GrinchyGRINCH

DeletedUser

Hello In the world phi My name is GrinchyGrinch. I have been playing for a couple weeks off and on in PHI. I mainly play in THETA. Well the Alliance I was in got taken out If anyone in the o64 area is looking for a proven player invite me into your alliance. I am not a refugee I am not looking for support i can handle myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Great to have you join this world Basterd. I realize that with you having played a couple of weeks, you're not completely new, but it still nice to have people dedicating themselves to this world when others are leaving so readily.

Hope you can find a good ocean 64 alliance.

DeletedUser

haha what about me am being farmed daily i have one city and am still attacking. ill fight for every inch

DeletedUser

I'm in O64 and my alliance is looking for strong experienced players, so send me a message if I don't get to you first, if you are too far away it's probably not a good idea.

/

Why are players leaving Phi, Asjo?

DeletedUser

haha i cant get off my island and am in O46 so i dont think ill be getting to you any time soon.

Dont worry am being irritating as possible he may decide to just leave me alone haha

DeletedUser

I just experienced so many players leaving in my area (outskirts of ocean 54, so probably people that started 1-2 weeks after the world started). There seem to be two reasons:

1) People from older worlds joined this world with some friends, trying to make their way. They were either unsuccessful, found it boring or had some friend who left, so they just quit and left their cities to die as well.

2) There are a lot of newly started people who built their cities up to 3-4K points only to find that the game wasn't for them, and then quit.

3) Experienced players who are looking for new world to play around in, and don't really commit to any worlds. A lot of players left when Chi started because of the lure of new opportunity and a speed 3 world.

It's quite sad as more people around definitely make things interesting. For the same reason, I would never capture a city for a one-city player.

Glad you're sticking with it, QCI TCG. Omicron was my first world, and I got eliminated after a few weeks. I was rank 15 in my ocean, but a big alliance bunched up on me (tale is here). I then restarted to get my revenge, only to find that the alliance who had dominated the ocean early on were now being bullied by a well-established alliance that moved into the ocean. I ended up wanting to support the alliance who I restarted to get my revenge on. Then it occurred that the big alliance wanted to capture my city, and since there was no morale in that world (luckily), all their big players were able to pummel me. I made sure only to defend against the conquest attacks in the beginning, but I couldn't stay up every night, with attacks coming every day, every hour of the day. I made 15.000 battle points in a week of my 5K point city, and the attacks were starting to relent. If only I could get a short break from defense, I could make six or seven cities on nearby islands, making sure that I could easily defend future attacks. However, since my defense had thinned on, I was hanging on my a thread. Then one morning where I had to kill a conquest attack, I woke up late (having developed a immunity towards my alarm clock waking me up after too few hours of sleep) and was only able to call back my defensive army two seconds after the colony ship arrived at my city. Since dying took most of my battle points away, this was too big a hit to my morale, and I had to finally quit the world.

Since your city is still quite small, your chances for now are still quite decent. I hope you're focusing on defense and enlisting militia - you should be able to make quite a lot of battle points if someone tries to farm you every day. Have you read my defense-guide?

Let me know if you ever desperately need resources for a colony ship to get out of there :)

DeletedUser

I just experienced so many players leaving in my area (outskirts of ocean 54, so probably people that started 1-2 weeks after the world started). There seem to be two reasons:

1) People from older worlds joined this world with some friends, trying to make their way. They were either unsuccessful, found it boring or had some friend who left, so they just quit and left their cities to die as well.

2) There are a lot of newly started people who built their cities up to 3-4K points only to find that the game wasn't for them, and then quit.

3) Experienced players who are looking for new world to play around in, and don't really commit to any worlds. A lot of players left when Chi started because of the lure of new opportunity and a speed 3 world.

It's quite sad as more people around definitely make things interesting. For the same reason, I would never capture a city for a one-city player.

