Halloween 2013 Discussion Thread

Richard

Strategos
halloween_logo.png

Please discuss the Halloween 2013 Event here.

Thanks

Your Grepolis Team

DeletedUser

I really like the event actually.
Much more fun than the 'hunt' style event that became slightly boring what with halloween, christmas and easter all sharing the same style.

This is a great little event that has some pretty cool rewards (such as the additional permanent population).

Good work mr grepo dev man. :)

DeletedUser31931

Awesome Event!

Seems like a really cool event. As Thomas said, those events get real boring, but one like this is helpful with the rewards and not boring. Nice to have an event that'll keep you busy without interfering in the regular game play. Also, it is helpful to use gold, and will give you a slight advantage, but possible without using it.

100th Post! :p

skiboot

Phrourach
I find it pretty distasteful to be honest. If you have deep pockets then you can pretty much buy anything in this event.

Resources, extra pop, BP's, troops, it's all there for the gold spammers. And with no limit on the number of ingredients you can buy per day and no cool downs on the awards I think it's a step too far.

Might as well let people buy these things with gold in the normal game.

DeletedUser

Good event enabling you many good features and also letting you discover recipes. But it's more helpful for those who use tons of gold. Game has changed into a more gold game since I started it years ago which is why this will be my last world. But again, good feature.

DeletedUser

Nice thing this.Though i mean no offense but i liked the pumpkin hunt and all of last year more than this.

DeletedUser

Remember that the gold does increase in price each time...
So in order to buy 5 lots of Ambrosia for example would cost:

Total = 1050

It becomes completely not worth it to buy stuff with gold fairly quickly.

DeletedUser42956

I would for once, like to see grepolis as they did within I think it was the x-mass calendar event or one of them, make these events fair and even for everyone. You all end up turning these events into a gold burners paradise. Sure I understand you have to make a profit off this game to help maintance and upkeep of things. But at every turn, its gold this gold that to where it leaves a sour taste within players mouths.

Is it really that hard to make at least half of these events, evenly fair to where one who cann't afford the gold to have a shot?

And no I'm not one of them who cannt afford the gold, as I donate all the time to this game, but am looking at it from the perspective of the average player who cann't. Especially in this day and age with the way the economy's are around the world.

I would think Grepolis would give a hard look at that and within the perspective of those players who sometimes can only afford the advisors and nothing more and want to keep new members who come here to play this game.

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
Dwarfthis

DeletedUser43626

I find it pretty distasteful to be honest. If you have deep pockets then you can pretty much buy anything in this event.

Resources, extra pop, BP's, troops, it's all there for the gold spammers. And with no limit on the number of ingredients you can buy per day and no cool downs on the awards I think it's a step too far.

Might as well let people buy these things with gold in the normal game.

I disagree with you Ski. For a few reasons:

First and foremost I use gold :p

Second: When purchasing something with gold the price increases and keeps increasing. "Yes it does get reset once a day but paying 200 gold for a single item will put any gold player off" I also purchase for the reason that while some players have 20 cities on multiple islands I have 20 cities on one island, which vastly limits the amount of island quests that I could potentially do to earn items.

If the amount of quests were multiplied depending on the amount of cities you have on a single island then it wouldn't be an issue.

Other than those two points this is a very nice event. "I just wish that the purchase price remained fixed" I would rather spend 10 x 30 gold on one item, than spend 30 gold then 60 gold then 90 gold on and item. It prevents me from making up for the lack of quests and prevents the boys at grep making more off me.

skiboot

Phrourach
Remember that the gold does increase in price each time...
So in order to buy 5 lots of Ambrosia for example would cost:

Total = 1050

It becomes completely not worth it to buy stuff with gold fairly quickly.

That's a matter of opinion (and personal wealth). My point was that it is possible whereas in previous events it was not.

In addition, the gold required is reset every day - so encouraging moderate daily gold use.

DeletedUser21320

I disagree with you Ski. For a few reasons:

First and foremost I use gold :p

Second: When purchasing something with gold the price increases and keeps increasing. "Yes it does get reset once a day but paying 200 gold for a single item will put any gold player off" I also purchase for the reason that while some players have 20 cities on multiple islands I have 20 cities on one island, which vastly limits the amount of island quests that I could potentially do to earn items.
You can't be that much of a gold player as personally I would have little issue spending 200 gold on a free double BP on a regular basis, beats buying Olympics by a long way!

Also you really aren't getting much of your gold spend by having 20 cities on one island lol Have you invested in Captain before?

I think the problem that many don't recognise is that there are gold spammers out there that will spend a bucket load of money on this game to buy a crazy advantage, I know of players doing olympics when they get up to 30+ cities so what's the problem with them spending the equivalent on this? Great, so you've built something that can rob every penny that guy is willing to spend but this game is built upon numbers of people playing and it risks alienating those players that provide a solid stream of medium gold usage from even bothering.

DeletedUser43626

You can't be that much of a gold player as personally I would have little issue spending 200 gold on a free double BP on a regular basis, beats buying Olympics by a long way!

Also you really aren't getting much of your gold spend by having 20 cities on one island lol Have you invested in Captain before?

I think the problem that many don't recognise is that there are gold spammers out there that will spend a bucket load of money on this game to buy a crazy advantage, I know of players doing olympics when they get up to 30+ cities so what's the problem with them spending the equivalent on this? Great, so you've built something that can rob every penny that guy is willing to spend but this game is built upon numbers of people playing and it risks alienating those players that provide a solid stream of medium gold usage from even bothering.

Have a look at my island mate. Never lost a city yet. A lot of support for the alliance. Excellent defence. And a wonder island to boot.
But that's off topic.

My point is that, while price increase does take place, it discourages further purchases. Imagine buying an item until the price increase to 1000 gold. That means 25 items later and that's 90 uero's down the crapper. Increase the price on the items, but then fix the price on the third increase to encourage further sales.

And for a gold spender, you seem to complain like a non gold spender.

DeletedUser19930

I agree with Dwarfthis.

Would it not be better to have the Pumpkin hunt - I was looking forward to that. And an option to buy pumpkins if you do not have the time or to put the effort into finding the pumpkins?

DeletedUser21320

Have a look at my island mate. Never lost a city yet. A lot of support for the alliance. Excellent defence. And a wonder island to boot.
But that's off topic.

My point is that, while price increase does take place, it discourages further purchases. Imagine buying an item until the price increase to 1000 gold. That means 25 items later and that's 90 uero's down the crapper. Increase the price on the items, but then fix the price on the third increase to encourage further sales.

And for a gold spender, you seem to complain like a non gold spender.
When you've conquered more than 10 cities in your grepo career I may listen to your strategic ideas but until then I'll think I'll stick to what I know.

Maybe you don't get the point I made, should I bold it to explain some more?

Allowing the few people that are willing to spend 90 Euro like pocket change to buy them anything they want within the game risks alienating the large group (me included) of average spenders from bothering which means there is no game as there is no contest. Damn, I've even been told that Robbyn44 would not start a server with this event in effect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

I like it and would also point out a problem I am having.
I have 20 cities (2 on coconut, 2 share an island) yet, I only had 3 island quests in total? Is this what it's meant to be like or what?

DeletedUser32373

Yeah, and I also had a hard time scrolling through and finding my island quests. My PC is slow, and with 14 different cities it takes a good 5 minutes to check my quests. Maybe we could have an island quest overview or something?

DeletedUser31385

Lol.jpg

Lol, epic failure on the spelling, I dont know if it is correct but someone commented in my alliances forums.

DeletedUser31385

I made a guide in my alliances forum 1/5 of the recipes are completed just by me today.