growing concern

DeletedUser22145

Fellow grepolis brothers/sisters. I have been playing this game now for 4 years I guess, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the strategy, friendships, adventure of it, just all of it. However, I am seeing a growing trend that seems to be very prevalent in the us. server and I hope it doesn't spill over into en. as I find it vile.

while I agree that all forms of war are fair game, like spies and such I also feel we have adopted certain codes of conduct we have all learned to agree to like refugee guidelines.

With that said I am witnessing what I am calling double agents. members who we would have called spies before, but the difference is that large amounts of them infiltrate the alliance especially in the beginning, play along side you fully committed build the alliance become trusted members and then mass defect all at once, causing a ripple within the alliance that is most disheartening for the whole team and can easily result in implosion.

It is very different than a forum spy which is a pain in of itself. I would like us to not accept this tactic as a staple within the grepolis worlds. Again I get all is fair in love and war, but this is really not fun for the game itself. Those of us who are experienced players with experienced teams would like to win on the merit of play, tactical play, alliance coordination and team play, not just he we won cause we imploded 3 alliances, lolool not cool.

my two cents.

Jamincon

DeletedUser27128

I agree with this (kind of biased as this recently happened to me).

However, you can't stop these people, and some of them don't have any honor or self-respect, and can stoop to really low levels.

DeletedUser37948

ive played a long time, there have and always will be people who are dastardly , bad attitudes and willing to do anything. but players of merit make names for themselves just like heros of anchient greece there rep moves from server to server with them.
In grepo all you have of merit is your word once people know you cant be trusted, you cant be classed as a team player then they wont invite you into an alliance.
no one wins solo so theses losers dont last long in grepo

DeletedUser

ive played a long time, there have and always will be people who are dastardly , bad attitudes and willing to do anything. but players of merit make names for themselves just like heros of anchient greece there rep moves from server to server with them.
In grepo all you have of merit is your word once people know you cant be trusted, you cant be classed as a team player then they wont invite you into an alliance.

Nicely put, I never understand what people get out of it, also the disbanding in the Milestones I don't get it (unless it is an MRA) Why?

Possibly my age, being old!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser41523

I don't even see the point of disbanding an MRA. Live and learn, how is the leader going to get any better if they don't learn?

DeletedUser

I remember way back when ppl would join alliances just to kick everyone and disband the alliance, they would even brag about it in the forums. Never understood what they got out of it, mra or not, it's child's play.

I would like us to not accept this tactic as a staple within the grepolis worlds

Nothing you or anyone can do about it unless you know every single member in your alliance, and that is not likely to happen. Just look at it as a way weaker alliances might employ because they know they are losers on the battle field. Unfortunately the game has changed because the players have changed to a big extent. I'd take nMe or JFL any day, that's when the game was played the way it was intended to be played.

DeletedUser41523

Haven't heard those names in while both were great alliances. You know, I disagree, I don't think the culture has changed, I mean I used to, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it hasn't. People are obsessed with the crown, they'll kick players, leave alliances, or back stab their allies for it. But what I realize is that before that, people were obsessed with great alliances and would do the same things to lead or be a part of one.

I think the only thing that has changed is it now takes a week or two to make a top 12 team from scratch instead of a month from the core.

mats25

Phrourach

yes better hold you name clean and be broud of you self...before you go and dance after somebodyes will...

no solo...

DeletedUser46416

I am sensing that everyone who agrees with this now is going to make a 180 and completely disregard this thread once it happens in game... and this is what I mean...

I know spying is a part of the game, but when it happens for the betterment of you and your people or alliance, then you favor spying... when it happens against you and your people then you hate it. Basically saying that when it gets down to the real bidness during the game its a lot different than pregame discussions. If you're alliance completely gets disbanded because of a spy for another alliance you'll hate them forever... but seriously, its a part of the game. What happens will happens and ultimately its your fault for giving that spy the authority to disband your alliance. Spying can be VERY fun for the people doing it, and on the other side completely horrible for the people getting screwed.

So what am I trying to say? Its a part of the game... when its bad for you, its good for someone else. When its good for you, then hooray hooray. Good luck :D

This is just my opinion. Please don't gang tackle me and smack me around and wipe the floor with me and such.

DeletedUser46416

and if that confused the hell out of anyone, just ignore me LOL

DeletedUser22145

no gang tackle, but I am not sure you are in on what I am saying, a spy two spies etc. that is part of the game. This is different.

this is a large group say 6-10 players from competitive alliances from other worlds who move to a new world with their team, but they all join another alliance and play for months then mass defect and maybe even pulls a few more that they have befriended. It is just disheartening to the team, it creates havoc for morale, and yes I get its all fair in love and war.

