Halloween Event Videocast Discussion

DeletedUser42857

like buses, dont see any for ages and then they all come at once.

DeletedUser13409

Just a thought on this for any future events Inno want to run. It is worth noting that if you only have one city then you are at a serious disadvantage this time around:

You can have a maximum of 2 island quests available at any time per island (so only 2 if you have one city). If you actually sleep then chances are you will miss 3 (possibly 4) island quests over each 24 hour period and can thus only obtain 3 recipes per day. Over 14 days this is a maximum of 42 recipes thus not meeting the requirement for the extra culture point by a mere 3! If you have a 2nd city this isn't a problem as 4 quests will be available when you wake up (thus covering most of the sleeping time) but it doesn't work for those with only 1 city. It's a shame I only realised this recently or I would have colonised just to get the extra culture level... now it is too late.

DeletedUser

Just a thought on this for any future events Inno want to run. It is worth noting that if you only have one city then you are at a serious disadvantage this time around:
Due to the range of players on any given server, and the new servers opened during the event, this is always going to be an issue. (I started late on a server, during grepolympics, and got minimal advantage compared to other more established players).

The very large players, if they play it right, will get the extra cultural level (not point) which could be worth way in excess of 100 CP. The same for a new player is worth a mere 3 CP.

Similarly someone who had planned some VM time is also at a disadvantage. Not much can be done.