Grepolympia - Greek Cup Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Answer to the above questions regarding randomness of scores: you are correct and there is an element of chance in getting a result when you use a particular skill distribution. For example if you used a point layout of 6.6.12 you could get a score ranging between 600-700. If you used 8,4,10 you could get a score between 1200-1300, etc. I used those point layouts and scores as an example of the fact you have a random chance to get a score between 2 numbers with any given point distribution, those scores probably aren't accurate. This is however not a new feature and has always been present in this event.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
yes, scores are random

i fully understand two players putting in the same thing and getting different results... some bit of random

but if you train more troops since your last go around and add to the distribution, never before has that randomness given negative results

i don't believe what you have written actually addresses this concern

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
If you were previously using 6,6,12 and got 700 then you trained a few more troops and went with 6,7,13 you'd have a new score with a new score variance which could lead to a lower score. So 6,6,12 could give you 700 on the high end of its variance of 600-700 and 6,7,13 could give you 650 as it's score variance might be 650-750.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
okay, so, that answers the how, thank you
however, no one noted this issue before.... has it just not been reported or was the variance increased making it more noticeable?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
The variance didn't change and it might not have been the first time it was noticed but might have been the first time it was brought up here on the forum instead of solely through tickets in the support system. More people might have noticed due to other changes like the alliances being determined by the top 10 average/new alliance spell rewards, those might have led to people sharing their scores with their alliance more than normal leading to more people seeing more data and noticing things they might not have in prior events.