DeletedUser48045

Agree whole-heartedly that people that join with intent to disband or mass defect is just not cool. I would sign up to this 'pact'. But as said above, I am biased. Happened already in my short grep career. Ruined the world for me as all people I had come to know scattered, due to very competitive stage, unknown what happened.
Would accept low level spies sharing forum/op/support info (wouldnt do it myself or my alliance, but accept it)

DeletedUser19042

Yea well, being here since the opening of Beta world myself I must say this is one of the oldest discussions on this forum.
I used to be the one complaining but then I've learned this will never change.

So my advise? Enjoy the game as it is. Cheaters are (sadly) part of it.
If you are a decent alliance leader you'll know how to pick your members and co-leaders. So take up the responsibility of leading and accept its risks.

DeletedUser

Well, I agree with it, but... It became part of the game, it`s a shame when this happens, but politics and war are always like this, you keep friends close and enemies closer, and you never know who gonna stab you in the back, eventhough I would never do like this, but I think these type of things makes this game even more intriguing and interesting.

DeletedUser

Fellow grepolis brothers/sisters. I have been playing this game now for 4 years I guess, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the strategy, friendships, adventure of it, just all of it. However, I am seeing a growing trend that seems to be very prevalent in the us. server and I hope it doesn't spill over into en. as I find it vile.

while I agree that all forms of war are fair game, like spies and such I also feel we have adopted certain codes of conduct we have all learned to agree to like refugee guidelines.

With that said I am witnessing what I am calling double agents. members who we would have called spies before, but the difference is that large amounts of them infiltrate the alliance especially in the beginning, play along side you fully committed build the alliance become trusted members and then mass defect all at once, causing a ripple within the alliance that is most disheartening for the whole team and can easily result in implosion.

It is very different than a forum spy which is a pain in of itself. I would like us to not accept this tactic as a staple within the grepolis worlds. Again I get all is fair in love and war, but this is really not fun for the game itself. Those of us who are experienced players with experienced teams would like to win on the merit of play, tactical play, alliance coordination and team play, not just he we won cause we imploded 3 alliances, lolool not cool.

my two cents.

Jamincon

surely it is just an expression of a different skill within the game. Not all players play for the fighting. Some find other methods more challenging, indeed it is a great way of recruiting from large premades run by high ego players. We seen a few examples of such, especially Noddy's last premade.

DeletedUser44027

surely it is just an expression of a different skill within the game. Not all players play for the fighting. Some find other methods more challenging, indeed it is a great way of recruiting from large premades run by high ego players. We seen a few examples of such, especially Noddy's last premade.

And then there are players who simply cAnt play unless they have spies ;);)

DeletedUser

I am all right at fighting in the game but better at getting people on side I don't like using spies but they are a part of the game. I just generally get people onside if your honest they are likely to just tell you things no need for spies :)

DeletedUser

Here's my two cents. The theory of loving spies when they work for you and not against you.. No DUH?? If course.
I will say, I'm a leader for Black Ships in pandosia, I'm charge of recruiting. We have adopted trying to find out as much as we can before bringing in someone, but it happens and we do not condone or pursue placing spies. NOW, as I say that, I say this, when someone from our enemies alliance wants to feed me CS times, OP plans, SUUUUUUURE! I'll listen. So yea, bit of a double standard. What I will say is this year we lost alot of people due to illness. Super sad, but I will say that there still are Morales in this game. Now I think it just has to be expanded. I know of players that currently are plotting to take down an alliance from "with in", OR gonna try to. We are days from WWs, the alliance is speak of has no chance at WWs so what's the damn point? Because they are BUTTHURT from something that happened months ago?
It's amazing to see players turn into absolute children, and I think I just insulted children...

Cheers m8's!!
And good luck to you all...

DeletedUser

And then there are players who simply cAnt play unless they have spies ;);)

you referring to Naji?

spies have little real use, I never bother with them, but it takes something special to be good at recruiting from other alliances. This is where the subterfuge part of the game really comes in. There is really nothing wrong with convincing your enemy council that their most trusted member is really a spy that needs kicking and the only way forward is to take the best players and merge with the enemy is there Mr. Singh ;)

Generally it is the premade's people that moan about this alot, but which gives you more advantage, coming into a world with 40 preset players per core ocean, which is very common now or borrowing members from another alliance?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30111

Had trouble with this before, people join a world together, send one player to another top alliance on day 1. Scummy tactics, doesn't even seem fun to play this way. What was fun was rimming said player and breaking that alliance, then following them to other worlds and ratting the player out.

I don't get why the idea that you need spies to be #1 has taken root.