No Format Guild Hall

dianices

Phrourach
Over on Inno FB page there is a question, about adding a new building. My thought is, what about a GuildHall or Stronghold? First we have to fit it to the theme. GuildHalls were created mostly for people of the same profession to come together and perfect their craft.

StrongHolds were not just military, but also places of refuge and safety for people and resources. We have an academy, Barracks and Senate, so we don't need to reinvent the wheel, We have harbors....buuuuut....i started thinking about the trades angle. For each building, there's a particular trade that is obvious to it. Harbors have shipwrights, Markets have merchants, and so on, so if there is a related guildhall, it would be attached to, and focused on, one building already in play, similar to a special building, but tied to a regular building as its' augment.

Now, that's only if such a building were instrumental. If it were more say, cosmetic, which is less complicated, different visuals and amenities could be unlocked for achieving different alliance based goals, like statues, banners etc. The main point for me would be a place for an alliance to meet or in some way interact beyond the obligatory alliance forum, perhaps a 2d visual war room.

I'm opening this for discussion to anyone else with ideas for this concept.

DeletedUser54161

@dianices Here is the basic format, I filled out the first two for you.
*If you don't format it, Fig as the Idea section Master: kills your idea on arrival, so might want to fill this out sooner rather than later.(Just the rules)

Proposal:
Introduce a new building into the game, the Guild Hall/Stronghold.

DNS/PSI
DNS->N/A
Skimming the PSI, I have did not see a similar idea being suggested in the last 4 years.

Code:
Proposal

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Reason:

Details:

Visual Aid:

Balance:

Abuse Prevention:

Summary:

Last edited by a moderator:

dianices

Phrourach
there's possibilities but i'm letting it go d.o.a., as i don't think it will get any legs, not here at least.

i may try again in the future with better detail and purpose.

DeletedUser31385

Just letting you know that in 12 days that I have to close this. You don't need all of the format filled out at this point. You only need one item filled out for it to be acceptable at this point in time. The others can get filled out as the idea progresses.

Some suggestions I thought about for this idea...
  1. Level 1 allows a player to join an alliance
  2. Level 2 allows a player to create his or her own alliance
  3. Level 3 allows for one statue/banner that offers a small alliance-wide bonus
    • 5% of the enemy troops must survive to loot the statue/banner (if they are in an alliance)
  4. Level 4 allows for two statues/banners that offer a small alliance-wide bonus
    • 10% of the enemy troops must survive to loot the statue/banner (if they are in an alliance)
I don't know how you feel about that, but that was kind of my envisionment of the idea.

dianices

Phrourach
i have a lot of other irons in the fire so i can't get to it in time, if you want to close out sooner, its' your call.

respect