Glad you're sticking with it, QCI TCG. Omicron was my first world, and I got eliminated after a few weeks. I was rank 15 in my ocean, but a big alliance bunched up on me (tale is here). I then restarted to get my revenge, only to find that the alliance who had dominated the ocean early on were now being bullied by a well-established alliance that moved into the ocean. I ended up wanting to support the alliance who I restarted to get my revenge on. Then it occurred that the big alliance wanted to capture my city, and since there was no morale in that world (luckily), all their big players were able to pummel me. I made sure only to defend against the conquest attacks in the beginning, but I couldn't stay up every night, with attacks coming every day, every hour of the day. I made 15.000 battle points in a week of my 5K point city, and the attacks were starting to relent. If only I could get a short break from defense, I could make six or seven cities on nearby islands, making sure that I could easily defend future attacks. However, since my defense had thinned on, I was hanging on my a thread. Then one morning where I had to kill a conquest attack, I woke up late (having developed a immunity towards my alarm clock waking me up after too few hours of sleep) and was only able to call back my defensive army two seconds after the colony ship arrived at my city. Since dying took most of my battle points away, this was too big a hit to my morale, and I had to finally quit the world.

Since your city is still quite small, your chances for now are still quite decent. I hope you're focusing on defense and enlisting militia - you should be able to make quite a lot of battle points if someone tries to farm you every day. Have you read my defense-guide?

Let me know if you ever desperately need resources for a colony ship to get out of there :)

Yeah am focused on making is difficult as i can for him. he aint let up for the last three day getting hit about 4 times a day from two citys so not getting a chance to get anything going. I got loads of experaince as i play iota with evo.. We don't believe in giving up though they will need to take my city to do that

DeletedUser

But you haven't been active enough to dodge all his attacks and enlist militia every time? If you did, you should have a decent defensive force by now, and he should be getting tired of attacking you, especially if you got your city wall up.

I don't know whether some of the people in the older worlds are just more committed because the new players came after seeing an ad on Youtube and thinking "sure, I'll waste a bit of time on that". I was amazed to see in Omicron that an entire alliance just respawned in the same direction because the realized they could not beat their opponents and would slowly lose all their cities. So, they just regrouped and are rebuilding. Meanwhile, I'm very disheartened by the quitter attitude of many Phi players, many apparently not caring to commit to playing in this world.

DeletedUser16679

Meanwhile, I'm very disheartened by the quitter attitude of many Phi players, many apparently not caring to commit to playing in this world.

I thought id give this world a try i currently also play on NU, i joined a couple of weeks after this world opened, and was placed in 34 along with people that are all ready well established, its been fun dodging farming attacks from more established players and after finally being able to build to the point i could take a second city i was realy starting to enjoy the difference from NU, The farming i do find is time consuming and more time is needed for this world when you are not quite established. Today i noticed that the 3 top alliances have merged in one form or another, This happening so early in a new world will mean the death of many not so established players regardless of their commitment or ability . Many like myself are in smaller alliances as they dont have the points nor been able to prove themselves due to the sheer weight of a bigger alliances force. This is just my observation of possibly why many may be quitting this world.

Its all good fun and a learning curve for the next world, or a restart on this one if needed :)

DeletedUser

But you haven't been active enough to dodge all his attacks and enlist militia every time? If you did, you should have a decent defensive force by now, and he should be getting tired of attacking you, especially if you got your city wall up.

I don't know whether some of the people in the older worlds are just more committed because the new players came after seeing an ad on Youtube and thinking "sure, I'll waste a bit of time on that". I was amazed to see in Omicron that an entire alliance just respawned in the same direction because the realized they could not beat their opponents and would slowly lose all their cities. So, they just regrouped and are rebuilding. Meanwhile, I'm very disheartened by the quitter attitude of many Phi players, many apparently not caring to commit to playing in this world.

Am on off several times a day, as is him and his helper. I dont spend all day on it and my first priority is my 64 citys in iota but yeah i could be more active am not worried he will get bored eventally.