Hall of Fame & Hall of Shame

DeletedUser52860

Jeez!

I’m no vet compared to some of you guys but when I think back to my first server (EN67 Bylis) all this crap was happening then. Pacts, naps, Mergers and effective diplomacy have always been how you win this game; it is only ever the players on the losing side who whine about hugging and only because they didn’t hug as well as their opponents, I have been on both sides as have most of you.

Take the currently flawless (apparently) True Fear who hugged to the max on EN92 thinking they could position themselves better than everyone else for wonders. Surrounded by alliances who focused on fighting more than self preservation (who now sound pretty similar to how they describe themselves) they absolutely tanked when it came to wonders. Beaten by, of all things, a last minute coalition of a bunch of nobodies they completed 0 wonders and then mass ghosted instead of standing together and fighting to the last.

Please be aware this isn’t specifically a pop at TF who have many people with vast experience that come together time and time again to play together and have fun. It is a point to illustrate firstly how things and teams and players change from server to server. Secondly this is how the game has been played for a long long time now; even the strongest fighting teams only win when they couple that with the right diplomacy at the right time. With the winners trumpeting their supremacy from the roof tops and the loser normallly whinging on about hugging, gold abuse or bots.

So maybe the losers could just suck it up for once, give credit where it’s due and roll on to the next sever where it will probably be their turn to be on top.

I nominate the whole of the epidamnos server to the hall of shame for endless whines, gold abuse, using illegal scripts, hugging too much, employing bad diplomacy (and all the other stuff that happens on every world, every time)!

TromboneTom

Strategos
Jeez!

I’m no vet compared to some of you guys but when I think back to my first server (EN67 Bylis) all this crap was happening then. Pacts, naps, Mergers and effective diplomacy have always been how you win this game; it is only ever the players on the losing side who whine about hugging and only because they didn’t hug as well as their opponents, I have been on both sides as have most of you.

Take the currently flawless (apparently) True Fear who hugged to the max on EN92 thinking they could position themselves better than everyone else for wonders. Surrounded by alliances who focused on fighting more than self preservation (who now sound pretty similar to how they describe themselves) they absolutely tanked when it came to wonders. Beaten by, of all things, a last minute coalition of a bunch of nobodies they completed 0 wonders and then mass ghosted instead of standing together and fighting to the last.

Please be aware this isn’t specifically a pop at TF who have many people with vast experience that come together time and time again to play together and have fun. It is a point to illustrate firstly how things and teams and players change from server to server. Secondly this is how the game has been played for a long long time now; even the strongest fighting teams only win when they couple that with the right diplomacy at the right time. With the winners trumpeting their supremacy from the roof tops and the loser normallly whinging on about hugging, gold abuse or bots.

So maybe the losers could just suck it up for once, give credit where it’s due and roll on to the next sever where it will probably be their turn to be on top.

I nominate the whole of the epidamnos server to the hall of shame for endless whines, gold abuse, using illegal scripts, hugging too much, employing bad diplomacy (and all the other stuff that happens on every world, every time)!
Hello old friend thanks for the nomination, seems like i just about missed you here joined just after you left :(

DeletedUser31852

That is not a fair fight.
Rksegjr.png

If you look at all stats except the last it clearly is...!

We’re kicking a sleeping dog and hopefully he will wake up angry and bite back. But right now we’re scared he’s not spleeping but dead or severely sick so looking for a doctor.

Ranga1

Strategos
He likes to cuddle, what do you expect from him. The biggest joke in the past 6 years in grepolis is him and his EN. 1.2k players he had under his command against 70 in EN88 and run like a pu$$y.

Still babbling about this world and these so called 1.2k players in a speed one world barely anyone except you cared about...geez you got anything better to do???

Ahr-Ex

Phrourach
If you look at all stats except the last it clearly is...!

I stand corrected. I should have said, this is not going well for the Hive. Also, I think the Hive's stats got improved by some of the players they recruited from TSB II, who might not be positioned to help much in this battle.

foogaloowhoOP

Strategos
Jeez!

I don't really know TF's past, the last time i played with them was en 85 after which i quit grepo, and i guess i decided to restart in 99 and saw ma ol team so i was happy to help them build wonders (never doing that crap again still have nightmares). And no not all worlds are bad, some have been delightful. But this is epidamnos, i think we should stick to epidamnos.

