grepolis isn't and shouldn't be the only factor relevant to the importance of your feedback. An experienced opinion is just as important as an inexperienced one. Yes, experienced players know how to play the game, but that doesn't inherently make their opinions of more importance.

DeletedUser

Ay, don't be shy with your feedback, negative or positive!

I personally like the sound of all of what they were talking about.
However, it is good to see that Innogames is learning! People have always said that they don't care what people think, they just act without consulting us. This really puts that to bed. We are now completely in the loop and one of the things I am most happy to see is a re-do of the world wonders.

Great work Inno, keep it up!

DeletedUser

Hopefully Helpful Thoughts

Two of these posts I a have read have a good standing. One was about not implementing the hero's and another was about implementing if they made them right. I personally am leaning towards not implementing them. This is because for players that are already very powerful it would be pretty easy to level them up. Going the opposite direction, for players that are just starting out or have played for a little while already. They would have it rough leveling them up to something that is decent to use in combat. I am not sure what the player will need to put into the hero to level them up. I am thinking the only reason this won't work is if the player has to spend either wood, stone, or silver to level that hero up.

The update for the daily reward is interesting on how you can store the rewards. The Oracle reward does't exactly make sense unless you are planning to take away the Oracle upgrade that can be constructed for a city. A reward that would be nice for non-subscribers would be gold. A good way to implement this could be, on a weekly basis this reward would be given out. The maximum I was thinking that would be given out is 25 gold. The reason for 25 is so that the subscribers don't feel like they have purchased it for no reason. If this did get implemented I was thinking keep the Olympic Game gold but lessen it to 25 as well. Again so that subscribers would not feel that it is unnecessary for the subscription.

I do like the updating quests because I can get random free stuff easily. But I thought that this game was more centered around battling one another for victory. I feel that all these quest are taking away from the core game play and turning this game into more of an role playing game instead of a strategic war game. By saying that, having the starting quests are good for getting new players familiar with the game, having all these extra quests throughout leveling up your city does't make sense to me. Just a thought for the evil vs good questing, all the other quests, and maybe even the hero's possibly make a couple separate worlds for that sort of game play

Cell Phone Thoughts

On a side not for the cell phone version not web version. It would be good if the player could see how many resources he or she had for the construction page in the senate and in the barracks. It is kind of annoying having to jump back and forth the see what you are able to use strategically. I do know that it warns you when you have an attack but being able to know the time would be useful. Another thing is that there is no way to trade on the cell phone version among the farming villages. If there is I have not been able to figure it out yet.

I hope that this is helpful and that none of this information is to harsh. I am just imputing my thoughts as a designer.

DeletedUser

Go to zz.grepolis.com i think.

Regarding the heros, don't hate on them just yet. You have no idea what they will do or how they will pan out. It seems silly to make up your minds about them now when you know very little about what they will actually be like.

DeletedUser3613

I think grepo should address the real issues before implementing new ideas !!

Problem 1, pegs are awesome units but..... flying horses = flying horse poop !! I dont need to explain how much bad news that spells for the farmers !! Also there seems to be a serious lack of and decent sized land mass which means a small rise in ocean levels will spell bad news for our coast based islands !!

we should concentrate on the little things ;)

Awesome podcast lads kudos to you for stepping up

DeletedUser

I think grepo should address the real issues before implementing new ideas !!

Problem 1, pegs are awesome units but..... flying horses = flying horse poop !! I dont need to explain how much bad news that spells for the farmers !! Also there seems to be a serious lack of and decent sized land mass which means a small rise in ocean levels will spell bad news for our coast based islands !!

we should concentrate on the little things ;)

Awesome podcast lads kudos to you for stepping up

1: farmers love poop, acts as fertilizer.

2: Greece is mainly islands, but there should be a larger land mass

ok, great podcast, but can we keep some worlds the same? The hero thing, and other stuff sounds a lot like a game called Evony, which allows players to get way ahead of others, and so people have to keep joining new worlds if they want to have fun.

Another thing, I like the fact that the city overview is not full-screen, that allows you to look around the island while in your city overview, which I like to do sometimes(might just be me, but I don't want to have to x out of the city overview to see info on another guy)

but other than that, great join.

DeletedUser

All I can say is.....EPICNESS! Loved the vid, and I'm really looking forward to these new features. The store rewards is one I personally like alot.

Not to insult though, I can't help feeling that grepolis has been slow on the in a word 'uptake'. While I can't wait for heroes, heroes have been out there a long time in other games as well.