Hades (10% invisibility)

DeletedUser

so if I am attacking someone, right after I click the attack button a report is sent to him with an attack warning...

so what's so useful about hiding my naval attack for 10% of their journey? if the other player already knows when I launched it.

DeletedUser

If i attacked you normally, you get told about the attack straight away.
But if i use the invisibility thing then you don't get told i'm attacking until 10% of the journey has passed.

DeletedUser

That's odd...

I was attacked a few days ago, and I got the report even tho he did the spell.

1- I saw the two crossed swords (report) on the right bottom corner of the screen but when I clicked it nothing happened and it staid there.
2- I refreshed the page and saw that the two crossed swords in the left top corner of the screen were not flashing but the two sword report on the bottom right corner were still there but I can't click on it.
3- 15 to 20 minutes later the swords on the left top corner started flashing and I could finally click on the crossed swords report on the bottom right corner.

when I placed the courser over the crossed swords report I could see the arrival time of the attack. (this was before I could click on it)

that's why I asked :s

DeletedUser

could be a minor bug if they didn't cast the spell or it could be that the attacker took too much time to cast the spell resulting in the notification being sent to you before he could hide the attack.

DeletedUser

Yeah, you will sometimes get the notification if the attacker did not hide his attack quick enough.

DeletedUser

How quick do they need to be before the instant notification will not be seen?

The advantage of using invisibility is that the receiver cannot tell if the attack has been cancelled or hidden. It is only really useful if there are a large number of attacks being sent at the target. Of course if they have an attack notification that can't be deleted, it might be a bit of a giveaway.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if there is a specific time limit when that occurs, it is just something I've noticed. I've also noticed that recently all attacks do not instantly show up in the command log or in the top left to warn you of an incoming. Sometimes they need a refresh, or there is an overall delay before you get it in your notification feed.

Example: I had 5 attacks instantly show up in my command overview at the same time, although backtracking the travel times it showed that the attacks were launched at different times. Upon landing, none of these attacks were under the effect of Helmet of Invisibility, so I'm putting the aforementioned delay as a result of the server lag. Will be interested to see if it is more response after the lag issues have been resolved.

I haven't been able to make many more observations that the ones above due to the issues with the recent update.

DeletedUser13405

Would the 10% invisibility protect your CS from Sea Storm even after the spell has worn off?

DeletedUser

I doubt it. You will need to keep track of the toime and cast another spell as soon as it wore off.

DeletedUser

Yes, Helmet of Invisibility protects against offensive spells like Sea Storm for the full duration of the travel.

DeletedUser

How quick do they need to be before the instant notification will not be seen?
the notifications generally seem to appear about 30s-1m after sending an attack. nothing solid about those numbers though, just what i would guess :D

i think the main point is that if you send an attack and then proceed to cast a spell on it as soon as possible, it'll be fine. if you send an attack and then go do something else before casting a spell then the notification will prob show up in your enemy's city.

DeletedUser

30 seconds - 1 minute seems to be a good estimate, I usually experience it somewhere around there but as I said it is difficult to tell.

DeletedUser

No spells cannot be 'stacked' - one spell can only be active at a time.

The only exception is Wisdom, which you can cast multiple times on the same attack (lol).