As for credits sure;

Presenting Foogles Honest Opinion
Note: just what i think of things aside of the usual trash-talk. Dont have much knowledge so some of the stuff might just be based of random bollocks that I think is true, also I am a pretty clueless simmer with practically no experience.

Skull Skellies: Excellent diplo and equally well done ops. I see them winning the world. All round good team, doesn't really need more words

Angry Apples: Stats don't lie. They might not tell the full story but they don't lie. They beat TF, out maneuvering both in terms of diplo and well planned ops. They had the right players on the frontiers and they made it hurt. They made no mistakes in exploiting our weaknesses and not only that, they have shown they are more than capable of taking on our bests.
However the recent mass VM was a little disappointing. There are still some players sticking around kudos to them. Yes they lost cities a lot of them really fast but the position of those cities was already in highly disputed areas. I think it was a poor choice to head into VM because imho they can give Skulls a better fight than any of the other teams. Keeping their core island tightened up till WW and keeping their members morale high I am sure they could have blocked a wonder or two maybe. I suppose VM'ng is another way. This might be an interesting strategy with both The VM company and AA in VM, skulls are essentially only left with one target. Still a long while to go till WW, a lot can happen till then.
It seems to me they won every battle but they lost the war (as I always said they would hehehe). I know you guys can fight and I don't doubt that you can't hold your own. Best of luck.

The VM Company: The most interesting group in my opinion, and can't really judge them just yet as they are not playing atm, but they have top notch fighters no doubt about it. A small tight knit group of relentless fighters that might or might not become smaller. It was nice of them not all joining Skulls and forming a third branch, that would have been yucky, so hats of there choosing the hard way (no disrespect to the players who did join Skulls, honestly if I was a shady and got an invite from skulls that's where I would be to) (I know a lot of you gonna be like "Ha nub thinks he can ever be a shady" well guess what! where is Shady now? HA! :p:D:):p:p )

Aside from what I have said in my trash talk, I think it was the smart move for them to head into VM, their case is very different from apples. Gaining most of its members after shady disbanded, and Skulls gaining even more momentum and a huge power spike in the form ex-Shadies, The Grey Company needed time to collect themselves, gain a foothold of their position, and their place in the world and what they can do to improve it. So they did the most reasonable thing and they reached out to TF, but TF is anything but reasonable LOL. (one would think people would have realized that by now) Nonetheless them heading into VM and taking a pause to see their options is the right move. And I am seeing a lot options for these guys, depending on their interests. Will be interesting to see which way they move South? further West? maybe even look up north, now that will be interesting if they work out something with the north eh?

True Fear: O boi lol. You guys n gals know what I think of you

Thats all folks.

This a trash talk thread though Drubzie, what kind nub gives credits in a trash talk thread.

DeletedUser44213

After all the trash talk that post was a gem. Thank you foog. It's so nice to see a positive spin on each alliance. Tbh, id say you were overly kind to our personal tactics hahaha

G-Fight

Chiliarch
I stand corrected. I should have said, this is not going well for the Hive. Also, I think the Hive's stats got improved by some of the players they recruited from TSB II, who might not be positioned to help much in this battle.
1st point about the stats: You're correct

2nd point about the positions: You're not correct. All cities lost to EPI were from the ex-TSB/PnP guys who joined us. I ain't making excuses here, al our support out of 34 had 7-8hrs TT to those cities, which made sniping impossible for the majority of our players. But credit where credit's due, it was a really hard and well co-ordinated OP from EPI and that was the biggest factor in the losses.

DeletedUser52860

Hello old friend thanks for the nomination, seems like i just about missed you here joined just after you left :(

Hey bud, you aren't included, hall of fame all the way
smiley_emoticons_eazy_cool01.gif

Having a wee break for the mo, my wife seems to have gone off the attack alarms, lol!

DeletedUser44213

Having a wee break for the mo, my wife seems to have gone off the attack alarms, lol!

I'm curious, does this mean at some point she had a thing for them?! LOL

TromboneTom

Strategos

Who knows perhaps we play alongside again in a future world but i think im due a break myself, take care buddy