Grepolympia

DeletedUser23986

Yeah but gold does make a lot of things unfair to others who don't have or don't use as much. But yes I understand it would be sort of unfair to a gold abuser. Still though a 48 hour timer!? Surely 24 hours is enough maybe less? I don't know it's good I guess to facilitate balance but yeah whatever.

I know, but 300 pop extra per city for infinite time, would outrule all other advantages. Also you can always store pop in inventory, and with that you can avoid timer, incase of emergency.

DeletedUser

THAT! is what I am saying. People with gold who abused grepo olympia will permanently have this advantage, while non-gold users will never have the chance to get this amount of population (and even if you take the cities from gold users, the benefit will be gone). The bonuses and the other materials provided can be provided cheaply using laurels, however the extra pop is expensive to buy, and more importantly it's permanent.. This is a great bonus, you can easily get 300+ LS if not even 320 with the right city set up. Hence, why I said in my previous post that the developers must balance it later on, with either quests or something else.

DeletedUser19042

How would quests 'balance' it?
Premiums users who spent their gold to get that population will have the same quests again and so you still have no balance.

DeletedUser

Last year there was non population bonus. However, there was stupid defensive bonus that made it impossible to attack certain players and bust sieges. I remember my alliance literally stopped playing for a week because of this nonsense.

DeletedUser32498

Last year there was non population bonus. However, there was stupid defensive bonus that made it impossible to attack certain players and bust sieges.
Don't they still have those bonuses? Like for example say 30% more effective defending for a given amount of time.

DeletedUser13405

They nerfed it down to 5% defense bonus, tho I still have a couple of the 30% ones in inventory.

I think TB meant that last year there was no population bonus because it had not yet been developed. IMHO it is the one true super-advantage to Grepolympia.

DeletedUser

Last year there was about 40% def bonus to gold whores who spammed enough gold to get high ranking. Now imagine a bir wall with that def bonus. I almost rage quit when I saw my LS nukes getting pulverized by small amounts of birs.