Passed Grouped battle reports for the supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
The supporter gets only 1 report per attack on his support, instead of 1 by attack and by supporting city.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Checked hundreds of threads, didn't see it

Reason:
When big players attack each other, it's often, let's say, 30 cities attacking vs 30 cities supporting (can be much more). Multiplicate the 2: you'll have the number of reports the supporter will receive. I and others have sometimes spent over an hour browsing through all this, trying to see what happened. Some prefer to erase them all without a look...

Details:
If a player is supporting a city with more than 1 city, and his support gets attacked, he receives a global report for all the support that was attacked at the same time.

Visual Aids:
Well, imagine coming back home and having 900 reports to read...
A scheme of what I imagine:
Header:
[Attacking city] (attacking player) is attacking your support in [Supported city] (day, time)

Icon Icon
Units Units ....... (like today, but global) [Publish]
Losses Losses

[Supporting city 1]

Icon Icon
Units Units ....... [Publish]
Losses Losses

[Supporting city 2]

Icon Icon
Losses Losses

(Separate Publish icons, sometimes the defender wants to publish minimal details in the alliance forum, because of spying risks)

Balance:
The supporter gets a better view of what happened.

Abuse Prevention:
Not needed

Summary:
Instead of 30*30 useless reports, the supporter gets 30 grouped reports. Assets:
- It will avoid hours of useless browsing
- The supporter gets a better view of what he has sent and what happened to it
- Possible interest for Inno: sending 1 grouped report could make less work for their Internet connection than 30 reports thrown at the same second

DeletedUser

I believe this has been suggested? I swear I read this exact idea before.

If not, brilliant! Get this passed and implemented ;)

DeletedUser27700

I believe this has been suggested? I swear I read this exact idea before.

If not, brilliant! Get this passed and implemented ;)

I thought so too, but I scanned and couldn't find it.
Lane is a pro at this though, so he will probably check later :p

I support this idea, I hate getting 6 reports for one attack

DeletedUser10789

I found that a greasemonkey script would make reports into a bb code that would not expire, for perm reports....something Grep won't do atm.

Pic reports from Pixlr Grabber, Firefox/Chrome extension also save reports as an image file. Also perm if you save it on Flickr/Photobucket. PB even has a Firefox addon. Saving reports forever.

I support this multiple report so, perhaps, it's based on the city yer supporting, not the city supporting it...no idea if that would help, may be a nice settings checkbox for an easy fix.

Guess MY main point is this Grep glory should be saved, should be shared EASILY on forums here and throughout worlds.....with the chat system for each alliance being a joke and only multi world chatting is in forums here, sharing a nice bir snipe on a ground attack unit wave is nearly impossible (for normals)

Reports expiring is a beef I've always had.....for the gold spent, saving reports should be like awards on accounts, bragging rights.

As a fellow Grep Player /w 15+ guys trying to jump me at work, I too would like a better system for these waves eventually burying my reports /w yesterday's news.

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en50/alliance/1700/members?compare=kill_def

60 reports/day is great but perhaps a better sorting + option to group by city supporting is good...I figure a nice chain down from city supported and all cities supporting it linked off from it....

If report code saving is a problem for Innogames' servers perhaps using a script to rework it to a smaller file size, savable for all players, from 175 pointer to world wonder's end, ALL REPORTS SAVED....

I mean, Photobucket is a free service and THEY can pull off some free storage...why can't/WON'T Grep???

Be nice to SEE diff worlds, alliance colored maps, browsing through em all on a master game index page...grepomaps and grepointel.com are great but I always felt top 20 teams in each world's links should be auto done, perhaps even a user made project, so we can browse around the ENTIRE Grepolis Empire...(welcome to PM me about this, I'm down)

uhhhh, oh yeah, multi reports into one rocks! :D

DeletedUser

Evening ~

We recently passed the idea "better organization of reports"; however, the two ideas are a little different as well as similar. I will leave this one open to be discussed. If they pass I'll put them together and send them on. :)

Thank you,
Lane

DeletedUser18132

I fully support this! I hate getting flooded with many reports about only a couple attacks.

DeletedUser

I am all for this, spams up your inbox esp. later in the game.

DeletedUser19042

Love this one too. It's very annoying to get that much reports for only one attack. :)

DeletedUser11965

YES. I dont ever want to see hundreds of support messages from a siege >.<

DeletedUser

*bump*

Everyone agree so far, but I think we need more posts ;)

DeletedUser

Any more input on this? Who has ever multi-supported a city can judge the gain of time and better view they could get from those grouped reports.

DeletedUser19042

Yea...
I think I already gave my yes. If not, I do it now.

It's highly annoying to have PAGES of reports from a single attack. :)

DeletedUser

Defo. I distinctly remember spending over an hour clicking frenetically through them... The worst thing is you can't see precisely what happened despite the hundreds of report, the info is just too spread out.

DeletedUser

It would be easier if you got an attack report with what you lost total, like a regular defenders report, but with the attackers troops hidden and only your troops shown on the defending side.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
The supporter gets only 1 report per attack on his support, instead of 1 by attack and by supporting city.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Checked hundreds of threads, didn't see it

Reason:
When big players attack each other, it's often, let's say, 30 cities attacking vs 30 cities supporting (can be much more). Multiplicate the 2: you'll have the number of reports the supporter will receive. I and others have sometimes spent over an hour browsing through all this, trying to see what happened. Some prefer to erase them all without a look...

Details:
If a player is supporting a city with more than 1 city, and his support gets attacked, he receives a global report for all the support that was attacked at the same time.

Visual Aids:
Well, imagine coming back home and having 900 reports to read...
A scheme of what I imagine:
Header:
[Attacking city] (attacking player) is attacking your support in [Supported city] (day, time)

Icon Icon
Units Units ....... (like today, but global) [Publish]
Losses Losses

[Supporting city 1]

Icon Icon
Losses Losses

[Supporting city 2]

Icon Icon
Losses Losses

(Separate Publish icons, sometimes the defender wants to publish minimal details in the alliance forum, because of spying risks)

Balance:
The supporter gets a better view of what happened.

Abuse Prevention:
Not needed

Summary:
Instead of 30*30 useless reports, the supporter gets 30 grouped reports. Assets:
- It will avoid hours of useless browsing
- The supporter gets a better view of what he has sent and what happened to it
- Possible interest for Inno: sending 1 grouped report could make less work for their Internet connection than 30 reports thrown at the same second

Sounds Good.

DeletedUser

It would be easier if you got an attack report with what you lost total, like a regular defenders report, but with the attackers troops hidden and only your troops shown on the defending side.
Yes, I'm on the simple idea of putting together all the supporting reports from an attack. If you're attacked and have many cities, you usually support yourself, so you'd still get 2 reports. Could be 1 but it would make complex reading and more dev for little gain, compared to the simpler idea here.

DeletedUser

Bump.

Again had piles of reports for a few attacks; still wishing they were grouped. Any more input on this idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.