Grepolympics is it biased to larger allainces?

DeletedUser36697

It is my understanding that Alliances with less than 10 members, will have a Zero calculated into their Alliance averages.. For every player less than the required 10. A 6 members alliance will have 4..count them.. 4 zeros added to make up the required 10 entrants...
How is this fair?
A small alliance has little or no chance of winning any prize if ZERO's are calculated into their totals..
where as a larger alliance will have scores to throw away greatly increasing the likely hood of a large alliance winning all the top prizes..

perhaps a calculation using proportional representation
with penalties.. reductions.. in other words... if 6 out of 6, in the small alliance participate =100% participation their totals would be graded to accommodate or be equal to the vastly greater selections from a 100 member alliance

then its down to what they, the builders, want more money spent/generated for the prizes, everyone then has an EQUAL chance... so they spend like cash cows to get the acclaim and the honours that go with winning

DeletedUser36697

I addressed this issue when the contest was run last time... here is the message traffic including a response that this issue would be looked at and corrected... HMMMMMMMMMM is it all smoke and mirrors with feel good comments and no action??? me thinks so

grepolympics flawed and biased to larger alliances
dadofwildthang 2017-03-19 00:24:45
Alliances with under 10 members are excluded from winning any thing...by virtue of your contest description
-a smaller alliance is not able to provide 10 throws, so our 6 throw totals were divided by 10
-otherwise our alliance would have finished 4th
Masters of mayhem a

please let us know the progress of this complaint

Grepolis - Customer Support 2017-03-20 02:21:02
Hello dadofwildthang,

Thank you for your ticket. I am referring this issue to a Community Manager - they will get back to you as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience in this regard!

Kind regards,

Magick
Ingame Moderator

dadofwildthang 2017-03-20 03:17:09
thank you for the prompt response and action appreciated

Grepolis - Customer Support 2017-03-23 19:10:33
Hello dadofwildthang,

Apologies for the slow response. I can but offer you assurances that this will be fed back to the development team for future events and consideration. I understand that this is frustrating, and I hope that they will take it on board.

Kind regards,

Richard Stephenson
Community Manager

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i too made a comment last time, even a simple fix
basically was told, yeah, alliances less than 10 get the shaft
deal with it
we should be happy to be getting something (individual rewards), esp. as those on the app get nothing

DeletedUser13405

Agree it should be on app. But you can open the game in your phone based browser and play. Its not ideal, but its something.

DeletedUser36697

I find it amazing and VERY TELLING that not one person representing Grepo and their financial interests (that being the folks with thousands of posts and have the power to bann) has commented on this problem.
There is the entire correspondence between a community manager and myself... and what was achieved nothing....no changes ano alterations.... just the same old BS, over again.... If money is involved then those that look after this forum and game will not rock the status quo.....

THEIR THINKING: let them eat rice after all they have eaten everything else we have dumped/rammed/CRAMMED on them.

I now wonder whom, in the larger Alliances, is carrying the power that allows them continue this particular foolish contest in such a one sided affair.

I have never seen anything in the rules that states; "If you have less than 10 people in your alliance... you are going to Screwed over.. every-time there is an alliance contest" and Grepo just doesnt care..

If they did care this would have been addressed previously..

you mangers, developers and the rest wonder why this game is falling into the crapper ..
its because you treat the players this way
so shame on all of you...
this is now a contest for the big alliances

so all you small folks with a hope of winning any alliance prizes.... just dont spend any money, dont use any troops and you will still get a fair amount of stuff everyday.

EASY TO SAY BUT HEY... IF YOU CANT WIN WHY SPEND THE COIN TO WIN

DeletedUser

Originally, there was no similar limitation. It has been implemented after feedback. Logical feedback... You should consider cases where that ally consists from let's say 5 gold players... is it fair if these only 5 players steal the reward? I don't think so. It would discourage other players, respectively their alliances in the competition. Yep, you could say why the amount which is used to counting the average isn't lower? If the average calculated e.g. only 5 (or even less) players, then other players wouldn't see any reason to join actively as well. That's simply wrong. Grepo is a co-op game. And these bonuses (if you are an active player) are much more valuable then the personal rewards.

Last but not least, keep on your minds the game is NOT designed for such small alliances which are very rare. So, if you play in an ally which doesn't have >10 players, it's... your problem. It's not always possible to be "fair" to all. And no, the Grepolympia event is not only for big (or huge) alliances... of course if you don't consider alliances with 20 - 30 members as big ones.

DeletedUser36697

in response using your argument...can 5 gold spenders in an alliance of 5 compete against an alliance of 100 plus, which will have more than 5 gold spenders....?
-you dont address; how 5 gold spenders, being given 5 zeros, can compete with an alliance of 100 players who will have more than 5 gold spenders and use 1/10th of their available scores?
so , is the concept: the smaller alliance must pay through the nose to try and compete with the larger alliance who is spending gold as well..
-and this is some how fair/equal in whose eyes
you bring me back to original point of "whom in the big alliances has the pull to stack these competitions in their favour?"

DeletedUser

Alliance size doesn't really matter in these events that give out rewards/bonuses to the winning alliance, the event has become something of a mockery, example in case in on Byblos world where unfortunately you have a group of players abusing the system to the detriment of those fair minded people who are parting with their cash but in effect being cheated out of their deserved rewards by the "loopholes" that enable the parasites to prosper.

At the moment you have the situation where you have an alliance (Just For Laughs) that is formed of 7 members, in the final hour before a discipline has ended they have recruited some of the highest placed players in that current event standing to suddenly propel themselves to the number one position. They have repeatedly used this method (as stats prove) to claim the most valuable (Defence, attack and extra bp bonuses) for that alliance. Further more pacted alliance members can then jump in and out of that alliance to use the benefits of those event rewards whenever they need or wish as shown below.

Players changes
20.09.2017, 03:16 bloodh0und
20.09.2017, 02:16 HolyHolger
20.09.2017, 01:16 HolyHolger
19.09.2017, 23:16 SkywalkerGG
19.09.2017, 22:16 SkywalkerGG
19.09.2017, 19:16 HolyHolger
19.09.2017, 17:16 HolyHolger
19.09.2017, 13:16 steeno121
19.09.2017, 12:16 steeno121
19.09.2017, 08:16 HolyHolger
19.09.2017, 01:16 HolyHolger

I know of many players that are not spending gold on this event because of the abuse that is occuring, all the time this loophole remains open innogames are themselves suffering through people not spending money.

So to summarise, no the event is not biased to bigger alliances because those seeking to abuse the system at the expense of the decent gamers can do so.

DeletedUser36697

my point has been made in the world of Hyperborea".
There is not 1 alliance in the TOP TEN Alliances, those getting rewards, with less than 10 players..nor has there been in any of the last 3 events.
So the contest rewards large alliances and penalizes small alliances.... what a farce ..

DeletedUser

@dadofwildthang Bigger alliance, more difficult to hit a good position in the ranking because 10 slots provide still enough space to counting weaker athlets as well. And these decrease their alliance average. So, smaller alliances could have a great advantage. As I said, the game is not designed for such small alliances. However, I don't consider your opinion as valid as you answered only on half of my previous post.